Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• So do we think the Aussies have more money than McLeish?

@Redhenry 's S-Club party have the serious cash though don't they?

Ffs, I'm starting to lose track of this now.....
  • Since the weekend there has been interest of one new party

How many is that now then? 4 potential known bidders?
  • If The Aussies were at The Valley on Tuesday, as was Muir in the evening, is there a chance that Muir is a front man for The Aussies and McLeish is advising on the playing side of things?

If there are four interested parties this could become a long, drawn out affair with Roland playing them all off against each other and maybe eventually getting no deal at all. Unless of course one party offers a deal he cannot refuse.

Even if one party offered what any normal person would call 'a deal he cannot refuse' I believe Roland would think he could get more from one of the others. He's driven by money and power. If there are four interested parties he will be in his element. No takeover this season IMHO.
    Not being funny but I don’t think this is necessary true.

Do you recall when RD first came onboard our Belgian journo mate (member name “skywalker” or something?) warned us that his motivation goes way beyond money and power. It is more about politics and proving people wrong.
    In order for Roland to prove someone wrong about his Charlton ownership he's got to be looking for a 4-yr old quote that says "I bet that Roland will be a right good success at Charlton....", any takers? @Swisdom ??

Roland will be rubbing his crusty hands together,a bidding war....

Is that a good thing ....... will it just add to the uncertainty and cause further delay?

• Only at Charlton...
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:

I just received a text backing up bobs info. Deal is/was days from completion but now probably weeks away.

Haven’t read last 3 pages so possibly old news but the reason for the delay? Australians suddenly became more interested at the start of the week and were even there Tuesday which was interesting as they were believed to have pulled out last week.

My mate knows nothing about the Aussie finances but doesn’t believe the McLeish consortium have the funding for a Prem push, more like debt consolidation with the hope of reaching the champ. Muir would be the man reducing the debt and McLeish would be more likely to be director of football than manager.

Also said he believes Roland mucked other parties about in favour of this one, possibly spite if they have the least money. But Aussies are still around but keeping a much lower profile than McLeish and Donald. The Aussies originally backing off probably resulted in McLeish showing his face believing the deal was done.

Fee of around 22mil plus repayable debt.

This is what I can’t get my head round. Someone’s gonna pay £22m and about £30m worth of debt just to consolidate/pay that down and get us in the champ where we will likely rack up losses, maybe just marginally less.

Maybe I’m being too simplistic here but what’s the end game in that? I’m not digging you out at all here @cafcfan1990 just trying to work out the maths

Also I get the Muir apt at Rangers because it was Lloyd’s sending their man into look after/retrieve as much of their money that they could.

Buying us for £22m plus debt makes no sense at all to me

Buying us for £15-20m as a £1m a month loss making entity does make sense if you can afford to fund that and try and get in the prem to eventually recoup the money

Debt consolidation as a potential championship club just seems odd. To pay £50m for that investment is really baffling
    Well I was wondering what cafcfan1990 means by plus repayable debt. Personally that phrase could mean anything.
  • I hope all the interested parties play hardball and stick to reasonable offers for the club. Surely even old Duche would get the message then? You're not getting your money back.
  • Takeover to happen soon or not?.

Not.

February at the earliest

Might just as well get yourself one of these mate;
  • RedChaser said:

Takeover to happen soon or not?.

Might just as well get yourself one of these mate;
    Need more then that to save us from RD.
  • cabbles said:

I just received a text backing up bobs info. Deal is/was days from completion but now probably weeks away.

Haven’t read last 3 pages so possibly old news but the reason for the delay? Australians suddenly became more interested at the start of the week and were even there Tuesday which was interesting as they were believed to have pulled out last week.

My mate knows nothing about the Aussie finances but doesn’t believe the McLeish consortium have the funding for a Prem push, more like debt consolidation with the hope of reaching the champ. Muir would be the man reducing the debt and McLeish would be more likely to be director of football than manager.

Also said he believes Roland mucked other parties about in favour of this one, possibly spite if they have the least money. But Aussies are still around but keeping a much lower profile than McLeish and Donald. The Aussies originally backing off probably resulted in McLeish showing his face believing the deal was done.

Fee of around 22mil plus repayable debt.

This is what I can’t get my head round. Someone’s gonna pay £22m and about £30m worth of debt just to consolidate/pay that down and get us in the champ where we will likely rack up losses, maybe just marginally less.

Maybe I’m being too simplistic here but what’s the end game in that? I’m not digging you out at all here @cafcfan1990 just trying to work out the maths

Also I get the Muir apt at Rangers because it was Lloyd’s sending their man into look after/retrieve as much of their money that they could.

Buying us for £22m plus debt makes no sense at all to me

Buying us for £15-20m as a £1m a month loss making entity does make sense if you can afford to fund that and try and get in the prem to eventually recoup the money

Debt consolidation as a potential championship club just seems odd. To pay £50m for that investment is really baffling
    Well I was wondering what cafcfan1990 means by plus repayable debt. Personally that phrase could mean anything.
    Agree.

Personally, I took Cafcfan1990 to mean £22m plus debt, as the 'protected' £7m owed to Murray and former directors.

Turns out everyone wants to own Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

Not.

February at the earliest
    I would class February as “soon”

Not.

February at the earliest
    But the transfer window will be shut.

Not.

February at the earliest
    But we will have all of our injured players back so it will look like a new team! laughing to myself

Shush - I was hoping to keep that secret.

Not.

February at the earliest
    I know but to be honest I’ve written off this season already.

All that matters now is that the old codger f@cks off and never goes anywhere near my beloved Charlton again.
    That’s my mindset too, as much as I’m dissappointed by how this season has turned out, I’m happy to write it off if the takeover happens.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!