Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• cabbles said:

I just received a text backing up bobs info. Deal is/was days from completion but now probably weeks away.

Haven’t read last 3 pages so possibly old news but the reason for the delay? Australians suddenly became more interested at the start of the week and were even there Tuesday which was interesting as they were believed to have pulled out last week.

My mate knows nothing about the Aussie finances but doesn’t believe the McLeish consortium have the funding for a Prem push, more like debt consolidation with the hope of reaching the champ. Muir would be the man reducing the debt and McLeish would be more likely to be director of football than manager.

Also said he believes Roland mucked other parties about in favour of this one, possibly spite if they have the least money. But Aussies are still around but keeping a much lower profile than McLeish and Donald. The Aussies originally backing off probably resulted in McLeish showing his face believing the deal was done.

Fee of around 22mil plus repayable debt.

This is what I can’t get my head round. Someone’s gonna pay £22m and about £30m worth of debt just to consolidate/pay that down and get us in the champ where we will likely rack up losses, maybe just marginally less.

Maybe I’m being too simplistic here but what’s the end game in that? I’m not digging you out at all here @cafcfan1990 just trying to work out the maths

Also I get the Muir apt at Rangers because it was Lloyd’s sending their man into look after/retrieve as much of their money that they could.

Buying us for £22m plus debt makes no sense at all to me

Buying us for £15-20m as a £1m a month loss making entity does make sense if you can afford to fund that and try and get in the prem to eventually recoup the money

Debt consolidation as a potential championship club just seems odd. To pay £50m for that investment is really baffling
    How much are the Valley and SL worth do we guesstimate?

• bobmunro said:

Since the weekend there has been interest of one new party

Shush - I was hoping to keep that secret.

Sorry mate it was when you said I could be striker I had to blab
  • RedChaser said:

Takeover to happen soon or not?.

Might just as well get yourself one of these mate;
    Need more then that to save us from RD.
    Hitler compulsively rubbed his ball - didn't do him any good
  • Not sure how much money you would need in the short term. I think if you could sell Konsa for 4-5m and give it all to KR, we should be able to significantly strengthen with what we have!

• bobmunro said:

That fecking liar. @bobmunro promised me I could play up top on my todd
  • So, how is everyone feeling? Optimistic about a takeover, of feeling like this is Charlton and we will somehow end up no better off than we are at present. Me - this is Charlton and we never do it the easy way.
  • Chizz said:

Should we be nervous about the potential incumbents? Here is how I see it. There's a scene in The Office, where Tim Canterbury is contemplating his future prospects and whether he should quit his job and go for a better one. He says,

I just think, well, I dunno, if you look at life like rolling a dice, then my situation now, as it stands, yeah, it may only be a three. If I jack that in now, go for something bigger and better, yeah, I could easily roll a six. No problem. I could roll a six. I could also roll a one. OK, so... I think sometimes just leave the dice alone.

Well this is what I think. The new owners could be a six, could be a three, could even be a one. But you know what score we have right now? A big fat zero. And Roland's nicked the fucking dice.

So, even if these new owners turn out to be a terrible option, they're far, far better than the malignant idiot in charge right now.

Except I’d say Roland is a 2 at best, one and a half at his Karel fraeye worst.

Actually, great post, made me want whoever is wanting to takeover the club to take over. Scottish Muir, rich middle easterners, Aussie muir. Bring it!
  • edited January 2018

cabbles said:

I just received a text backing up bobs info. Deal is/was days from completion but now probably weeks away.

Haven’t read last 3 pages so possibly old news but the reason for the delay? Australians suddenly became more interested at the start of the week and were even there Tuesday which was interesting as they were believed to have pulled out last week.

My mate knows nothing about the Aussie finances but doesn’t believe the McLeish consortium have the funding for a Prem push, more like debt consolidation with the hope of reaching the champ. Muir would be the man reducing the debt and McLeish would be more likely to be director of football than manager.

Also said he believes Roland mucked other parties about in favour of this one, possibly spite if they have the least money. But Aussies are still around but keeping a much lower profile than McLeish and Donald. The Aussies originally backing off probably resulted in McLeish showing his face believing the deal was done.

This is what I can’t get my head round. Someone’s gonna pay £22m and about £30m worth of debt just to consolidate/pay that down and get us in the champ where we will likely rack up losses, maybe just marginally less.

Maybe I’m being too simplistic here but what’s the end game in that? I’m not digging you out at all here @cafcfan1990 just trying to work out the maths

Also I get the Muir apt at Rangers because it was Lloyd’s sending their man into look after/retrieve as much of their money that they could.

Buying us for £15-20m as a £1m a month loss making entity does make sense if you can afford to fund that and try and get in the prem to eventually recoup the money

Debt consolidation as a potential championship club just seems odd. To pay £50m for that investment is really baffling
    How much are the Valley and SL worth do we guesstimate?

I can't remember, but I am confident he had one/both revalued before the last accounts.

Personally, if RD paid £18M, the freeholds increased by £5M (guess) and he's increased other assets such as the training ground and stadium by another £5M, I wouldn't be averse to him receiving £28M. (The 2 x £5M are estimates).
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2018

Not sure how much money you would need in the short term. I think if you could sell Konsa for 4-5m and give it all to KR, we should be able to significantly strengthen with what we have!

Rumours of Everton sniffing around again from Louis Mendez on Charlton Live just now so RD will trouser any transfer fee for Konsa. That should mean a commensurate, plus any proceeds for Holmes, drop in the sale price. Whether new owners would allow a similar increased spend on the restructuring of the squad is the question :open_mouth:
  • So, how is everyone feeling? Optimistic about a takeover, of feeling like this is Charlton and we will somehow end up no better off than we are at present. Me - this is Charlton and we never do it the easy way.

This.
  • edited January 2018

Seen a few tweets tonight putting some pressure on getting RM to speak up and I think we should all start doing the same.

It's ridiculous that KR is having to answer for every single bit of the club at the moment.

I agree with the principle of this but what if RM is involved with one of the bidders? He'd have to keep out of the limelight surely. I'm not ITK and not a great fan of RM these days by the way.
  • Its all gonna be alright gents. The Scots will takeover the club on 30th Jan. We'll sign Eoin Doyle on 31st Jan. Fosu and Forster Caskey will return from injury on the same day and we'll go unbeaten for the rest of the season.

Easy this football malarky.
  • cfgs said:

Seen a few tweets tonight putting some pressure on getting RM to speak up and I think we should all start doing the same.

It's ridiculous that KR is having to answer for every single bit of the club at the moment.

RM will speak after the next takeover to tell one and all how excited he is for our future, once again.
    And how we won’t have to sell players again....
  • Chizz said:

Should we be nervous about the potential incumbents? Here is how I see it. There's a scene in The Office, where Tim Canterbury is contemplating his future prospects and whether he should quit his job and go for a better one. He says,

I just think, well, I dunno, if you look at life like rolling a dice, then my situation now, as it stands, yeah, it may only be a three. If I jack that in now, go for something bigger and better, yeah, I could easily roll a six. No problem. I could roll a six. I could also roll a one. OK, so... I think sometimes just leave the dice alone.

Well this is what I think. The new owners could be a six, could be a three, could even be a one. But you know what score we have right now? A big fat zero. And Roland's nicked the fucking dice.

So, even if these new owners turn out to be a terrible option, they're far, far better than the malignant idiot in charge right now.

Except I’d say Roland is a 2 at best, one and a half at his Karel fraeye worst.

Actually, great post, made me want whoever is wanting to takeover the club to take over. Scottish Muir, rich middle easterners, Aussie muir. Bring it!
    Agree. Roland is definitely a number 2!!
  • So, possibly Holmes and Konsa leaving.

Just sell the club ffs.
  • RedChaser said:

Not sure how much money you would need in the short term. I think if you could sell Konsa for 4-5m and give it all to KR, we should be able to significantly strengthen with what we have!

Rumours of Everton sniffing around again from Louis Mendez on Charlton Live just now so RD will trouser any transfer fee for Konsa. That should mean a commensurate, plus any proceeds for Holmes, drop in the sale price. Whether new owners would allow a similar increasd spend in the restructuring of the squad is the question :open_mouth:
    All depends on how much Konsa's value is in the books. If it's say 500k and RD sells for 4m he can trouser 3.5m and knock 500k off the asking price.
  • Seen a few tweets tonight putting some pressure on getting RM to speak up and I think we should all start doing the same.

Can I just say...
  • Sponsored links:

• Seen a few tweets tonight putting some pressure on getting RM to speak up and I think we should all start doing the same.

RM speaking up? We've got more chance of him giving another Q&A which doesn't actually tell us anything - again.
  • This is all a bit depressing. What’s the betting that after cashing in on the players the old scroat walks away with the bulbs out of the floodlights, swaps the old seats back in and leaves a pile of garden waste on Sparrows Lane
  • edited January 2018

RedChaser said:

Rumours of Everton sniffing around again from Louis Mendez on Charlton Live just now so RD will trouser any transfer fee for Konsa. That should mean a commensurate, plus any proceeds for Holmes, drop in the sale price. Whether new owners would allow a similar increasd spend in the restructuring of the squad is the question :open_mouth:
    All depends on how much Konsa's value is in the books. If it's say 500k and RD sells for 4m he can trouser 3.5m and knock 500k off the asking price.
    I would hope during DD a going rate transfer valuation would have been placed against each player especially those likely to command a decent fee.
  • JamesSeed said:

I expect these potential purchasers are aware that RD is desperate to sell, so will be bidding low. Which is probably the only way to make the purchase even remotely viable.

OK so I'm nowhere near caught up on this thread.

But this desperation is what worries me. Because Slater and Jiminez were despera
    cabbles said:

Agreed, and I have felt this way for a long, long time.

I fear any potential owner will:
    1) Not have enough money left over after the sale for the investment needed throughout the club (new SMT, training ground, playing staff, staff that have left and not been replaced under Roland)

2) Not understand the work and expenditure it will take to recoup their investment. I fear they'll be sold on "only 2-3 years until the Premier League" and not understand that that is both a risky strategy, and an incredibly complex one. Not to mention one that might see their expenditure double before we're even near the Premier League.
  • RedChaser said:

Rumours of Everton sniffing around again from Louis Mendez on Charlton Live just now so RD will trouser any transfer fee for Konsa. That should mean a commensurate, plus any proceeds for Holmes, drop in the sale price. Whether new owners would allow a similar increased spend on the restructuring of the squad is the question :open_mouth:
    Surely any possible buyer would drop the offered price by the sale price of any player now sold so not sure what is to gain. If money from a sale was used to strengthen - remember what Powell did with £1m for Jenkinson - surely a Charlton team back to winning ways becomes more attractive!
  • Surely all these consortium's realise the need to act before January is over

What makes you think any new owner is going to splash the cash? We might end up with another owner like Roland.
    Exactly what this consortium sounds to be. Getting a decent price for a club with potential.

Possibly have the ability to help fund a squad capable of getting out of League 1, but not looking to splash the cash for a Prem push. More hoping that a decent Champ squad unexpectedly reaches play offs or even goes up.

Probably an improvement, mainly because figures involved understand football way more than KM and RD, but they won’t be throwing money at the club.
    So what would be the reason for buying us? I mean there's no money to be made in the Championship and therefore we'll just be a money pit for the owners. Surely anyone looking for a return on their investment would understand that? I can't believe they would want to buy us for the love of the club and are happy to throw money away season after season.
    I completely agree. From what I can gather, they would offer financial stability in the way that Roland has, ie - do have money when necessary. They are also willing to have a half decent summer in the hope of getting promotion next season. That’s what I can gather are the advantages.

I’m not saying they don’t want to get to the premier league, of course every championship side would. I’m just assuming from what I have been told that they won’t come in and through money at it like Wolves in an attempt to get to the Prem ASAP.

Our chances of going up to the Prem would be slim, would have to be done either luckily or in a few years when they have built a solid team.
    I don't have a problem with that. If there is a long term plan for Championship football and some stability then at some point hopefully make a push for the Premier League, great. I'm not in a rush to get back to the Prem, I just want to see players giving their all and a future that's not clouded by a ridiculous owner and his poor decisions.

I guess my main worry is that they take over, realise they aren't going to get their money back and then offload us to the first person who shows an interest regardless whether they will be good for the club or not.
  • RedChaser said:

Surely any possible buyer would drop the offered price by the sale price of any player now sold so not sure what is to gain. If money from a sale was used to strengthen - remember what Powell did with £1m for Jenkinson - surely a Charlton team back to winning ways becomes more attractive!
    Yes of course there should be a commensurate price reduction and you would hope that new owners would plough that amount back in to the transfer kitty but will they? A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush :wink:

• bobmunro said:

That fecking liar. @bobmunro promised me I could play up top on my todd
    I’m reassessing the forward line - you kept quiet so the number 9 shirt is yours, but D let the cat out of the bag so splinters on his arse warming the bench is his likely starting position.

I intend to play the Iniesta role as the midfield general, just as soon as I can get rid of these fecking crutches!

• Charlton under Roly is all about finding a new deeper poo filled hole, to submerge the club in everyday.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!