Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Even our takeovers are boring

Literally messaged that exact sentence to a mate yesterday.
  • Surely all these consortium's realise the need to act before January is over

What makes you think any new owner is going to splash the cash? We might end up with another owner like Roland.
    Exactly what this consortium sounds to be. Getting a decent price for a club with potential.

Possibly have the ability to help fund a squad capable of getting out of League 1, but not looking to splash the cash for a Prem push. More hoping that a decent Champ squad unexpectedly reaches play offs or even goes up.

Probably an improvement, mainly because figures involved understand football way more than KM and RD, but they won’t be throwing money at the club.
    So what would be the reason for buying us? I mean there's no money to be made in the Championship and therefore we'll just be a money pit for the owners. Surely anyone looking for a return on their investment would understand that? I can't believe they would want to buy us for the love of the club and are happy to throw money away season after season.
  • Interestingly, Robinson and McCleish have the same agent

Robinson also suggests there are up to four consortiums interested in the club

I know there are at least two more interested away from aussies and McLeish but very early stages of interest
    Spill the beans then
  • edited January 2018

I just received a text backing up bobs info. Deal is/was days from completion but now probably weeks away.

Haven’t read last 3 pages so possibly old news but the reason for the delay? Australians suddenly became more interested at the start of the week and were even there Tuesday which was interesting as they were believed to have pulled out last week.

My mate knows nothing about the Aussie finances but doesn’t believe the McLeish consortium have the funding for a Prem push, more like debt consolidation with the hope of reaching the champ. Muir would be the man reducing the debt and McLeish would be more likely to be director of football than manager.

Also said he believes Roland mucked other parties about in favour of this one, possibly spite if they have the least money. But Aussies are still around but keeping a much lower profile than McLeish and Donald. The Aussies originally backing off probably resulted in McLeish showing his face believing the deal was done.

Fee of around 22mil plus repayable debt.

Mcleish bid looks shite, if, as someone else alluded too, there main backer has 400 million, I wouldn't be happy with that.
  • “I won’t let this season dwindle away.” ... sorry pal but it ain’t up to you! It’s dwindled away to an extent already!
  • Blokes 71 years old ffs, you'd think he'd take the most sensible offer and go sit on a beach somewhere drinking cold lager

Nah warm larger so he gets the tom tits :wink:
  • what makes him believe he isn't being lied to, again?

• Sponsored links:

• what makes him believe he isn't being lied to, again?

I'll take all he says with a pinch of salt and I think he says it knowing that we will.
  • sammy391 said:

“I won’t let this season dwindle away.” ... sorry pal but it ain’t up to you! It’s dwindled away to an extent already!
    Siege mentality. Fortress Valley. Seriously the players should rally round and say "OK it's grim but we're still getting paid so let's give our all".
    Sadly this mentality has ceased to exist in the current world of football.
  • Surely all these consortium's realise the need to act before January is over

What makes you think any new owner is going to splash the cash? We might end up with another owner like Roland.
    Exactly what this consortium sounds to be. Getting a decent price for a club with potential.

Possibly have the ability to help fund a squad capable of getting out of League 1, but not looking to splash the cash for a Prem push. More hoping that a decent Champ squad unexpectedly reaches play offs or even goes up.

Probably an improvement, mainly because figures involved understand football way more than KM and RD, but they won’t be throwing money at the club.
    So what would be the reason for buying us? I mean there's no money to be made in the Championship and therefore we'll just be a money pit for the owners. Surely anyone looking for a return on their investment would understand that? I can't believe they would want to buy us for the love of the club and are happy to throw money away season after season.
    I completely agree. From what I can gather, they would offer financial stability in the way that Roland has, ie - do have money when necessary. They are also willing to have a half decent summer in the hope of getting promotion next season. That’s what I can gather are the advantages.

I’m not saying they don’t want to get to the premier league, of course every championship side would. I’m just assuming from what I have been told that they won’t come in and through money at it like Wolves in an attempt to get to the Prem ASAP.

Our chances of going up to the Prem would be slim, would have to be done either luckily or in a few years when they have built a solid team.
  • People want rid of Roland for people who know football. ThIs lot provide that and our squad would look a lot more balanced and we would be back up in the Champ IMO.

But don’t expect money thrown in an attempt to get to the Premier League. This lot don’t have the funds.
  • edited January 2018
    So do we think the Aussies have more money than McLeish?

@Redhenry 's third party have the serious cash though don't they?
  • J BLOCK said:

Interestingly, Robinson and McCleish have the same agent

I know there are at least two more interested away from aussies and McLeish but very early stages of interest
    Spill the beans then
    Exactly that , two others have shown Interest and held an opening and initial convo With regards the sale of the club

It shows nothing is finalised nothing agreed with any party yet

No deal had been done that would stop anyone holding talks about our sale to others not already in the process
  • I would guess it would happen before the window if it was going to happen? I imagine any party that do buy the club would at least want some time in the transfer window to put their mark on the club.

Maybe we are in a bit of a stand off at the moment as RD knows this which is why he has set an unreasonable price. However maybe the other parties know that if he does not sell by the end of January he will just continue to lose money so will panic and drop the price soon.

Or maybe I have absolutely no clue what I'm talking about and am just bored on a train trying to pass some time.
  • Sponsored links:

• KR “I know that Alex McLeish was at the game the other night – I’ve had conversations with him before - and what I have been told is that there are two or three interested parties and the earliest [potential completion date] is the end of the window, which it makes it difficult for us." This statement re-enforces my suspicion that Muir and McLeish are acting for RD. RD has a lot at stake and Muir in particular is more than qualified to sort out RD's mess. But, then I'm probably wrong!
  • KR “I know that Alex McLeish was at the game the other night – I’ve had conversations with him before - and what I have been told is that there are two or three interested parties and the earliest [potential completion date] is the end of the window, which it makes it difficult for us." This statement re-enforces my suspicion that Muir and McLeish are acting for RD. RD has a lot at stake and Muir in particular is more than qualified to sort out RD's mess. But, then I'm probably wrong!

Why would RE employee Mcleish, to do what the exactly?

My take is Muir and Mcleish are tabling a bid, bu don’t have heavy finances, RD wants to sell to them though hence them being Murray’s guests last weekend.
  • If The Aussies were at The Valley on Tuesday, as was Muir in the evening, is there a chance that Muir is a front man for The Aussies and McLeish is advising on the playing side of things?

If there are four interested parties this could become a long, drawn out affair with Roland playing them all off against each other and maybe eventually getting no deal at all. Unless of course one party offers a deal he cannot refuse.

Even if one party offered what any normal person would call 'a deal he cannot refuse' I believe Roland would think he could get more from one of the others. He's driven by money and power. If there are four interested parties he will be in his element. No takeover this season IMHO.
  • Dazzler21 said:

sammy391 said:

“I won’t let this season dwindle away.” ... sorry pal but it ain’t up to you! It’s dwindled away to an extent already!
    Siege mentality. Fortress Valley. Seriously the players should rally round and say "OK it's grim but we're still getting paid so let's give our all".
    Sadly this mentality has ceased to exist in the current world of football.
    Except at Shrewsbury. I bet their wage bill is significantly less than ours.

• J BLOCK said:

Spill the beans then
    Exactly that , two others have shown Interest and held an opening and initial convo With regards the sale of the club

No deal had been done that would stop anyone holding talks about our sale to others not already in the process
    The McLeish consortium believed a deal was very close last weekend but understand that it’s few steps backwards now, mainly because the Aussies came back for a 3rd/4th time.
  • J BLOCK said:

Spill the beans then

The McLeish consortium believed a deal was very close last weekend but understand that it’s few steps backwards now, mainly because the Aussies came back for a 3rd/4th time.
    Don’t write off the Aussies yet. They’re a persistent lot!
  • If The Aussies were at The Valley on Tuesday, as was Muir in the evening, is there a chance that Muir is a front man for The Aussies and McLeish is advising on the playing side of things?

If there are four interested parties this could become a long, drawn out affair with Roland playing them all off against each other and maybe eventually getting no deal at all. Unless of course one party offers a deal he cannot refuse.

Even if one party offered what any normal person would call 'a deal he cannot refuse' I believe Roland would think he could get more from one of the others. He's driven by money and power. If there are four interested parties he will be in his element. No takeover this season IMHO.
    Not being funny but I don’t think this is necessary true.

Do you recall when RD first came onboard our Belgian journo mate (member name “skywalker” or something?) warned us that his motivation goes way beyond money and power. It is more about politics and proving people wrong.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!