Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Sorry about last comment . comp went down before I finished .
    I think new owners who ever they maybe will sell the valley and move us to a new ground on the peninsula
    The only way we can ever get back to prem .
    I love Charlton and would hate to see us leave the valley . but it might be a case of one step back and two forward
  • Cant see how it’s possible that McLeish and Muir have the money. It can’t just be them wanting to buy the club no matter how much nous and expertise they have. They must have a monied backer.

McLeish from what i have heard is just for the football side of things but Muir is putting money in with other people, it’s all going through and being finalised but won’t be until early February.
  • bobcafc7 said:

Cant see how it’s possible that McLeish and Muir have the money. It can’t just be them wanting to buy the club no matter how much nous and expertise they have. They must have a monied backer.

McLeish from what i have heard is just for the football side of things but Muir is putting money in with other people, it’s all going through and being finalised but won’t be until early February.
    Have heard the same. AM is fronting the bid.
  • Sorry about last comment . comp went down before I finished .
    I think new owners who ever they maybe will sell the valley and move us to a new ground on the peninsula
    I love Charlton and would hate to see us leave the valley . but it might be a case of one step back and two forward

If we could get a deal done like West Ham, that would give us a considerable advantage. But those deals rarely happen in the real world, unless you have people working for you in government.
  • DOC64 said:

bobcafc7 said:

Cant see how it’s possible that McLeish and Muir have the money. It can’t just be them wanting to buy the club no matter how much nous and expertise they have. They must have a monied backer.

Have heard the same. AM is fronting the bid.
    Presumably you mean DM as in Donald Muir ? And when you say fronting then it means it’s money from another as yet unknown party ?

• edited January 2018

Sorry about last comment . comp went down before I finished .

If we could get a deal done like West Ham, that would give us a considerable advantage. But those deals rarely happen in the real world, unless you have people working for you in government.
    I have always been curious about the thinking of those that couldn’t bear to see the valley moved elsewhere. If your family moves to a new house is it not still your family? Do you memories of the Valley vanish? Genuine question and I am not critical just curious . To be fair (voice drops to a whisper) I have only been to the valley 4 times. For me the club is the people on here and in the valley not the bricks and mortar. I’d expect that they’d bring elements of the old stadium with them.
  • Alex McLeish, who apparently was uncertain as of the start of the week as to whether he wanted to be involved. The fact that he returned for the Oxford game would suggest that he has committed.

• DOC64 said:

Alex McLeish, who apparently was uncertain as of the start of the week as to whether he wanted to be involved. The fact that he returned for the Oxford game would suggest that he has committed.

Alex Mcleish is also best mate's with Donald Muir, so is probably just advising him on the football side of things.
  • Sponsored links:

• FORD said:

We're currently owned by someone who relied on:
    * A teenagers with a spreadsheet as our chief scout
    * A lawyer with no football or management experience as our CEO
    * Belgium 3rd tier football managers with zero experience of British football.

Whilst I'll remain cautious about anyone who takes over, I think we need to recall the mad decisions of our current owner before doom and gloom starts.

This absolutely.
    Understandable caution but to have football people would be wonderful.
    Always look on the bright side of life as you down your Bucky bomb.
  • They will no doubt be working in unison. The expression regarding McLeish given to me was that he had been asked to be 'front man'. As stated elsewhere, he would be advising on the football side.
  • DOC64 said:

They will no doubt be working in unison. The expression regarding McLeish given to me was that he had been asked to be 'front man'. As stated elsewhere, he would be advising on the football side.

Having watched our last two home games that should keep him very busy
  • bobcafc7 said:

that doesn't stack up for me. If as you say it's being finalised then it sounds imminent to me. Also, why would you attend two games in four days, one a non-event, if completion of a deal isn't close. They would know that once they stuck their heads above the parapet all 'hell' would break loose. With the 'suits' over from Belgium, Roland admitting he doesn't deal with M & A's etc himself, and a meeting rumoured for today then it suggests to me a deal is close.

• bobcafc7 said:

that doesn't stack up for me. If as you say it's being finalised then it sounds imminent to me. Also, why would you attend two games in four days, one a non-event, if completion of a deal isn't close. They would know that once they stuck their heads above the parapet all 'hell' would break loose. With the 'suits' over from Belgium, Roland admitting he doesn't deal with M & A's etc himself, and a meeting rumoured for today then it suggests to me a deal is close.

I've read on here and the dark side that apparently the timescale is 10 days

But there is nothing to confirm this in anyway shape or form

do we have a gif for this?
  • bobcafc7 said:

That’s what I’ve been told from someone very close to the deal so only passing on information I just said I hope it’s done in January for new signings but he said it’s doubtful.
  • I can’t see the maths in a move. The Valley is hardly a fantastic development site in a sought after area after all. Would there be cash over after you have sold the ground, bought another site and built another stadium?

It would need land to be given to us and would have to include other revenue streams to make it worthwhile, and if it did, I would be OK with it.

I could see a joint development with Millwall being an option that would come up!
  • Sponsored links:

• Redrobo said:

I can’t see the maths in a move. The Valley is hardly a fantastic development site in a sought after area after all. Would there be cash over after you have sold the ground, bought another site and built another stadium?

It would need land to be given to us and would have to include other revenue streams to make it worthwhile, and if it did, I would be OK with it.

I could see a joint development with Millwall being an option that would come up!

One half of the ground would need to kitted out as blue padded cells and the other half seats with blankets.
  • Am worried now. Hope the new owners will keep us at The Valley. So many memories - good and bad. If we do get moved to another ground, can I get back my 2 commemorative bricks dedicated to my 2 uncles or will they have a ceremony to move them to the new location!
  • bobcafc7 said:

The beginning of Feb is only 3 weeks away. We only play 1 more home game until then.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!