Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Valley11 said:

No owner can be as bad as Duchatelet.

Disagree. He’s been awful but there could be worse.
    Unless it's Oyston, I doubt it.
  • edited January 2018
    Valley11 said:

SISU.
    Previous Leyton Orient owner
  • No owner can be as bad as Duchatelet.

If only that were true.

As mad as it sounds there are plenty of others just as bad as him around the Football League, the Oystons come immediately to mind.
  • RedChaser said:

There was once was this Belgian prick
    Whos brain was as big as his dick
    we want him to go, as he well knows...

So fuck off you cnut and be QUICK/blockquote>

It spans a bit better now mate :wink: .

Haha the bluntness was intended but i do like the new finished article :smiley:
  • Sooooo, he sells anything of value tomorrow with no time to reinvest then sells in February?

He does have a small problem in that he does not really have anyone at the club that he can rely on to do this. RM and Robbo can be relied upon to make it difficult, and it is hard enough to push things through when everyone wants a move to happen.

Just to be sure, if I was Robbo I would organise a game of golf for tomorrow afternoon. Phones are unacceptable when playing so everyone would be out of touch for 4 hrs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Redrobo said:

Sooooo, he sells anything of value tomorrow with no time to reinvest then sells in February?

He does have a small problem in that he does not really have anyone at the club that he can rely on to do this. RM and Robbo can be relied upon to make it difficult, and it is hard enough to push things through when everyone wants a move to happen.

Just to be sure, if I was Robbo I would organise a game of golf for tomorrow afternoon. Phones are unacceptable when playing so everyone would be out of touch for 4 hrs.
    I believe Karl's phone is on the blink and he's not feeling very well.
  • edited January 2018
    Latest:

Bad luck @mart77 , not long to go for @Dazzler21

Jan
    29 @mart77 , 30 @Dazzler21 , 31 @Nicholas
    Feb
    1 @cafcwill , 2 @TheTunnelJumpCAFC , 3 @Redrobo , 4 @cafc_harry , 5 @CAFCDAZ, 6 @ricky_otto , 7 @Rufus_Ambition , 8 @paulie8290 , 9 @bellz2002 , 10 @TomHards, 11 @BartramBlitz , 12 @The Red Robin , 13 @Leeds_Addick , 14 @Mrkinski , 15 @RedArmySE7 , 16 @Valiantphil , 17 @LargeAddick , 18 @moutuakilla , 19 @NorthheathAddick , 20 @The_President, 21 @JamesSeed , 22 @flyingkiwiDK , 23 @GD78 , 24 @Redmidland , 25 @blackpool72 , 26 @Charlton_Stu , 27 @CafcSCP , 28 @killerandflash ,
    Mar
    1 @DANTHEADDICK , 2 @Hex , 3 @sammy391, 4 @ken_shabby , 5 @bromdog , 6 @palarsehater , 7 @Covered End, 8 @Pelling1993 , 9 @Rob , 10 @Gillis , 11 @lancashire lad , 12 @On-Me-Head, 13 @PeterGage , 14 @3blokes , 15 @Davo55 , 16 @mascot88 , 17 @guinnessaddick , 20 @creepyaddick , 21 @cantersaddick , 24 @HantsAddick , 25 @Dannoo_86 , 27 @The Organiser , 28 @CheshireAddick , 29 @Dansk_Red ,
    April
    1 @CharltonKerry , 2 @cafckev , 7 @Uboat , 9 @Braziliance , 15 @25May98 , 20 @Callumcafc, 23 @Chef_addick , 26 @Chizz , 30 @Lewis Coaches
    May
    3 @Addictedoldgit , 4 @ecclesaddick, 6 @StigThundercock , 8 @Henry Irving , 15 @NapaAddick, 20 @Mike , 21 @Bangkokaddick , 23 @Addick Addict , 25 @Redvaliant , 26 @Pedro45 , 27 @Holdkneebomb , 28 @Webbja77 , 31 @Nug
    June
    1 @clb74 , 2 @ashley , 5 @adrian , 6 @meldrew66 , 8 @Hastingsaddick , 12 @Rudders22 , 15 @stonemuse , 16 @PopIcon , 18 @MrOneLung , 23 @Ultimatum , 24 @paulbaconsarnie , 28 @SWEnglandAddick , 30 @No.1 in South London
    July
    1 @_MrDick , 4 @CHG , 13 @SoundAsa£ , 15 @cfgs ,
    +
    19/10/18 @Arsenetatters
    14/11/18 @Stig
    04/01/19 @ShootersHillGuru
    11/12/20 @Bedsaddick
  • No owner can be as bad as Duchatelet.

The ones before him were probably worse !
  • edited January 2018
    Valley11 said:

No one said it’s not a gamble worth taking or that RD was that bad. The point was made that no owner could be as bad as RD.
    I disagree with that and the O’s and Blackpool owners would suggest I’m right.

Depends how you interpret 'no owner' I'd take that to mean no new owner of us because I wouldn't think for one minute the Oystons or the Orient destroyer would now want to get involved with us or come to that would be allowed to. Anything else is purely hypothetical.
  • Valley11 said:

Well we would be fuckin unlucky if we found worse.
    I'm prepared to take a chance
    We will be f@cking unlucky at least once the elf will be back
  • seth plum said:

The buyers arrived from Australia
    And sorted the paraphenalia
    The scarves black and white
    Were stored out of sight
    As we put on our Charlton regalia.

Really like this one, very good.
  • Scoham said:

N01R4M said:

My judgement is reserved until such time as I know the detail. Should it transpire that Duchatelet retains ownership of The Valley, CAFC will remain cast in shadow. If he sells both club and ground, I forecast a double rainbow. Let's hope that long spells of warm sunshine follow.

Let's hope that rainbow also brings a pot of gold.
    RAINBOW

https://youtu.be/CgbcQIT7BMc
    Has this been dubbed over??? Surely that can’t have gone out like that????
  • Sponsored links:

• Redrobo said:

Sooooo, he sells anything of value tomorrow with no time to reinvest then sells in February?

only if JD Holmes isn't in their 4-ball, otherwise it could be 6 hrs plus.

(for those not in the know, checkout the rumpus that followed sunday;s final hole during the final round of the Farmers Insurance)
  • cabbles said:

Scoham said:

N01R4M said:

My judgement is reserved until such time as I know the detail. Should it transpire that Duchatelet retains ownership of The Valley, CAFC will remain cast in shadow. If he sells both club and ground, I forecast a double rainbow. Let's hope that long spells of warm sunshine follow.

RAINBOW

That is real - apparently it was made for a laugh as they had some spare studio time. It was never meant for transmission!
    I mean I remember watching that show as a kid, so wouldn’t have had the foggiest had I been watching it innocently back then and seeing that episode

Very bizarre :smiley:
  • Sage said:

seth plum said:

The buyers arrived from Australia
    And sorted the paraphenalia
    The scarves black and white
    Were stored out of sight
    As we put on our Charlton regalia.

Really like this one, very good.
    Reads well. Good meter.
  • cabbles said:

Scoham said:

N01R4M said:

RAINBOW

That is real - apparently it was made for a laugh as they had some spare studio time. It was never meant for transmission!
    It was meant for the 'Christmas Tape', a TV institution of variable quality.
  • I’m waiting to hear @DOUCHER ‘s take on it.

He told you back in September and hasn't deviated from that since.
    Was it you or Airman that said it was imminent in September? and which one said you can't believe a word RM says?
  • I’m waiting to hear @DOUCHER ‘s take on it.

Pretty sure he predicted it quite some time back but he couldn't give details so had to use code, can't remember the exact message but along the lines of. DD has not taken place (code for DD has taken place)

I'm reliably informed that there is nothing happening and its been a non story from the start. Felt it the honorable thing to do to put you all out of suspense. (Code for This will be happening in February, uncle dickie told me)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!