Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited January 2018
    https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-takeover-deal-on-course-for-february-completion/

"Richard Murray has told some of Charlton Athletic’s staff that the club could be in new hands by the end of February.

The Addicks have been up for sale for some time with owner Roland Duchatelet publicly confirming at the end of last year that he was in talks with interested buyers.

Murray took the opportunity to address staff at the club’s Sparrows Lane training ground earlier this week when an IT workshop was being conducted.

The Charlton director – and former chairman during their Premier League heyday – did point out that timescales could shift.

Murray met with Charlton Athletic Supporters’ Trust recently and revealed a number of consortia had carried out due diligence.

"Could be"

"Timescales could shift"

"Could be"

"Timescales could shift"

"Could be"

"Timescales could shift"

"Could be"

"Timescales could shift"
  • https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-takeover-deal-on-course-for-february-completion/

"Richard Murray has told some of Charlton Athletic’s staff that the club could be in new hands by the end of February.

The Addicks have been up for sale for some time with owner Roland Duchatelet publicly confirming at the end of last year that he was in talks with interested buyers.

Murray took the opportunity to address staff at the club’s Sparrows Lane training ground earlier this week when an IT workshop was being conducted.

The Charlton director – and former chairman during their Premier League heyday – did point out that timescales could shift.

Murray met with Charlton Athletic Supporters’ Trust recently and revealed a number of consortia had carried out due diligence.

"Could be"

"Timescales could shift"

"Could be"

"Timescales could shift"

"Could be"

"Timescales could shift"

"Could be"

"Timescales could shift"

So he was just chatting with staff and they discussed the sale. Nothing new and the wait goes on.
  • WSS said:

I put the word imminent in the title and I really don't give a shit.

Worthy of a Promote. ;)
  • edited January 2018

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-takeover-deal-on-course-for-february-completion/

"Could be"

"Timescales could shift"

"Could be"

"Timescales could shift"

"Could be"

"Timescales could shift"

"Could be"

"Timescales could shift"

So you're saying the club will definitely be in new hands by the 23rd February.

• RedChaser said:

Valley11 said:

RedChaser said:

Valley11 said:

No one said it’s not a gamble worth taking or that RD was that bad. The point was made that no owner could be as bad as RD.
    I disagree with that and the O’s and Blackpool owners would suggest I’m right.

Depends how you interpret 'no owner' I'd take that to mean no new owner of us because I wouldn't think for one minute the Oystons or the Orient destroyer would now want to get involved with us or come to that would be allowed to. Anything else is purely hypothetical.

Eh? Sorry that doesn’t make sense. The original statement was:
    No owner can be as bad as RD.

Taking your interpretation: Do you really think no new owner can be as bad? That history shows only the two you mention -Becchetti and the Oystons - are as bad as RD?
    If you do then you’ve chosen to ignore Cellino (Leeds), SISU Capital (Coventry), Chanrai (Portsmouth), the Venkys (Blackburn) I could go on....
    Look, the new lot will hopefully be brilliant and we’ll march to the Premier League and Champions League titles within five years.
    But for now you can’t say they won’t be as bad as (or, god forbid, worse than) RD. We simply don’t know.
    Calm down, calm down I haven't chosen to ignore anything but neither am I going to base the future on the handful of zealots (I was merely referring back to your examples of the Oystens and Orient) that have ruined football clubs in the past. Especially compared to the hundreds of owners whose intentions have been honourable and I did say anything else is hypothetical ie we don't know. I'll deal with with any negativities from a new ownership as and when but for now I'm not going to let anyone piss on my Moët.
    Oh dear.....I'm perfectly calm.
    But one more time, just for the record and to get this back on point - my comments were about a post that stated 'no owner can be as bad as RD'. Historically owners have been and there's no guarantee the new lot will be better. That does not mean I think Roland has been good, decent, average. He's been disastrous.
    I'm not a Roland apologist. I despise the man for everything he's done to our club.
    Can we give this a rest now?
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:

Valley11 said:

RedChaser said:

Valley11 said:

No one said it’s not a gamble worth taking or that RD was that bad. The point was made that no owner could be as bad as RD.

Depends how you interpret 'no owner' I'd take that to mean no new owner of us because I wouldn't think for one minute the Oystons or the Orient destroyer would now want to get involved with us or come to that would be allowed to. Anything else is purely hypothetical.

Taking your interpretation: Do you really think no new owner can be as bad? That history shows only the two you mention -Becchetti and the Oystons - are as bad as RD?
    If you do then you’ve chosen to ignore Cellino (Leeds), SISU Capital (Coventry), Chanrai (Portsmouth), the Venkys (Blackburn) I could go on....
    Look, the new lot will hopefully be brilliant and we’ll march to the Premier League and Champions League titles within five years.
    But for now you can’t say they won’t be as bad as (or, god forbid, worse than) RD. We simply don’t know.
    It's easy to be swayed by the relatively smooth running of the club (i.e. Robinson's freedom from interference, no network nonsense etc) over the last six months or so. But we were a club for sale once the owner had given up running things his way, so those six months weren't representative of what Roland wanted to do with Charlton.
    So yes, plenty of owners are worse than the 'ownership' over the last six months. Few are worse than what went before.
    What are you on about? I never quantified anything about Roland's reign or said I'd been 'swayed'. I merely pointed out that we cannot say with any certainty that the new lot will be better than RD, in response to someone who'd posted no owner can be as bad as RD. Clearly they could.
  • Macronate said:

"Could be"

"Timescales could shift"

"Could be"

"Timescales could shift"

"Could be"

"Timescales could shift"

"Could be"

"Timescales could shift"

So you're saying the club will definitely be in new hands by the 23rd February.

Maybe : - )
  • Ok 4000 unread posts on here for me, it’s too time consuming to read them all, but still not much is happening?
  • Dannoo_86 said:

RM just wants this thread to hit 2 million views.

And yet it still won't get a promote ; - (
  • Redrobo said:

"Could be"

"Timescales could shift"

"Could be"

"Timescales could shift"

"Could be"

"Timescales could shift"

"Could be"

"Timescales could shift"

So he was just chatting with staff and they discussed the sale. Nothing new and the wait goes on.
    Not really. He addressed staff ahead of the workshop to say he expects the sale to go through by end February, and that a price agreement is close. The staff aren't oblivious, they all know what he had said to Trust and this wasn't just reiterating that.
  • Redhenry said:

cafcwill said:

Redhenry said:

Still three in talks

Who dropped out?
    no idea, I only know the identity of one.
    You will do anything to get inbox messages.
  • Valley11 said:

RedChaser said:

Valley11 said:

RedChaser said:

Valley11 said:

Calm down, calm down I haven't chosen to ignore anything but neither am I going to base the future on the handful of zealots (I was merely referring back to your examples of the Oystens and Orient) that have ruined football clubs in the past. Especially compared to the hundreds of owners whose intentions have been honourable and I did say anything else is hypothetical ie we don't know. I'll deal with with any negativities from a new ownership as and when but for now I'm not going to let anyone piss on my Moët.
    But one more time, just for the record and to get this back on point - my comments were about a post that stated 'no owner can be as bad as RD'. Historically owners have been and there's no guarantee the new lot will be better. That does not mean I think Roland has been good, decent, average. He's been disastrous.
    I'm not a Roland apologist. I despise the man for everything he's done to our club.
    As you asked so nicely of course we can, just try not to be so condescending next time.
  • RedChaser said:

Valley11 said:

RedChaser said:

Valley11 said:

RedChaser said:

Valley11 said:

As you asked so nicely of course we can, just try not to be so condescending next time.
    Haha....ok. Just as long as you learn to read then write a response that's relevant to what I said.
  • Redhenry said:

i have been told it will happen at the end of Feb

The party that you knew about?
  • Sponsored links:

• @Valley11 and @RedChaser don't make me bang your heads together!
  • Ok 4000 unread posts on here for me, it’s too time consuming to read them all, but still not much is happening?

Well a brief summery would be RD wants £50m, however all the buyers only want to pay half of that although there is a German Horse who goes by the name of DD, with a Scottish jockey on his back known as Muir who are interested in us.

There are some Aussies lurking as well who like to recite poetry who maybe prepared to offer a bit more.

Richard Murray let it slip at Sparrows Lane this week that the club is for sale and the paramedics are still on the scene treating those in shock as they knew nothing about it.
  • Valley11 said:

RedChaser said:

Valley11 said:

RedChaser said:

Valley11 said:

RedChaser said:

Valley11 said:

Haha....ok. Just as long as you learn to read then write a response that's relevant to what I said.
    Ah but you made assumptions from what I wrote and drew the wrong conclusions, people in glasshouses :wink:
  • German horse you say, unless it’s a tip from Peanuts Malloy, I’m not buying it!
  • Dazzler21 said:

@Valley11 and @RedChaser don't make me bang your heads together!

It's ok Daz no need to get physical, I'm out :blush:
  • RedChaser said:

Valley11 said:

RedChaser said:

Valley11 said:

RedChaser said:

Valley11 said:

RedChaser said:

Valley11 said:

Ah but you made assumptions from what I wrote and drew the wrong conclusions, people in glasshouses :wink:
    No....no I didn't.
    Check back sugar tits.
  • edited January 2018
    Redhenry said:

i have been told it will happen at the end of Feb

Great stuff Redhenry but could you ask them to just hold on for a bit longer, (say 2 weeks), only i’ve got my eye on that prediction date book :wink:
  • Valley11 said:

RedChaser said:

Valley11 said:

RedChaser said:

Valley11 said:

RedChaser said:

Valley11 said:

RedChaser said:

Valley11 said:

No....no I didn't.
    Check back sugar tits.
    Fine deal with this yourselves.

• RedChaser said:

Valley11 said:

RedChaser said:

Valley11 said:

RedChaser said:

Valley11 said:

RedChaser said:

Valley11 said:

RedChaser said:

Valley11 said:

No....no I didn't.
    Check back sugar tits.
    Haha
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!