Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• When buying a house in Plumstead, I remember the following procedures as explained by my Solicitor;

You exchange contracts (both parties sign the contract) and a completion date was set (in my case it was 28 days into the next month)

On completion the buyer will own(buy) the property.

I suspect that the contracts (by both parties) for the purchase of the club have been signed,

We are now awaiting the completion date, when the new owner will have legally purchased the club.

When Richard Murray spoke to the staff , he must have been confident that the contracts was signed and agreed and he

was awaiting the completion date, to transfer the club to the new owners.

Everybody is jittery , and the suspense is killing me and many of the supporters.

I am happy that the deal has been struck, and we all need to be patient, for the next few weeks

• Have we finally reached the "imminent" stage?

Have you been living on Mars? We reached that stage back in October, we're way past that now miladdio....

No, only the imminent announcement is imminent stage.
  • SDAddick said:

February 18th is my birthday. Here's to hoping we get my 32nd year off to a blinder of a start.

Yay, my birthday too!

I'm a few laps ahead though ...
  • Really hope any new owner is just filthy rich and buys up players like it's no one's business. We deserve that surely.
  • Sponsored links:

• colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

Seems weird that a date can be assured of for a sale if there are a number of interested buyers.

Then again I could also make up stuff on the internet that no one could ever prove wrong.

Hope you're not referring to anyone in particular, as there's enough knicker-twisting going on this thread already.
    I just find it odd people make stuff up just to try and make out they are on the inside.
    The problem is that we don't know for sure who is ITK and who isn't. Experience tells which posters tend to be reliable and the comments from elsewhere should just be taken with a pinch of salt.
    My point still stands though. Undoubtedly there are people who make shit up and it's just baffling.

I guess it's a bit like the modern day fortune teller, say some stuff, be as vague as possible and hope that enough people buy into the shit you are spouting.
    where I stand:

there are a few posters on here that I know personally and if they post something I would trust the information given as I know them and they wouldn't bullshit

there are a few posters on here who I don't know personally but the above do know and so I'm more inclined to trust what they say in the main

the great majority of posters I don't know from Adam and therefore take their posts with a generous pinch of salt although of course what they are posting could be correct

and then there is DOUCHER

I'm an enigma large you're right - uncategorisable - I do not claim to know who the bidders are or when things will happen. I do occasionally correct know it alls when they are wrong and I do sometimes have information to offer before it is in the public domain - from a variety of sources. For the benefit of the board of course - annoying the pedants is also a bit of a laugh but I never post incorrect info to wind people up - humour is the best way to respond to some people - if that comes across as being a WUM so be it.
  • @DOUCHER is alright by me

I've only got enough hate for one Douche!
  • edited January 2018
    We are nowhere near the imminent stage, we have been mired in the 'something's going on' stage for nearly a year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p98PjtSfNWo

• edited January 2018
    So to summarise, there are three interested parties, all DD done, no concrete offers made, but due to finalise at end of Feb?

I can’t wait until this is over as well as the takeover!
  • _nam11 said:

So to summarise, there are three interested parties, all DD done, no concrete offers made, but due to finalise at end of Feb?

I can’t wait until this is over as well as the takeover!

My thoughts exactly. They're will be a double celebration - new owners and the end of this thread.
  • Sponsored links:

• I have to say I still don’t get it.

Three groups still negotiating. No formal bids and yet the information we are getting is that it will be done within four weeks.

"Could be done" but timescales open to change.

Three groups still negotiating. No formal bids and yet the information we are getting is that it will be done within four weeks.

Any formal bids have to be given approval by the FA, the fit and proper persons committee and NLA.

When he knows, we'll know.

;-)

Because the first part isn’t correct.

More than one or less than 2?

More than one or less than 2?
  • so who do we rule out now then from the takeover ITK club - airman sand red henry can't both be right - are either of them right? possibly, both? definitely not

Has a figure been agreed possibly?
  • where's dave smith or even irving to summarise???
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!