Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• masicat said:

I have heard it may not happen today from my contacts. Then again, they have told me it might. I will feed more when I get info.

It might happen, or it might not, that is one top quality contact. ;-)
    I hate telling a joke and nobody laughs.
  • This takeover has been happening "within the next week" since November. Think someones source is not that reliable, as well as until it is officially announced i can't see how people can forecast when this will be concluded.

An entirely false statement. Evidence?
  • This takeover has been happening "within the next week" since November. Think someones source is not that reliable, as well as until it is officially announced i can't see how people can forecast when this will be concluded.

Still a done deal?
  • Is this Takeover thread nearer the gun or the tape, difficult to decide
  • Are we nearly there yet?
  • Training Ground update. U23 training today, few first teamers in that squad, but no first team training, on a Monday very unusual, where are they. ??????
  • perhaps they dont like rain?
  • Sponsored links:

Well this was your VOTV in November.......

• Training Ground update. U23 training today, few first teamers in that squad, but no first team training, on a Monday very unusual, where are they. ??????

Zyro there getting some minutes I hope

All off to Barcelona for a Pardew inspired party!

Yes, and compare that with the official line until December 28th that nothing was happening and the club was not for sale. Which was more accurate? Yet people still want to rely on the official version of events, which has been a joke since 2013 when Slater denied the club was for sale while documents trying to sell it were being hawked around the City.

Were “lawyers working to sell the club” as reported or does anyone seriously think now that wasn’t true?
    The point is that what you’re saying also isn’t true. You’re slating the club for being a joke for saying ‘nothing was happening’ which was not true, but you’ve said a deal was to be announced within the next week back in October then you said done deal, which, again turned out to be nonsense.

So am I right in thinking, by the same standards of you saying the clubs a joke, that you are also a joke?

Yes, and compare that with the official line until December 28th that nothing was happening and the club was not for sale. Which was more accurate? Yet people still want to rely on the official version of events, which has been a joke since 2013 when Slater denied the club was for sale while documents trying to sell it were being hawked around the City.

Were “lawyers working to sell the club” as reported or does anyone seriously think now that wasn’t true?
    The point is that what you’re saying also isn’t true. You’re slating the club for being a joke for saying ‘nothing was happening’ which was not true, but you’ve said a deal was to be announced within the next week back in October then you said done deal, which, again turned out to be nonsense.

So am I right in thinking, by the same standards of you saying the clubs a joke, that you are also a joke?
    I can't remember AB saying in October that it would be announced in the next week and also 'done deal' seems correct in that two parties have agreed deals with RD.

• I'm sure I said this before, way back when this thread was just a nipper. Never underestimate Roland's supernatural ability to f@ck things up!

All off to Barcelona for a Pardew inspired party!
    ......bring your Taxi and the Charlie
  • Sponsored links:

• Once things have been agreed it still takes time for the lawyers to write up all the documents, but I would still constitute this as a 'done deal'. like buying a house. Doesn't happen overnight, plus the 'fit and proper owners test' needs to be done by the football league.
  • It was stated in October that AB had four sources and that the deal would be concluded by the end of the week, it was then stated that on twitter it was a "done deal". As my previous posts suggest there are only a few parties know what is actually happening and anything else but are nothing but rumours and should be treated accordingly.
  • I have a euromillions ticket for tomorrow.
    Not even a rumour or speculation, but a solid FACT.

But you still made the satement that "the takeover will take place at the end of the week" right or wrong ?
  • Missed It said:

I'm sure I said this before, way back when this thread was just a nipper.

I thought I was the only one old enough to remember those halcyon days! Does anyone else remember a time when this thread was nothing but fields and the sun shone everyday?
  • It was stated in October that AB had four sources and that the deal would be concluded by the end of the week, it was then stated that on twitter it was a "done deal". As my previous posts suggest there are only a few parties know what is actually happening and anything else but are nothing but rumours and should be treated accordingly.

No true but even if it was it still wouldn’t amount to saying it was “happening within the next week since November” would it?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!