Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• LoOkOuT said:

Please practice patience on this thread. Remember, this is a diverse community, with members of all abilities and widely differing capabilities to read and write.

I'm torn. Not sure whether to Like or to LOL.
  • Confirmed.

Bickering set to take over Charlton

not sure yet if he is Aussie or Red Bull or could be part of consortium
  • Airman Brown
    October 2017
    I've got four sources on the story. There are no guarantees until they are gone but this is real.

Even 88 people liked it.

Indeed. On the story for which I posted the link above, which has one factual inaccuracy in it concerning the directors’ loans, which I’ve since been told can be rolled over without their consent if there are no leases or other disposals involved.

With hindsight I should have given less weight to the source which said it could “even” happen within the next week, but the four sources were all about the deal in general, only one was about timing, which the story states. The club said “nothing was happening”.
    And as for the tweet "Done Deal? " Should that have been given less weight ?
    The whole story has come out over many months because I’ve trusted my sources. If we’d only listened to the club people would have believed there was no hope of getting rid of Duchatelet right up until December 28th. I haven’t got everything right or had the full picture at any point and nobody never would, but the story has come out via these sources (and others) and one of them here is better placed than anyone talking, including Richard Murray, to know. So we’ll see.
    But you cannot disclose any information during DD or whilst the takeover is taking place,
    Really? Even if no non disclosure agreement hasn't been formulated?
  • Chizz said:

We have actually got people lying about what someone wrote, in order to "prove" that they were lying. It's all gone a bit Jacob Rees-Mogg for my liking.

Chizz said:

We have actually got people lying about what someone wrote, in order to "prove" that they were lying. It's all gone a bit Jacob Rees-Mogg for my liking.

Fake news. Sad.
  • Looks like we've got Robinson as manager until the end of the season.....
  • wonder how long the Club can operate 'properly' without a CEO or COO?
  • Sponsored links:

It ran “properly” easily enough when there was a completely incompetent one, why would this be different?
  • edited February 2018

wonder how long the Club can operate 'properly' without a CEO or COO?

Have done so for 4 years now haven't we? ;)

Damn beaten too it.

We've survived the last few years without a CEO so I'm sure a few extra days/weeks won't hurt....
  • seth plum said:

A deal could be done by Wednesday lunchtime if I win Euro

seth plum said:

A deal could be done by Wednesday lunchtime if I win Euromillions.
    However don't take that as gospel or bet on it, that's what I'm doing.
    I will post an update if it becomes a certainty.

Don’t forget you need to go through the due diligence process.
    I have decided not to bother. I will offer 45 mil to be free and c!ear, and then give 51% of the ownership of the Valley to the supporter's trust.
    seth plum said:

seth plum said:

I have decided not to bother. I will offer 45 mil to be free and c!ear, and then give 51% of the ownership of the Valley to the supporter's trust.
    If I win can you be my acquisitions manager?
  • Airman Brown
    October 2017
    I've got four sources on the story. There are no guarantees until they are gone but this is real.

Even 88 people liked it.

Indeed. On the story for which I posted the link above, which has one factual inaccuracy in it concerning the directors’ loans, which I’ve since been told can be rolled over without their consent if there are no leases or other disposals involved.

With hindsight I should have given less weight to the source which said it could “even” happen within the next week, but the four sources were all about the deal in general, only one was about timing, which the story states. The club said “nothing was happening”.
    The whole story has come out over many months because I’ve trusted my sources. If we’d only listened to the club people would have believed there was no hope of getting rid of Duchatelet right up until December 28th. I haven’t got everything right or had the full picture at any point and nobody never would, but the story has come out via these sources (and others) and one of them here is better placed than anyone talking, including Richard Murray, to know. So we’ll see.
    But you cannot disclose any information during DD or whilst the takeover is taking place, what would concern me if i was buying the club is that information is being leaked and secondly is being placed on a forum, surely there is a potential for the deal to collapse by putting the information in the public domain.
    What are you on about? It's all be thoroughly entertaining, and it's helping me compile a couple of lists.

I'm grateful for any inside info , and it's not as if any of us is rushing down the bookies to place a bet on 'this week' or 'next week' is it.
    Enjoy the ride @WhenIwasLittleBoy , unless you're unhappy about the destination?
  • JamesSeed said:

Airman Brown
    October 2017

Even 88 people liked it.

But you cannot disclose any information during DD or whilst the takeover is taking place, what would concern me if i was buying the club is that information is being leaked and secondly is being placed on a forum, surely there is a potential for the deal to collapse by putting the information in the public domain.
    What are you on about? It's all be thoroughly entertaining, and it's helping me compile a couple of lists.

I'm grateful for any inside info , and it's not as if any of us is rushing down the bookies to place a bet on 'this week' or 'next week' is it.
    Enjoy the ride @WhenIwasLittleBoy , unless you're unhappy about the destination?
    James I think this is all getting a bit fraught, I think it may the right moment for you to choose a poem.
  • FFS. Been in meetings all morning. Logged on over 100 messages and all it amounts to is bickering.
    Get a life!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm....meetings...... doesn't sound like a great life to me :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:

HarryLime said:

JamesSeed said:

Airman Brown
    October 2017

Even 88 people liked it.

James I think this is all getting a bit fraught, I think it may the right moment for you to choose a poem.
    When I was a little boy
    I asked my mummy, what will I be
    Will I like Airman, or maybe Katrien
    Here's what she said to me....
    You got the song wrong then, ten out of ten for effort old boy.
  • iainment said:

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

seth plum said:

If I win can you be my acquisitions manager?
    Of course. But only on a voluntary basis.
  • edited February 2018

JamesSeed said:

HarryLime said:

JamesSeed said:

Airman Brown
    October 2017

Even 88 people liked it.

When I was a little boy
    I asked my mummy, what will I be
    Will I like Airman, or maybe Katrien
    Here's what she said to me....
    You got the song wrong then, ten out of ten for effort old boy.
    It'll do for me. Que sera sera.
  • Airman Brown
    October 2017

Even 88 people liked it.

Maybe that wouldn't have been such a bad thing?
    Peoples appetite for protesting and generally getting on Roland's nerves have cooled somewhat because you have said many times he was on the brink.
    I know you want people to think their actions are getting somewhere but think you've over done it quite a bit on the timescale for such an outcome.
    Tbh I don't think anyone really cares what the club's slant is on proceedings. They've been lying to our faces since they turned up. I really don't get your infatuation with pushing the line that they were not telling the truth.
    We are now in a very strange position as a body of supporters. Unity appears to have gone out of the window.

• If we're picking people up on getting song's wrong then it's actually

"When I was a little bitty boy
    My grandmother bought me a cute little toy"
  • If we're picking people up on getting song's wrong then it's actually

"When I was a little bitty boy
    My grandmother bought me a cute little toy"

JS was doing a Doris Day (DD clue) though, rather than Chuck ding a linging.
  • In @Redhenry we trust !!

Redhenry said:

Haven't heard anything for a couple of weeks, was told the end of the month so will treat that as the earliest date it will get done, if at all.

Hold on. Thought only a couple of days ago you said the big money men were still in the mix?

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!