Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• It’s happening!
  • ...And we are going to play in red!
  • ...Hurrah!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2018

Here’s some proper gossip for you - a pic from the directors’ box last Tuesday. I have no idea who the guy in the big scarf is or whether he is significant. But I’m guessing he just got a new scarf.

I know that guy. He runs the British arm of Red Bull.

Probably.
  • In @Redhenry we trust !!

Redhenry said:

Haven't heard anything for a couple of weeks, was told the end of the month so will treat that as the earliest date it will get done, if at all.

Hold on. Thought only a couple of days ago you said the big money men were still in the mix?

They are, i don't remember saying they weren't :/
  • addick100 said:

Here’s some proper gossip for you - a pic from the directors’ box last Tuesday. I have no idea who the guy in the big scarf is or whether he is significant. But I’m guessing he just got a new scarf.

I think the guy on the left of scarf guy is a Mr Momofuku Ando. He is one of the inventors of the Pot Noodle. Resemblance is uncanny

https://www.google.co.uk/search?ei=ePGKWuGpBsfKwQL1v7bgCQ&q=Momofuku+Ando&oq=Momofuku+Ando&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0i46i67k1j46i67k1l2j0l9.1349.1349.0.1476.1.1.0.0.0.0.73.73.1.1.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.1.73....0.PN3d68cB_Tk

Says he is dead now but thats probably fake news
    Is Momofuku Taiwanese for Mother Fucker? must have had a tough time at school...
  • Here’s some proper gossip for you - a pic from the directors’ box last Tuesday. I have no idea who the guy in the big scarf is or whether he is significant. But I’m guessing he just got a new scarf.

George R R Martin (behind scarfy) is sat with Barbara Windsor.

• Can anyone identify the geezers in the pict?
  • Here’s some proper gossip for you - a pic from the directors’ box last Tuesday. I have no idea who the guy in the big scarf is or whether he is significant. But I’m guessing he just got a new scarf.

So if we could only find out who ordered the 1000s of red and white scarves we'd know who was buying the club.

Surely someone must know who it was? Who's ITK on Scarfgate?
    Patokh Chodiev.
  • Is Carson Yeung out of prison yet ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carson_Yeung

That’s exactly who sprung to mind. Hope it’s just my subconscious racism and the fact the pic has been taken over hundreds of yards.
  • Sponsored links:

George R R Martin (behind scarfy) is sat with Barbara Windsor.

That's Duncan " Chase me" Norvelle checking his phone on the back row.
  • Is that Ken Bates on the top row.
  • IT_Andy said:

Is that Ken Bates on the top row.

More like Master Bates.

• JamesSeed said:

If we're picking people up on getting song's wrong then it's actually

"When I was a little bitty boy
    My grandmother bought me a cute little toy"

Are you calling me a dingaling now!? Outrageous.... admin!
    They won't help you, all useless.

I was pointing out that it was WhenIwaslittleboy that got the lyrics wrong.

As the Spanish translation of WIOTOS goes,

Que Sera Sera
    whatever will be, will be
    The takeover will be done by 3.00*
    Que Sera Sera

*not to be taken as literal prediction.
    Think you will find it was James Seed that got the lyrics wrong, however in true Irving fashion will come back with something.
    it's

"When I was a little bitty boy"

not "When I was little boy"

Hence why James Seed confused your name with "When I was just a girl" which is the first line from another song, the one he adapted.

Happy now?
    Great banter.
  • The guy sitting to the right of scarf man is Mark Rylance out of Bridge of Spies.

Joe Wilkinson in the front row
  • edited February 2018
    It’s that Red Bull bloke innit?
  • Addickted said:

So if we could only find out who ordered the 1000s of red and white scarves we'd know who was buying the club.

Surely someone must know who it was? Who's ITK on Scarfgate?
    Patokh Chodiev.
    Not another billionaire Belgian!

• JamesSeed said:

If we're picking people up on getting song's wrong then it's actually

"When I was a little bitty boy
    My grandmother bought me a cute little toy"

Are you calling me a dingaling now!? Outrageous.... admin!
    They won't help you, all useless.

I was pointing out that it was WhenIwaslittleboy that got the lyrics wrong.

As the Spanish translation of WIOTOS goes,

Que Sera Sera
    whatever will be, will be
    The takeover will be done by 3.00*
    Que Sera Sera

*not to be taken as literal prediction.
    Think you will find it was James Seed that got the lyrics wrong, however in true Irving fashion will come back with something.
    it's

"When I was a little bitty boy"

not "When I was little boy"

Hence why James Seed confused your name with "When I was just a girl" which is the first line from another song, the one he adapted.

Happy now?
    Made me laugh out loud that mate I
  • Laddick01 said:

Looks very Middle Eastern

And the Takeover merry-go-round starts again

Looks more Asian than Middle Eastern if you ask me. Thai perhaps?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!