Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2018

page 501

Are you hinting at a Levi Strauss takeover?
    He’s going retro pre-1971 and giving RD the big E
  • Options
    Don't forget to have a full English tomorrow morning.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Is tomorrows announcement imminent in a CL sense or imminent as in "actually happening very soon"?
  • Options
    I think the word imminent has taken on an entirely new meaning
  • Options

Is tomorrows announcement imminent in a CL sense or imminent as in "actually happening very soon"?

It’s probably more along the lines of a CL ITK correction to cover up a wrongly named buyer as in ‘it was ‘im I meant...
  • Options

page 501

I have a pair of original Levi Strauss size 32.

I am now wearing size 38.

That's proper inflation for you
    They the original shrink to fat ones ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

page 501

I can remember sitting in a bath of cold water trying to make them shrink often with bleach added to make them fade.

No wonder I never had a girlfriend back then, they must of thought I used bleach as an aftershave, Domestos for men!
    Jeans or bollox
  • Options

Rumour that the big announcement being held back for the Bromley meeting on Thursday night.

Be there or miss out

Postponed due to lack of under-floor heating.
    Airman we need you to concentrate on giving us the serious news not being the joker :wink:
  • Options

page 501

I can remember sitting in a bath of cold water trying to make them shrink often with bleach added to make them fade.

No wonder I never had a girlfriend back then, they must of thought I used bleach as an aftershave, Domestos for men!
    Jeans or bollox
    Bollox of course.
  • Options
    Is this the longest thread of all time. We've read the first 500 pages.

Anyone like to hazard a guess before ......

I'll go 575
  • Options
    Didn’t know where else to put this but on SSN now, Clark Robertson has just equalised in the 91st minute for Blackpoll against us (Charlton).

Did anyone know there was a game tonight, which apparently started at about 6pm?
  • Options

Rumour that the big announcement being held back for the Bromley meeting on Thursday night.

Be there or miss out

Problem is, if your there, you must agree not to tell anyone outside of the meeting what the announcement is, it's a secret
  • Options
    cafckev said:

Be there or miss out

Problem is, if your there, you must agree not to tell anyone outside of the meeting what the announcement is, it's a secret
    Not a problem if you're there
  • Options
    From a comment on here and other sites I’d have to have a guess at either British or European owners. I’m guessing more will be revealed tomorrow.
  • Options

Be there or miss out

Postponed due to lack of under-floor heating.
    Airman we need you to concentrate on giving us the serious news not being the joker :wink:
    If you can't beat em ....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

From a comment on here and other sites I’d have to have a guess at either British or European owners. I’m guessing more will be revealed tomorrow.

Expect nothing and you won’t be disappointed
  • Options

Your continual hope in the face of a long history continual frustration is indeed impressive.
  • Options
    I think the reality is it is in nobodies best interest for Roland not to sell the club, whether it happens tomorrow or a few months time the takeover will happen.
  • Options
    cafckev said:

Be there or miss out

Has Bromley relocated to East Kent?
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    I’ve seen hope… hope that you’ve seen. But you have no right to call me mad. You have a right to kill me. You have a right to do that… but you have no right to judge me. It’s impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what hope means. Hope. Hope has a face… and you must make a friend of hope. Hope and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared. They are truly enemies. I remember when I was with Special Forces. Seems a thousand centuries ago. We went into a camp to inoculate the children. We left the camp after we had inoculated the children for Polio, and this old man came running after us and he was crying. He couldn’t see. We went back there and they had come and hacked off every inoculated arm. There they were in a pile. A pile of little arms. And I remember… I… I… I cried. I wept like some grandmother. I wanted to tear my teeth out. I didn’t know what I wanted to do. And I want to remember it. I never want to forget it. I never want to forget. And then I realized… like I was shot… like I was shot with a diamond… a diamond bullet right through my forehead. And I thought: My God… the genius of that. The genius. The will to do that. Perfect, genuine, complete, crystalline, pure. And then I realized they were stronger than we. Because they could stand that these were not monsters. These were men… trained cadres. These men who fought with their hearts, who had families, who had children, who were filled with love… but they had the strength… the strength… to do that. If I had ten divisions of those men our troubles here would be over very quickly. You have to have men who are moral… and at the same time who are able to utilize their primordial instincts to kill without feeling… without passion… without hope… without hope. Because it’s hope that defeats us.”
  • Options
    He'll never leave, you know it and so do I...
  • Options

I’ve seen hope… hope that you’ve seen. But you have no right to call me mad. You have a right to kill me. You have a right to do that… but you have no right to judge me. It’s impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what hope means. Hope. Hope has a face… and you must make a friend of hope. Hope and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared. They are truly enemies. I remember when I was with Special Forces. Seems a thousand centuries ago. We went into a camp to inoculate the children. We left the camp after we had inoculated the children for Polio, and this old man came running after us and he was crying. He couldn’t see. We went back there and they had come and hacked off every inoculated arm. There they were in a pile. A pile of little arms. And I remember… I… I… I cried. I wept like some grandmother. I wanted to tear my teeth out. I didn’t know what I wanted to do. And I want to remember it. I never want to forget it. I never want to forget. And then I realized… like I was shot… like I was shot with a diamond… a diamond bullet right through my forehead. And I thought: My God… the genius of that. The genius. The will to do that. Perfect, genuine, complete, crystalline, pure. And then I realized they were stronger than we. Because they could stand that these were not monsters. These were men… trained cadres. These men who fought with their hearts, who had families, who had children, who were filled with love… but they had the strength… the strength… to do that. If I had ten divisions of those men our troubles here would be over very quickly. You have to have men who are moral… and at the same time who are able to utilize their primordial instincts to kill without feeling… without passion… without hope… without hope. Because it’s hope that defeats us.”

Strangely moving. How does it relate to this thread? Is it all about hope or do you want to kill Roland.

How did KiwiValley come about by the way?

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!