Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Uboat said:

Only a month away from this thread being open for a whole year....

So the original poster has turned out to be so misleading that they should probably be banned.
    Probably! Asking for a promote as well. Damm cheek of the chap. Relegate not Promote I say.
  • Options
    I suppose that we can only console ourselves with the fact that he, like all of us, will eventually die.

Until then forget about the takeover - 'though winter's advancing, we'll stay young go dancing'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uBGqqsQmyc
  • Options

I

I’ve seen hope… hope that you’ve seen. But you have no right to call me mad. You have a right to kill me. You have a right to do that… but you have no right to judge me. It’s impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what hope means. Hope. Hope has a face… and you must make a friend of hope. Hope and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared. They are truly enemies. I remember when I was with Special Forces. Seems a thousand centuries ago. We went into a camp to inoculate the children. We left the camp after we had inoculated the children for Polio, and this old man came running after us and he was crying. He couldn’t see. We went back there and they had come and hacked off every inoculated arm. There they were in a pile. A pile of little arms. And I remember… I… I… I cried. I wept like some grandmother. I wanted to tear my teeth out. I didn’t know what I wanted to do. And I want to remember it. I never want to forget it. I never want to forget. And then I realized… like I was shot… like I was shot with a diamond… a diamond bullet right through my forehead. And I thought: My God… the genius of that. The genius. The will to do that. Perfect, genuine, complete, crystalline, pure. And then I realized they were stronger than we. Because they could stand that these were not monsters. These were men… trained cadres. These men who fought with their hearts, who had families, who had children, who were filled with love… but they had the strength… the strength… to do that. If I had ten divisions of those men our troubles here would be over very quickly. You have to have men who are moral… and at the same time who are able to utilize their primordial instincts to kill without feeling… without passion… without hope… without hope. Because it’s hope that defeats us.”

Strangely moving. How does it relate to this thread? Is it all about hope or do you want to kill Roland.

How did KiwiValley come about by the way?

I was butchering Colonel Kurtz's monologue in Apocolypse Now. It seemed an apt summary of where I and all followers of this thread had got to in regards to our mental health. The thread title's editor comment of "descent into madness" awoke me to the similarity.

Re KiwiValley - I am a Kiwi (NZer) who had the misfortune of living in Greenwich at a time when Charlton were flying high in the Premiership. I made the biggest mistake of my life in deciding to support Charlton and i have stuck with them through thin and thin ever since.
    Mostly thin!
  • Options
    Fascinating stuff.

The thread starter seems to have edited his 11 month old opening post yesterday. Has anyone saved his wise words from this opening post or is this similar to a Meire internet cleaning up exercise? Probably all part of his exit plan.

So Henry or Roland to depart first?
  • Options
    It's a long goodbye but it's still a goodbye.
  • Options
    What time is RM expected to deliver his “update” today or is it just a case of WIOTOS?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So another announcement appears over the snowy horizon, I am preparing for nothing exciting to happen to avoid disappointment.
  • Options
    Takeover announcement cancelled due to adverse weather conditions. Maybe Murray meant February 2019?
  • Options

Takeover announcement cancelled due to adverse weather conditions. Maybe Murray meant February 2019?

That’s the ticket, Hastings pier here I come! :neutral:
  • Options
    Why make an announcement to say you are going to make an announcement unless the timeline is important?

I am expecting RM to provide some specifics today.
  • Options
    Can’t believe he actually cancelled. He could of still wrote a paragraph or two explaining what going on. Oh well bit of snow effects your hands now. Ps Richard close the door on the way out when Roland sells and take bully boy Tony with you.
  • Options
    Wasn't it just an update rather than an announcement? Was just expecting a 'we hoped to have this completed in Februaury but talks are continuing and we will provide further updates when there is more to say' !
  • Options
    IanJRO said:

Wasn't it just an update rather than an announcement? Was just expecting a 'we hoped to have this completed in Februaury but talks are continuing and we will provide further updates when there is more to say' !

Yes but some people going hyper.

Keep Calm and Read the OS
  • Options

Can’t believe he actually cancelled. He could of still wrote a paragraph or two explaining what going on. Oh well bit of snow effects your hands now. Ps Richard close the door on the way out when Roland sells and take bully boy Tony with you.

Who said hes cancelled?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2018

Who said hes cancelled?
    Someone on Facebook. I try out now. Vic O’Connor in se7 valiant
  • Options

Who said hes cancelled?
    Someone on Facebook. I try out now. Vic O’Connor in se7 valiant
    a closed group. Top work..

:neutral:
  • Options
    Is it cancelled or not? Jesus wept
  • Options
    Clubs on a wind up, fuckin control freaks
  • Options
    Clearly a joke
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Well Henry was promising us it would be announced at Bromley Addicks. They have just cancelled their meeting due to snow. I blame Bromley Addicks and am preparing the pitch forks.
  • Options
    I thought that jokes are meant to be funny like mine always are
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!