Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    And thanks @jamesseed for delivering such important information without breaking confidences
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

And thanks @jamesseed for delivering such important information without breaking confidences

Agree, but @JamesSeed can you let us know the soup recipe
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

James can you elaborate on this bit

They’re hoping, subject to approval from a couple of investors

i will ask again in case jim missed it first time

this is the most important part of your post can you expand
    Not really. It’s known that this is a consortium and the Andrew Muir isn’t the only money behind the bid.
    The deal is almost done, but still needs signing off by a couple of the investors. I didn’t get the impression that that is likely to be an issue, but who knows. They clearly believe they’ll own the club within a short space of time, possibly even next week.
    I’ll ask for more info when I get the chance.
    That is a big difference to a deal being done and with EFL
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

HarryLime said:

JamesSeed said:

Morning folks. I survived the dinner party, although Mrs D wasn't too pleased with my late arrival. She had to delay our guests, but I just about got the food ready thirty minutes later than planned. I was also a bit knackered after cycling 106kms as training for the Prostate Cancer UK ride on first of June.
    So I'm about to sit down and write up my recollections of what was said last night (at the meeting, rather than at the dinner party).

I'm interested in the dinner party menu so if you can include that as well, I'm sick to death of all the pot noodle and pizza chat and want to hear about something a bit more sophisticated.
    No pot noodles on this occasion, although we do like to keep a pot handy for emergencies.

I made sweet potato and chorizo soup the day before (just as well), and the main course featured a Waitrose cheat: Whole boned chicken with a sunblush tomato marinade. Served that with roast potatoes, baby carrots and French beans. Nothing very fancy I'm afraid.
    While I was speaking with someone who's cousin met someone connected to the consortium, my wife was busy making raspberry fool and a very nice blueberry cheesecake type thing. Luckily enough some friends found five bottles of Pol Roget in their basement while having a clearout.
    During the dinner I got into trouble when I was caught looking at my phone.
    I've worked hard today to make up for being late. I've now been allowed out of the doghouse.

We've got some raspberry fool left if anyone wants to try some?
    Admit it, it's Angel Delight...
    Angel Delight isn't what it used to be. Or is it our taste, rather than the taste of the Angel Delight, that has changed?

@SheffieldRed The soup recipe is courtesy of Jamie Oliver. It's easy to make, and always goes down well with guests.
  • Options
    Admin - may we have an edit to the thread title now please?

"Duchatelet's sale of Charlton - (Pg 767 - @JamesSeed's revelations ... dinner party menu and wine list)"

Cheers.
  • Options
    JS thanks for posting, you certainly know how to wet our taste buds with mention of a raspberry fool!
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    What’s that in pounds @GlassHalfFull
  • Options

What’s that in pounds @GlassHalfFull

As of today an Australian $ is worth a shade under 56p
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Indeed - so about £560 per tram. The famous W-class trams from the 1920s are already scattered worldwide, many still operating in regular service, so why not one in SE7, in the days of the London tram the centre of the LT system?
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Buy a... a tram?
  • Options
    I have to agree with James, Angel Delight is nowhere near as good as it used to be.

Thanks James for all the info, all very positive, fingers crossed.
  • Options

Great news James and a great relief . I , we, were all very anxious about how you were going to manage the cleanup. A dishwasher is a fantastic labour saving device and it’s a credit to you that you've had the foresight to have had one installed. Speaks volumes about the likely success of future dinner parties. I for one am ending my boycott - I’m free next saturday night .

I have friends who have two dishwashers. Highly recommended apparently.

8pm, Aussie consortium willing.
  • Options

Admin - may we have an edit to the thread title now please?

"Duchatelet's sale of Charlton - (Pg 767 - @JamesSeed's revelations ... dinner party menu and wine list)"

Cheers.

Except I think it was page 764
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks for kind remarks. It just fell in to my lap.

This is because I am a descendant of Seed. It was always going to be this way.
  • Options
    The Angel Delight fell into your lap?
  • Options
    This is just getting weird now.
  • Options
    Can I just point out that James seeds revelations are on page 764 and not 767 as it says on the thread title.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!