Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Leaving aside the obvious points about the quality of the outcome, it doesn’t seem the fit and proper persons test took any time at all when it was applied to Duchatelet - and that was over Christmas.

Maybe this time its taking ages because it is a Fund/Syndicate buying the club and disclosure on multiple investors takes longer, multiple Bank references,lawyers etc...
    That's assuming they have finally raised the total amount.
    @Davidsmith

You've much repeated this line about them not having the money or not being able to raise the money or needing to go to the city for money as an issue.

Quite often you have framed these concerns as questions "why if they have the money haven't they.....?"

But I've never been clear as to why you think they don't have the money or what your sources are?

It's perfectly legitimate to ask "Do they have the money?" but you have stated/implied that you are fairly sure that they don't have the money but on what basis?
    Its is based on a few things, one being the fact that it has taken them over a year to get to a position where they can actually agree terms.
    Secondly they have approached many people for funding and thats a fact
    The issue of not approaching Ex Directors about Loans I have always found strange,if they have a multitude of funds then there is no need, but if I was the buyer I would want to at least discuss those loans and what can be done if anything , as if it all goes wrong they get paid before me as the owner.

Thanks for the answer.

I think the taking over a year could be lots of reasons other than just not having funds although I agree it could well be a significant factor.

I have highlighted the part that you say is a fact? Based on what evidence. I know you can't give names and dates but why is it fact?

The last part you seem to be arguing with yourself. If they have a multitude of funds then as you say there is no need so would point to them having more money, not less.
    As others have said, I don't think it matters how much they have with regards to the directors loans.

It's an optional expense, why pay it? Of course the ex-directors would love to be given the money now but why should any new buyer(s) pay them if they don't have to. These loans are repayable at a time when the financial reward of reaching the Prem make them a drop in the ocean
    And if we reached the Premier League, their stated exit plan was to sell up in any case.
    Whose exit plan?
    It was on that Aussie website I believe. I don't think it still is.
    If not I read it somewhere from the Aussies, probably about a year ago, when all the Aussie talk started up.
    I don't think their aim is to reach the Premier League and then quit, at all.
    Why do you say that ? Did your "source" say anything to suggest otherwise or are you just surmising ?
    Well they say their interest is long term, but the five year plan to take us to the Premier League i don't think means 'a five year plan to take us to the Premier League and then sell'. That's not the feeling I got at all. Or perhaps they've done a deal to sell the club back to Roland when in the Prem, which is why the deal's taken so long. (Joking!)
    It would be some achievement to get us to The Premier League in 5 years.
    Indeed. Born optimists these Aussies!
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Leaving aside the obvious points about the quality of the outcome, it doesn’t seem the fit and proper persons test took any time at all when it was applied to Duchatelet - and that was over Christmas.

Maybe this time its taking ages because it is a Fund/Syndicate buying the club and disclosure on multiple investors takes longer, multiple Bank references,lawyers etc...
    That's assuming they have finally raised the total amount.
    @Davidsmith

You've much repeated this line about them not having the money or not being able to raise the money or needing to go to the city for money as an issue.

Quite often you have framed these concerns as questions "why if they have the money haven't they.....?"

But I've never been clear as to why you think they don't have the money or what your sources are?

It's perfectly legitimate to ask "Do they have the money?" but you have stated/implied that you are fairly sure that they don't have the money but on what basis?
    Its is based on a few things, one being the fact that it has taken them over a year to get to a position where they can actually agree terms.
    Secondly they have approached many people for funding and thats a fact
    The issue of not approaching Ex Directors about Loans I have always found strange,if they have a multitude of funds then there is no need, but if I was the buyer I would want to at least discuss those loans and what can be done if anything , as if it all goes wrong they get paid before me as the owner.

Thanks for the answer.

I think the taking over a year could be lots of reasons other than just not having funds although I agree it could well be a significant factor.

I have highlighted the part that you say is a fact? Based on what evidence. I know you can't give names and dates but why is it fact?

The last part you seem to be arguing with yourself. If they have a multitude of funds then as you say there is no need so would point to them having more money, not less.
    As others have said, I don't think it matters how much they have with regards to the directors loans.

It's an optional expense, why pay it? Of course the ex-directors would love to be given the money now but why should any new buyer(s) pay them if they don't have to. These loans are repayable at a time when the financial reward of reaching the Prem make them a drop in the ocean
    And if we reached the Premier League, their stated exit plan was to sell up in any case.
    Whose exit plan?
    It was on that Aussie website I believe. I don't think it still is.
    If not I read it somewhere from the Aussies, probably about a year ago, when all the Aussie talk started up.
    I don't think their aim is to reach the Premier League and then quit, at all.
    Why do you say that ? Did your "source" say anything to suggest otherwise or are you just surmising ?
    Well they say their interest is long term, but the five year plan to take us to the Premier League i don't think means 'a five year plan to take us to the Premier League and then sell'. That's not the feeling I got at all. Or perhaps they've done a deal to sell the club back to Roland when in the Prem, which is why the deal's taken so long. (Joking!)
    It would be some achievement to get us to The Premier League in 5 years.
    Indeed. Born optimists these Aussies!
    Careful : - )
  • Options

It isn't beyond the realms of probability that a team can go up and go up again. 5 years is possible, but there are lots of other teams trying to go up - we have to do things better than them.

And do things better than them without parachute payments.
    It ain't gonna be easy.
  • Options

It isn't beyond the realms of probability that a team can go up and go up again. 5 years is possible, but there are lots of other teams trying to go up - we have to do things better spend more money than them.

• Options
    Maybe they should set themselves easy targets then?
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    ozaddick said:

ozaddick said:

ozaddick said:

I’m biting my lip so feckin hard at ozziedave’s post I’ve swallowed my own head!

Please don't, would love to read your response.
    Sorry Henry, to busy drinking their beer and shagging their women to respond. ;)
    ''too busy''
    Do they actually have schools over there?

Or are you too busy drinking and shagging and being racist to study basic English?

;-)
    Dunno Arthur, got educaytionisled in England ;)
    ooh

Sorry, meant. 'oh'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oops...
  • Options

The Wigan takeover hasn't happened yet either, I don't know whether they've got to the stage of EFL approval?

A £22m takeover of League One champions Wigan Athletic by Chinese investors has been agreed.
    Hong Kong-based International Entertainment Corporation announced on Monday it had paid a £1.5m deposit on the deal.
    Wigan chairman David Sharpe and his family have been majority shareholders since 1995, overseeing the Latics' FA Cup triumph in 2013.
    The deal is subject to Hong Kong Stock Exchange approval and EFL consent.
    No idea whether they're ahead of us in the EFL approval queue or not though! Interesting though that this deal has been announced (whereas ours hasn't) though as the new owners are stock exchange listed, they would have had to disclose the deal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44200422
  • Options
    Feeling optimistic I open this thread and see 79 new posts. Alas it’s just more Aussie bashing.
  • Options
    LOOK:
    When this deal comes to fruition, the Renaissance of CAFC as a football club where the CEO to the tea lady/man are all pulling in the same direction because of the stated ambition of the owners to get this club WiNNING games and emulating the Curbishley/Murray era will be a giant step in the upward direction.

Fair dinkum to the Aussie consortium and
    IF we can't get a new owner bounce from a kangaroo populated island then we truly are a bunch of Drongos.
  • Options
    I don’t buy white onions any more. I am biased against them.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Had a crash on my bike yesterday while training for this prostate cancer ride. A bit of tarpaulin covering a skip flapped in the wind and caught the end of my handle bars, sending over the bars onto the road. I was a bit bruised and had a few scrapes, but still got out today. (Accidentally cycled up Succomb’s Hill, which I don’t recommend.)

This has been a shameless plug for sponsorship, and has nothing to do with the takeover, or the Aussies https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/jimmyduttoncafc

More relevant to the thread though is the fact that tonight I made chicken risotto, but used red onions instead of the more traditional white. Any thoughts?

Get well soon mate
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    If you mean you rode up succomb's hill in Warlingham Jimmy, then you should be wearing a polka-dot shirt because I struggle to get up there in my car !
  • Options

You'll have the society of boring uncoloured Vegetables after you!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My prediction is that it will be done by 6th June......D Day
  • Options

Racist.
  • Options

If you mean you rode up succomb's hill in Warlingham Jimmy, then you should be wearing a polka-dot shirt because I struggle to get up there in my car !

Never again. Nearly came to a standstill several times. I'm not designed for going uphill.
  • Options

Lot of people having a gripe about the EFL, but Given that a number of similar deals have been announced ‘subject to EFL approval’, is there a possibility that it hasn’t even got,to the stage yet?

It is very much in the club and the new people’s interests to get this out there is quick as possible, so if the EFL approval is the ONLY outstanding obstacle, I’m fairly sure this would have been announced.

Boo, pessimist.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    JamesSeed said:

Had a crash on my bike yesterday while training for this prostate cancer ride. A bit of tarpaulin covering a skip flapped in the wind and caught the end of my handle bars, sending over the bars onto the road. I was a bit bruised and had a few scrapes, but still got out today. (Accidentally cycled up Succomb’s Hill, which I don’t recommend.)

This has been a shameless plug for sponsorship, and has nothing to do with the takeover, or the Aussies https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/jimmyduttoncafc

More relevant to the thread though is the fact that tonight I made chicken risotto, but used red onions instead of the more traditional white. Any thoughts?

I hope you’re more careful from now on. Reckless behaviour that you might expect that from a teenager. What were you thinking? Red onions in a risotto! Stick to the tried and tested recipe next time.
  • Options
    After James Seed's recent revelations I am relaxed about things. It can happen this week, next week or the week after - that is all fine.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!