Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• The word "imminent" means about to happen. I would take that as within the next few days/ couple of weeks personally.

Has it been mentioned in any other media i.e. Rich Cawley who is usually spot on with his stuff?

I agree. Perhaps the title of this thread should be changed to “Takeover possibly close” which is a more accurate description imho.
  • This line from Robinson that “someone from the board” called him to refute any rumours.. doesn’t the entire ‘board’ literally consist of Roland and Katrien?

In which case I’m assuming it was Katrien that called him.

Furthermore, is it possible that our CEO would have little to no knowledge of the sale herself?
  • This line from Robinson that “someone from the board” called him to refute any rumours.. doesn’t the entire ‘board’ literally consist of Roland and Katrien?

Furthermore, is it possible that our CEO would have little to no knowledge of the sale herself?

Or said person isn’t particularly ITK hence why he didn’t name names ...

Of course she would know. She is the reason for it.
    Roland gave her a toy to play with but even he knows shes f*cked it up and it's costing him money.
    Her position is untenable even with the better results.
  • Hmmmm, its guessing time.....

4 sources, all unconnected, let me start (chronologically)...

1) Staff member at CAFC
    2) Richard Cawley
    3) Sue Parkes
    4) Keith Harris (being that the last was the most significant)

All total guesses, of course.

Am I warm, AB ?!

You’re forgetting that irritating little chatter box Orvile.....wouldn’t put it past him for a second.
    He’s always had it in for the Robins.

Of course she would know. She is the reason for it.
    Roland gave her a toy to play with but even he knows shes f*cked it up and it's costing him money.
    Her position is untenable even with the better results.
    Except that she is the reason that the Varney meeting never happened. Perhaps Roly has decided this is too important to allow the Incompetent Meire any part in or knowledge of it.
  • The only person who has all the answers still sits in Belgium,he keeps his fingers crossed that his birthday present to himself gets thru DD and he can then party the whole night long.

If we can not trust Airman then all hope is lossed, but when Charlton is sold and it will be, what a party we will have.
  • Sponsored links:

• stonemuse said:

Intriguingly, I got a text message this morning which said "looks like Roland has sold the club"

From?
    Our new CEO, Harold Bishop
    I actually laughed out loud. Enjoy your lol point, friend.
  • Sven Claes, who he?
  • I'm very grateful for the revelation of our imminent takeover, but for my own sake I wish AB had waited another week. The coming days are going to be agony.
  • Stig said:

Sven Claes, who he?

Belgian football journo. Probably getting the standard cloob denials.

• Hmm assume Claus info coming from Belgium so no surprise there.
  • All the talk of Australia....maybe it is actually Austria

Just a thought
  • cafc999 said:

if it happens we just have to send daisy a massive leaving card, from CARD

Good point, she's probably sick of flowers by now.
  • Hopefully more options than the Aussies then...
  • Sponsored links:

• The only person who has all the answers still sits in Belgium,he keeps his fingers crossed that his birthday present to himself gets thru DD and he can then party the whole night long.

If we can not trust Airman then all hope is lossed, but when Charlton is sold and it will be, what a party we will have.

Not a question of trusting Airman; we ALL want the rumours to turn into something more positive, However,we are dealing with hard-nosed businessmen here and NONE of us will know until an official announcement (or hopefully something concrete from Airman) is made. My advice for what it's worth? Chill out and just enjoy the TEAM'S performances on the pitch - as to anything else, there's no point in this pointless speculation.
  • addick05 said:

The only person who has all the answers still sits in Belgium,he keeps his fingers crossed that his birthday present to himself gets thru DD and he can then party the whole night long.

Not a question of trusting Airman; we ALL want the rumours to turn into something more positive, However,we are dealing with hard-nosed businessmen here and NONE of us will know until an official announcement (or hopefully something concrete from Airman) is made. My advice for what it's worth? Chill out and just enjoy the TEAM'S performances on the pitch - as to anything else, there's no point in this pointless speculation.
    Where's the fun in that ?

• “If it happens, it’ll be happening behind my back as I’ve been told no. My job is to make people proud.

“I got a phone call yesterday from somebody from the board, just to say there’s rumours going around.

“Whatever the future holds, for me, for the club, for the fans or the players, that’s for the future. You can never worry about things that are out of your control. I’ve been told categorically that won’t be the case right now. I’ve been told, as you were. Hopefully people will respect my honesty and be as straight as they can with people.

Would seem Robinson felt the need to put it out there, he has been given an assurance from the board, so if contrary to what he has been told happens, everyone is aware he has been lied to.
  • One word of caution, i spoke to my mates at STVV, who have stated that they believe RD is finally getting out of football, but that they are not expecting their takeover to be completed until January at earliest, end of season at latest.
    STVV currently sit 3rd in table, with a potential windfall if they get into Europe.
  • Keith Harris ? Ain't he the guy who shoves his hand up Orvill?
  • edited October 2017

One word of caution, i spoke to my mates at STVV, who have stated that they believe RD is finally getting out of football, but that they are not expecting their takeover to be completed until January at earliest, end of season at latest.
    STVV currently sit 3rd in table, with a potential windfall if they get into Europe.

I wonder if there might be tax implications, because i notice he purchased us on 3rd January- and according to my Belgian colleagues, Tax year is Jan to Dec.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!