Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

sammy391 said:
    I've tried to resist the urge to post on this thread so far but if there really is a due diligence process going on then that means any potential deal if there is one on the table could still go either way. Perhaps now would be a good time to try and fill the ground next week to add a little encouragement to any buyer should they need it. A very busy and rocking Valley could be just what's needed if the deal is in the balance.
    Nice thought ltgtr but I think that’s a bit fanciful.
  • Scoham said:

Surely if they're going through due diligence they've already decided and that would make little to no difference?

Due diligence usually means potential buyers get to see the books - they sometimes don't make good reading and it's where buyers should also find out about any other negative shit that only the owner and manegement knows about and sometimes don't even realise themselves. They might need a little reminder of the potential they are buying into. Obviously at charlton everything is tickety boo so there are worries on that score. Still, might be nice to have a busy and noisy Valley, especially if there is a relatively full away end, and get three points that put us in 3rd place come 5pm next Saturday. Kids for a quid day as well isn't it. A reminder that price promotions work at charlton might be timely for any new owners to see.

sammy391 said:
    I've tried to resist the urge to post on this thread so far but if there really is a due diligence process going on then that means any potential deal if there is one on the table could still go either way. Perhaps now would be a good time to try and fill the ground next week to add a little encouragement to any buyer should they need it. A very busy and rocking Valley could be just what's needed if the deal is in the balance.
    That's the spirit, if there is a potential deal happening we wouldn't want to do anything to encourage any buyers would we

sammy391 said:
    That's the spirit, if there is a potential deal happening we wouldn't want to do anything to encourage any buyers would we
    If they’ve already gone this far they’ll have been to The Valley several times already mate.....they won’t need anymore encouraging.....one way or the other.
    I always want to see a full and buzzing Valley and hope it will be but at this stage it won’t have a bearing on a buy out one way or another.

sammy391 said:
    If they’ve already gone this far they’ll have been to The Valley several times already mate.....they won’t need anymore encouraging.....one way or the other.
    I always want to see a full and buzzing Valley and hope it will be but at this stage it won’t have a bearing on a buy out one way or another.
    If you say so...
  • Sponsored links:

• I can't help noticing the upturn in the running of the club and Katriens 'low profile'. Surely not a coincidence.

my thoughts exactly
  • cafc-west said:

seth plum said:

Maybe this.

Orange bull?
    Ginger Ball
  • Scoham said:

Surely if they're going through due diligence they've already decided and that would make little to no difference?

Due diligence usually means potential buyers get to see the books - they sometimes don't make good reading and it's where buyers should also find out about any other negative shit that only the owner and manegement knows about and sometimes don't even realise themselves. They might need a little reminder of the potential they are buying into. Obviously at charlton everything is tickety boo so there are worries on that score. Still, might be nice to have a busy and noisy Valley, especially if there is a relatively full away end, and get three points that put us in 3rd place come 5pm next Saturday. Kids for a quid day as well isn't it. A reminder that price promotions work at charlton might be timely for any new owners to see.
    Knowing our luck, Roly & Katy would think it was a mass show of support for all their good work. Emotionally, Roly calls off the deal due to the obvious show of love from his Charlton children & vows to stay with us forever, even when he takes us part-time - to Katy's obvious delight - in the Vanarama League!!

:neutral:
  • My financial understanding is limited.
    However when you are thinking of buying a house due diligence is usually the survey.
    If the survey finds you will need to spend 10k on repairs, you then offer 10k less than first suggested.
    Don't you?
  • or pull out Seth
  • seth plum said:

My financial understanding is limited.
    However when you are thinking of buying a house due diligence is usually the survey.
    If the survey finds you will need to spend 10k on repairs, you then offer 10k less than first suggested.
    Don't you?

Yes, it can be just a valuation issue which may be overcome by the seller accepting a lower valuation. But it can also be showstoppers, you might pull out of the house purchase if for example the search identifies it’s 200 yards from a proposed new high speed rail line!
  • ffs let's just sick with Roland
  • Sponsored links:

• ffs let's just sick with Roland

Yep, they have seen the error of their ways and have turned the corner.
  • Chinese.
  • PopIcon said:

Chinese.

Whispers
  • PopIcon said:

Chinese.

Gerrard Street is in Chinatown......
  • edited October 2017
  • PopIcon said:

Chinese.

Gerrard Street is in Chinatown......
    I live on Jerrard Street, which has an Asda on it where you can buy chinese food...

So it looks like it's going to be a joint bid from an Aussie, Red Bull, Walmart and some Chinese guys

*insert "Confirmed" picture here*
  • seth plum said:

My financial understanding is limited.
    Don't you?

But then the buyer might say no.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!