Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• This focus on KM is misplaced. She is obviously a very capable, although inexperienced, woman with many attributes that many businesses would be very happy to have on board. She was only appointed to the role because of some personal/family connection. The one appointment that RD got wrong, again and again, and the one that really scuppered his network model idea of running several football clubs in European leagues by recycling players and managers around, is that of first team head coach. If he had committed to hiring top tier experienced head coaches, from Europe or the UK, with a successful track record who could bring in their own coaching, medical and support staff, I feel sure his experience of owning Charlton would not have turned into such a nightmare. RD is solely to blame for those appointments. If he had appointed a proper football CEO with football experience you could apportion some of the blame to that CEO. The major damage to Charlton over the last 4 years has been the result of shit football manager appointments (jury still out on Robinson) not an inexperienced CEO.

Fortunately, a professional football club is not like other businesses. You can't do a "Ratners" on a football club. Much damage has been done to the 'Charlton' brand over the last 4 years or so but the fact remains they are still a professional football club in the third tier of the English football leagues, two promotions away from the Premiership, owning their own Premiership ready stadium and a Premiership standard training ground, with a hardcore fan base (although admittedly severely reduced), located in a part of London that will benefit from improved transport links and many new homes in the near future.

What a load of rubbish.

If squirrel face had the morals and principles of Mel Baroni she would have f***** off long ago.
    In the greater scheme of things I couldn't give a toss about her morals or principles or what she may or may not have said to upset sponsors and fan forum meetings. The most offensive thing about this regime is the shit and losing football that has been delivered by the incompetent coaches they have employed.
    It's all been a bit offensive really, on and off the pitch.
  • Thanks for the flag effsborgAddict.....takes me up to 114!
  • I don't think she lacks intelligence.

She does lack the confidence to admit what she doesn't know or when she needs help.

She sees any contradiction as a personal attack and so ignores anyone who points out her errors. Hence she never really learns from her mistakes and has only yes men around her.

I think that's the perfect way to sum her up. It's the reasons she has been so incompetent as she simply refuses to learn from her mistakes.

Given her inexperience, she was always going to make them, but she hasn't improved apart from saying nothing, which is a bit ridiculous.
  • Any update at all?
  • Sponsored links:

• Any update at all?

It was all lies, Rick promised, cross his heart hope to die, that it would all DEFINATELY be done by now and it hasn't so that means none of it was true.

Move on.
    @Henry Irving you are now responsible for a spate of self harming across South-East England.
  • new buyer introduced at next home game ..does a lap of honour of keepy uppies and moves us to selhurst 6 months later ..anything more a bonus
  • Addickted said:

Hence she never really learns from her mistakes and has only yes men around her.

Katrien’s right hand man and her undercover fan turncoat.

Paul may.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2017
    Scoham said:

sammy391 said:

He had quite a number of valid reasons for supporting them.....around three million as a matter of fact!

Not really. There is £4.4m owed to six other former directors and they are not represented on the board, while the decisions made under this regime have reduced rather than enhanced the chance of any of them getting their money back.

While I'm sure RM would like his £2.6m back I don't believe for a minute that's his main motivation.
    Forgive me, I've not read the latest VOTV so am slightly confused.

Is this an approach from a third party to Duchatelet, resulting in Duchatelet hiring Keith Harris to advise, or, is it Duchatelet hiring Harris to help him sell the club?
    Harris is tasked with brokering a deal. Enquiries are referred to him.
    Brokering a deal on who’s behalf?
    AFC or duchatelet?
    RD I assume, he's carried out similar roles for other clubs - https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/sunderland-in-takeover-talks-cqgztkwq2
    I wouldn't think it would be RD having a broker, he has explicitly said on a few occasions his hatred of agents and middle men, so I wouldn't expect it to be him.
  • Scoham said:

Acab said:

Forgive me but who is he

The new owner
    How tall is he and what's his exit strategy?
    6'4"

Hand the club over to museum for them to run
  • Scoham said:

Acab said:

Forgive me but who is he

The new owner
    more importantly, what colour are his shoes?
  • Scoham said:

Acab said:

Forgive me but who is he

The new owner
    6'4"

Easily passes the height test then. Could he provide cover for Magennis until January?
  • Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Acab said:

Forgive me but who is he

The new owner
    6'4"

Easily passes the height test then. Could he provide cover for Magennis until January?
    Agree, fancy being his agent?
  • Scoham said:

Acab said:

Forgive me but who is he

The new owner
    more importantly, what colour are his shoes?
    black
  • I’m waiting
  • Acab said:

Forgive me but who is he

Judging by the fleece, i'd wager the gardener
    Is the word fleece (with a full length zip) now, in the modern parlance, the alternative to cardigan?
  • Acab said:

I’m waiting

Acab said:

Forgive me but who is he

The new owner
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!