Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2018
    He just needs to sell up. Who on earth is running the club, complete mess but hey it's a bit cheaper now we have less staff, players, fans.... Apply more duct tape until the next rip appears!
  • Options

Evening Standard reporting that Muir has insisted the takeover is not off.

But is it actually on?
  • Options

Just had an email from tripadvisor telling me they've removed my review.

Mine didn't even make it past admin.
  • Options

There is one point we are not even discussing... who are the other possible owners in discussion and how bad might they be!!!

They only exist in the imagination of Roland and Murray.
  • Options

Just had an email from tripadvisor telling me they've removed my review.

Mine didn't even make it past admin.
    Same, which is a pity as I was very pleased with it.
  • Options
    Muir is mega mega wealthy. He’s all the way here from the other side of the world. He means business. Please someone tell me this is right.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Muir is mega mega wealthy. He’s all the way here from the other side of the world. He means business. Please someone tell me this is right.

It's right and don't forget there's also the cricket :wink:
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

It's right and don't forget there's also the cricket :wink:
    And selling sandpaper - I mean he is a businessman!
  • Options

There is one point we are not even discussing... who are the other possible owners in discussion and how bad might they be!!!

Maybe the hold up is to give time for Judas murray to put together his own consortium ?
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

Calm down everyone - its me u r supposed to b having a go at - for letting u know what's happening!!!! I want this done as much as anyone but nothing anybody does or says is going to make any difference - trust, fan on board, all that bollox - as i think varney once said ' when the team is doing well everything else does well' - fingers crossed it happens.

Fingers crossed ? FFS you said not to panic it will happen ........ I believed you !
  • Options
    As a member of the trust who did ask questions to Richard Murray on behalf of the membership?
  • Options

castrust said:

Trust speak to Richard Murray regarding takeover delay https://www.castrust.org/2018/06/richard-murray-two-parties-still-negotiating/

He claims that there is still a British party involved.

Seems curious to me that absolutely nothing has leaked around this British interest (assuming it's not the Donald Muir one). Unless it's a British group fronting for the Saudis? Something smells dodgy.
    You could have 200 interested parties, but the problem is and always has been / will be that no one will agree to purchase at Rolys unrealistic valuation.
  • Options
    Well somebody has got close to it clearly, and if he wasn't so delusional and mad he would have bitten their hand off!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    vff said:

It comes back to Duchatelet. He is asking far too much for a debt, the size of which is very largely of his own making. This due to some very poor football, player & business decisions relating to Charlton. Not that the miserable fecker will ever acknowledge that.

My concern is that Duchatelet not finding any takers will attempt to get his money back by any means necessary including sale of the Valley, which he will need to empty of supporters by underfunding the team & driving it further down the league.

The second paragraph has been a suspicion for a while now, especially since he got burger boy to look at the Orient development and then the JS Stand rumours. RD would be chasing lost money rather than profiting, which begs another repeated question, why did he buy de clob in the first place?
  • Options

the trust should do a questionnaire on members views on Murray and publish the findings.

Then he could be clear the feelings the fans have for him and for many it’s past repair.

If it's anything like the reaction he got on the pitch before the Shrewsbury home play off leg, then it wouldn't be too clever for him.
  • Options

Anyone able to share the full article?
  • Options
    Re the Fans Forum. I’m on there through City Addicks. I emailed TR about the delayed meeting expressing disappointment especially with all the uncertainty. They delayed at first as it was a ‘busy period’, and then again later so we could ‘meet the new owners’ at the meeting. I assume the former was related to the latter.

As things dragged on I contacted Ian Wallis (Museum rep?) sounding him out some while ago about possibly sending a group email expressing concern about the club in the context of the coming season, etc

More recently I then sent that email to the rest of the FF and quite a few replied in support, however with each ‘false dawn’ it didn’t seem right at those moments to send anything on to the club simply because each time we expected new ownership imminently - I think the most recent moment was when we heard the EFL process had started. And after all there is the Trust and CARD not that the FF shouldn’t also do something or have a view.

I get that people are angry and distressed about this, believe me ‘we’ are too. There is an element though particularly now Roley doesn’t appear to care and wants out, that not much we do will make a jot of difference. Probably groups like CARD and especially ROT being in Belgium will make any impact in this environment.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    razil said:

As things dragged on I contacted Ian Wallis (Museum rep?) sounding him out some while ago about possibly sending a group email expressing concern about the club in the context of the coming season, etc

As you very well know @razil Ian Wallis is the Bromley Addicks rep. The museum does not have a rep on the fans forum and never has. Nor does it wish to have one.
  • Options
    Thanks @micks1950
  • Options
    micks1950 said:

Scoham said:

Anyone able to share the full article?
    Muir still targeting Charlton takeover

Evening Standard - West End Final Extra15 Jun 2018

ANDREW MUIR still expects to complete a takeover of Charlton and a source close to the Australian insists the proposed deal has not collapsed.

Doubts were raised when Charlton confirmed yesterday that Lee Bowyer would continue in his role as caretaker manager.

With takeover talks dragging on, Charlton owner Roland Duchatelet has asked Bowyer to start planning for next season, suggesting he thinks a deal is not imminent.

Muir heads a consortium that has been in talks with Duchatelet for months.

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/evening-standard-west-end-final-extra/20180615/283008285484046
    I believe it WIOTOS
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!