Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Life charity games (22nd May 2007) - The Official "Where I hurts the most" Thread.

edited August 2021 in General Charlton
Thought i'd start it before anyone else! :-)

Seriously- Great day- great fun, serious amount of money raised- thank you so much to all those involved in the hard work of organising it!

Comments

• Options
    What were the scores in the end? And did anyone hit the upper tier? :-)
  • Options
    I can officially confirn that Junk food addicks lost (0.1) due to a dodgy pen and a blind linesman. :-)

(amazing how watching from the technical area clouds the objectivity!)

Didn't meet the official aliwibble donation counter today but there were some long gaps whilst balls were retrieved!

Seriously-First match ended 1.0 (so two goals scored) but honestly can't tell you who won the first match. All the players touched the ball- no girls scored- No penalties were saved, however the crossbars were hit 49 times, mainly from headers. :-)
  • Options
    Dodgy pen!?!?!?!?!

You are having a laugh right?? The keeper stamped on my ankle. If that werent a pen then Marcus Bent is a great striker.
  • Options
    sniper-sniper-sniper.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    [cite]Posted By: StanmoreAddick[/cite]Didn't meet the official aliwibble donation counter today but there were some long gaps whilst balls were retrieved!
    Which also meant the teams could take a much needed breather I presume.
    Seriously-First match ended 1.0 (so two goals scored) but honestly can't tell you who won the first match. All the players touched the ball- no girls scored- No penalties were saved, however the crossbars were hit 49 times, mainly from headers. :-)

And I assume Guinnessaddick didn't manage to score from his own half?
  • Options
    legs are absolutely killing me this morning (and the head isn't to great either)

great night though, good to make a few new friends and put some faces to names

well done AFKA and all others involved.
  • Options
    Yeah calves , back , neck , head , chest , arms , apart from that I'm ok
  • Options
    Just got back home to Cornwall and I've definitely stiffened up. After the ref made me go off in the 1st game after a clash of heads, I realised I'd forgot to do my El Karkouri death roll when I was lying on the ground.

Must have been genuine injury, then........... ;-)
  • Options

Couldn't score from 6 yards.
  • Options
    Everywhere!!!!!!!!

;-)

Mx
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite] Which also meant the teams could take a much needed breather I presume. ?

The funniest one (well in the 2nd match) was AFKA tell one of his teammates to stay down and recieve some treatment so he could have a rest and some water before taking a throw in.
  • Options
    I can walk, just. Not too bad my legs hurts a little and my head is fine. Left the bar at about 11.30.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: StanmoreAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]Which also meant the teams could take a much needed breather I presume. ?

The funniest one (well in the 2nd match) was AFKA tell one of his teammates to stay down and recieve some treatment so he could have a rest and some water before taking a throw in.
    And that was after only 2-3 minutes!!
  • Options
    My knee is in agony and my heads a little sore (though I doubt thats anything to do with onfield activity!)
  • Options
    surprisingly don't ache as much as i thought i would.
    must be my natural athleticism ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: StanmoreAddick[/cite]Didn't meet the official aliwibble donation counter today but there were some long gaps whilst balls were retrieved!
    Which also meant the teams could take a much needed breather I presume.

My "official" count-up was:

Number of CL players - however many were listed on the team sheets as I lost track during subs of who'd been on and off and then on again! Total 55, including 2 females (well done the girls!!).

Goals scored - 2, including one penalty

Shots/clearances into upper North/West, over East stand - none and unlikely even if they'd played all night!

Penalties saved - none

Shots hitting crossbar - not that I noticed but one did hit the post so you could include that as it's all for charity!!

My adding skills make that you owe £66 if you include the £5 for hitting the post.
  • Options
    biggest blister of my life on my left heel, other than that surprisingly good....great day guys, well done all..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]Yeah calves , back , neck , head , chest , arms , apart from that I'm ok

same and two fifty pence sized blisters on my feet that are for want of a better word.. weeping.... yuck
  • Options
    I'm really hobbling from a sprained ankle, but the pain just brings back memories of a fabulous day. Just made it back to Glasgow, and now have to head off to a client meeting - that's bad planning!

Great to meet lots of people from the board - do we all have to be more polite to each other now? Well done the organisers.
  • Options
    I think I've died. Just bowled into work 5 mins ago, head is throbbing and I have no feeling in any other limb.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done, Weegie, - great to meet you & Mr Weegie.

Super Charlton Unathletic's secret tactic.... ;-)

Ohhhhh, Weegie, Weegie.
    Weegie,Weegie,Weegie,
    Weegie Woo!
  • Options
    Great to meet you and Mrs Oggy, too. Hope the sleeper back wan't too bad...

Better dash or I'll be late for this meeting...
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]I think I've died. Just bowled into work 5 mins ago, head is throbbing and I have no feeling in any other limb.....[/quote]

lol.. had a few beers last night mate!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carlingaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]I think I've died. Just bowled into work 5 mins ago, head is throbbing and I have no feeling in any other limb.....

lol.. had a few beers last night mate!!!

I may of had a couple....
  • Options
    I sense the old bitter was going down well, kev was getting a bit jive bunny, your mrs looked like she want to go i can imagine the journey home excellent!!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: carlingaddick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]I think I've died. Just bowled into work 5 mins ago, head is throbbing and I have no feeling in any other limb.....[/quote]

lol.. had a few beers last night mate!!![/quote]

I may of had a couple....[/quote]

...of gallons?
  • Options
    Get over it you lot, Glass, Chopper and me have another game tonight. Last league game.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]I sense the old bitter was going down well, kev was getting a bit jive bunny, your mrs looked like she want to go i can imagine the journey home excellent!!

The journey home was top notch. Whacked on Ketman's CD and raved it up all the way back to the Bourne...
  • Options
    Knackered but happy......
    A bit of a blister from wading around in boots that were far too big but just pleased I can still walk!
    Prob gonna ache more tomorrow but a great day, one that that will stay in the memory.
    Thanks to all for organising it and good to meet up with people on here. ;)
  • Options
    Killersbeard scored the winner in the first match with a nifty lob from outside the box. He then hobbled off injured.

Seriously a fantastic day, well done to AFKA and all involved.

Are we doing it again next year?