Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Life charity games (22nd May 2007) - The Official "Where I hurts the most" Thread.

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite] Are we doing it again next year?

Seriosly hope so!
  • Options
    Anyone a little worried about standing up for lunch after sitting down all morning......

CREAK!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Are we doing it again next year?

Very unlikely.

The level of sponsorship we raised, the prizes and the discount for hire probably wouldn't work on a yearly basis. Reckon we'll have to wait a couple of years for the next one.

We'll have something lined up for next summer though.
  • Options
    I doubt I'll be ready to play again by next year anyway.....
  • Options
    rounders in greenwich park.
  • Options
    Left hamstring buggered and back aches

That's it!! I've retired happy
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DaveStorry[/cite]Left hamstring buggered and back aches

That's it!! I've retired happy

were you the keeper in the 2nd game who ran the length of the pitch to help with the corner then sprinted (?) all the way back!

fair play, bet it felt like a marathon!!!
  • Options
    Aye. That was me.

Think that finished me off........Got up there, got blinded by the sun and then had to drag myself back down the other end.

Did feel like a marathon.
  • Options
    My whole Knee has turned a lovely yellowy Brown, but at least it held out for the whole game.

I have just been down to the valley to collect the DJ equipment (Cheers for the lift Carlsberg), no problems nothing broken & nothing missing so big thank you to everyone on that score.
  • Options
    no worries. your old man seemed very chilled out today. he looked a little bit stressed yesterday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah I think he was just worried of something going wrong when you do something for Family, but happily it did not. So he seems well happy.
  • Options
    I have just returned home after a thoroughly enjoyable day. Good to see faces of fellow posters on this board. Antigallican was Ok until about 6.30AM when the noise kicked in from the Woolwich Road.
    I have a cracking black left eye, grazed knee and severely bruised ribs after my little tumble but otherwise feel fine, I guess the Magners was an excellent anaesthetic as the pain is certainly worse today
  • Options
    they were certainly going down well!!!

what time did you crawl back to the anti?
  • Options
    Got to the Anti about 11.30ish only to realise I had left my bag in the car so went back to the ground, picked it up then had a Jameson's and looked at the picture in The Sun. Hope you got the framed shirt home OK
  • Options
    we followed him out of the car park with his neatly hung up shirts in hand just before half 11!
  • Options
    Yeah those magnier were flying down.

In the spirit of today's posts - I thought you had an excellent game yesterday and you were a delight to drink with in the bar afterwards. Well done and take care.........
  • Options
    Cheers 1905 loved the green goalie shirt! Should have closed down Killers Beard but he did take his shot brilliantly.
  • Options
    Lets say that the shorts and the shirt were "snug".................
  • Options
    Got up this morning and hurt everywhere, age is creeping up on me. I had a fantastic time, well done AFKA.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CanadaAddick[/cite]Got up this morning and hurt everywhere, age is creeping up on me. I had a fantastic time, well done AFKA.

I still don't know how i got your surname wrong. I've only known you about 15 years !!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pain pain pain, that me, pain all over!

But well worth it, fantastic day and evening. All i need now is to find a lead so i can get the pics off of me camera!
  • Options
    The second day is always worse than the first.
  • Options
    Just the hamstrings, it's amazing what a day off can do. Oh yeah and a cast iron penalty btw!!!
  • Options
    I expected the left ankle and knee to hurt as those parts of the anatomy have been knackered for a while. I was even prepared to have the stiff feeling in the thighs and back.

But popping a calf muscle in the right leg was not on the agenda. Couldn't hardly walk the night of the match, christ knows how I manged to drive home and it wasn't much better yesterday.

Today's a little easier, but I still look like I've shit my pants every time I try to walk anywhere.

But do I care?

Do I F**K!
  • Options
    playing again tonight. from the glory of the valley to the mean pitches of catford powerleague, this will be some comedown.
  • Options
    My legs............................ absolutely rubbish.....

Im walking round like Ive goit a pole up my arse .......
  • Options
    I was daft enough to play 5 a side foootball last night for an hour and a half.

If I thought I ached after the BIG match, cripes you should see me now at work - I'm so rigid I can barely move.

I phoned my old mum who had no sympathy for me. She said: "Well, you will play these silly games.....especially at your age!"
  • Options
    I'm with Hillsy on this, I played for years both Saturday and Sundays and never really suffered. It is sad that I am walking like the tin man after only an hour of football
  • Options
    I'm worse today than yesterday - and I was only on the ptich for about 20 mintues.

I'm walking like someone has kicked me up the backside!

:-)

x
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite]I'm worse today than yesterday - and I was only on the ptich for about 20 mintues.

I'm walking like someone has kicked me up the backside!
    :-)
    x
    Yep same here, walking downstairs for me today was hilarious. Still hurts a bit now if i stay seated for too long. (Good excuse to stand up and go and chat to all the secretaries)