Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Life charity games (22nd May 2007) - The Official "Where I hurts the most" Thread.

13»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite]I'm worse today than yesterday - and I was only on the ptich for about 20 mintues.

I'm walking like someone has kicked me up the backside!
    :-)
    x
    Yep same here, walking downstairs for me today was hilarious. Still hurts a bit now if i stay seated for too long. (Good excuse to stand up and go and chat to all the secretaries)

oooooh stairs, i aint tried stairs yet, i am going to avoid them at all costs methinks!

I think carters 'tin man' analogy best sums me up today!

However i am going to use this as a starter, i can get fit now and it wont hurt as much as it did on tuesday. yey
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite]I'm worse today than yesterday - and I was only on the ptich for about 20 mintues.

I'm walking like someone has kicked me up the backside!
    :-)
    x
    Yep same here, walking downstairs for me today was hilarious. Still hurts a bit now if i stay seated for too long. (Good excuse to stand up and go and chat to all the secretaries)

LOL @ secretary excuse!!

I'm on the 6th floor and the restaurant, shop etc is on the 7th, our lifts don't go up to 7th so we just tend to take the stairs up - oh no not me for the last two days I have been going down to ground walking along to the next bank of lifts and going back up to 7! ;-)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite]playing again tonight. from the glory of the valley to the mean pitches of catford powerleague, this will be some comedown.[/quote]

Same here and my knee's in agony still.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]The second day is always worse than the first.[/quote]

Yeah...why is that?
  • Options
    I knew I should have got that stair lift from that nice salesman in preparation for the Autumn years ;)
    Spent most of the day hobbling about, but I'd be back down on that pitch in 10 minutes ( that includes 5 minutes for the steps ) ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]The second day is always worse than the first.[/quote]

Yeah...why is that?[/quote]

I believe it's because you spent yesterday walking around with sore legs and that just makes things worse rather than better.
    If my memory is correct i think that the third day is a cross between the first and the second.( It's been 7-8 yrears since I last played). I should be able to go for a run on Saturday.
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    [cite]Wilma posted:[/cite]My adding skills make that you owe £66 if you include the £5 for hitting the post.
    Thanks for doing that Wilma. I think Killers Beard's goal from outside the area is worth another couple of quid, as is Dave Storry going up to help out with a corner while playing as goalie. And I didn't think to include the officials in the participants tally, and without them we wouldn't have had a game, so I'm rounding it up to £75 quid.
  • Options
    thanks Ali.

As for hurting, i've had a problem with my chest / side ever since. Having trouble breathing and kind of hoping i've just jarred something rather than something a little more sinister.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]
    [cite]Wilma posted:[/cite]My adding skills make that you owe £66 if you include the £5 for hitting the post.
    Thanks for doing that Wilma. I think Killers Beard's goal from outside the area is worth another couple of quid, as is Dave Storry going up to help out with a corner while playing as goalie. And I didn't think to include the officials in the participants tally, and without them we wouldn't have had a game, so I'm rounding it up to £75 quid.

No probs, was easy! Didn't think about the officials but the linesman in the first match (sorry, not sure who it was!) was sweating more than the players!!
  • Options
    Had a massage last night(oooh eerr) and the womans amazing... much better today, can actually walk,... stiffens up bit when i sit down for a while( cue loads of rude jokes)...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can i say, that as a youngster, i feel i should and in the past only hurt for 2 days, well today is the third, and i am still in a bit of a tin man stage! Anyway i am using this as a starting point, on me carl lewis step machine later today, then praps a jog in ther morning. No point going through all that chest pain on tuesday and not making it worth while.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Wilma[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]

No probs, was easy! Didn't think about the officials but the linesman in the first match (sorry, not sure who it was!) was sweating more than the players!!

If he had a boxers nose, then it was Stu of SE7....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]Can i say, that as a youngster, i feel i should and in the past only hurt for 2 days, well today is the third, and i am still in a bit of a tin man stage! Anyway i am using this as a starting point, on me carl lewis step machine later today, then praps a jog in ther morning. No point going through all that chest pain on tuesday and not making it worth while.

Could hardly walk yesterday (well I did play 5 a side and nearly killed myself Wednesday evening) but today I've not felt too bad.

So more or less okay for an old git.

Wished I'd got myself fitter for the BIG match, tho'.
  • Options
    Still hurt, even more now, think i was hit by a bus somewhere on that hallowed turf. Did anyone see a bus? ref seemed to see all the challenges i made!!!
  • Options
    Not hurting at all, bunch of tarts. You whinge more than my missus.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcpolo[/cite]Not hurting at all, bunch of tarts. You whinge more than my missus.

Dave - Difference is you've spent the last 3 years sitting around doing f**K all ;-)