Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD STATEMENT: assemble at 11am for major demo prior to last game v Swindon (Sunday, April 30th)

Comments

• Options

clb74 said:

Will miss all this when Roland does go

but what have you done to make him go eh?
    I spent the 5 and a half hours today down the local Super U supermarket because I had a feeling RD was gonna be down there as they had a special on pork. He didn't show. I came home.

• Options
    edited April 2017

Getting back to the protests......

I thought pre-game was quiet but caused choas for the club so a win. Konsa was stuck in the traffic jam and walked in via the Valley Grove entrance.

Protests in the ground loud throughout and showed majority still want them out. So much for the lie than CARD is dead and has no support. Another win.

After the game was funny. £££££ spent on police and the world's most useless stewards but 100s still got on the pitch. Another win.

If you win 5 - 0 one week it doesn't mean the 2- 1 win the next week is "disappointing" or not enough. It's still a win.

In the same way every protest doesn't have to be better or more extreme than the last. We just need to keep winning and today we did.

They bought the wrong club.

I agree with all you've said. But I think what myself and others are trying to say is that it was hyped up to be 'The End Game'. Whilst today's protest was successful in many ways like you've pointed out, many are left confused as to why they ended their boycott for seemingly no reason, why some people went to the effort to change their ticket to the West Lower, why the balloons were thrown before the match started, etc.

Today's protest wasn't a failure by any means, and I haven't seen anybody try to claim it was. But it was certainly underwhelming.

Also, I'm sure with increased ticket sales (not massive, but significant enough) and the cost of what are probably very low paid 'muscle', didn't impact the club much at all.
    Not getting in to this silly row but today was a win. Overwhelmed or underwhelmed is more about people's expectations beforehand rather than the success, and they were a success, of the protests.
  • Options

clb74 said:

Will miss all this when Roland does go

but what have you done to make him go eh?
    I spent the 5 and a half hours today down the local Super U supermarket because I had a feeling RD was gonna be down there as they had a special on pork. He didn't show. I came home.

possibly you were in the wrong country.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

If CARD are still as popular why was there no more than 1500 protesting outside.

Unlike a few months ago, very hard to find anyone in the ground who is still pro the regime even if they remain indifferent to the protests. Just because not everyone was in the car park doesn't mean that by definition they are against the protests.
  • Options
    I'd say 90-95% are anti Roland doesn't mean there pro CARD
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Pre-game protests don't really work, especially at 11 in the morning.
    On the upside, many more supporters are anti-Roland than the first time I sat in the lower west for a protest game.
    CARD has done a great job of raising the profile of the protests in England, but it seems to be the Belgian protests that really get results.

All good valid points.
  • Options

I have an angry family member with disabled son in queue for car park. He is understandably unhappy. I fear that disrupting fellow fans may backfire on CARD here.

We told police that disabled cars would be allowed through, the Club decided otherwise
    How does one car get through a queue of others? He was clearly upset and very confused.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Crusty54 said:

I have an angry family member with disabled son in queue for car park. He is understandably unhappy. I fear that disrupting fellow fans may backfire on CARD here.

We told police that disabled cars would be allowed through, the Club decided otherwise
    How does one car get through a queue of others? He was clearly upset and very confused.
    The first car in the queue by the club shop had a wheelchair in it, after sometime this was let through.
  • Options

Crusty54 said:

The first car in the queue by the club shop had a wheelchair in it, after sometime this was let through.
    Not the point. The lad wasn't in a wheelchair. No way of splitting those who needed to park in the car park from those who don't.
  • Options

clb74 said:

Doesn't matter then as CARD sole purpose is to get rid of Duchatelet and by your own reckoning 95% share their view.
    I'd of thought there was more chance of Roland going if there were more protesters at the next demo than less.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

clb74 said:

Doesn't matter then as CARD sole purpose is to get rid of Duchatelet and by your own reckoning 95% share their view.
    I'd of thought there was more chance of Roland going if there were more protesters at the next demo than less.
    Has no -one ever told you that size isn't important, clb74 ?

It's what you do with what you have that counts ....

:blush:
  • Options

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

Has no -one ever told you that size isn't important, clb74 ?

It's what you do with what you have that counts ....

:blush:
    There's hope for elfsborg then
  • Options
    clb74 said:

clb74 said:

Maybe, maybe not but that wasn't the point we were debating

You said 95% are anti-regime which leaves just 5% either indifferent or pro-regime according to you.

Not all of your 95% anti-regime fans back CARD in your view but self-evidently they share the same view on the regime according to you.
  • Options
    Did Katrien love her football today, no mention of her or was the kick off too early?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mogodon said:

Whatever anyone thought of the protests, clearly the club were terrified tino thinking WW3 was about the break out judging by the crazy levels of stewarding and OTT police presence inside and outside the ground. That number of police - which would have impressed a Premier League club - must have cost the club a small fortune. And mostly they stood there looking a bit bewildered.

Its a shame they missed the bloke dancing behind them then. For all the PC Palmer's of the world there are a number of plods who love the overtime & couldn't care less about what they're there for.
  • Options

I was of the opinion that a Sunday morning 11am protest would not get the best vocal support. Personally I feel it's too early for the body clock. Let's face it would players be on top form if games kicked off at 11am ?

It may have been more vocal afterwards, but we'll never know.

I was a bit bemused from the Upper North, that there didn't appear to be much "protesting" in the Lower West. I have to say I was somewhat confused. There was far more disruption caused by let's say the 30 invaders last season, than there appeared to be today.

Personally, I think 95% of Charlton fans would like RD to go if a better owner takes over.

However, I'd guess perhaps 10%-20% of fans disagree with protests for various reasons, the main one being they want to watch the game without disruption.

Anyhow, as Henry Irving said, it was still a win for the 95% who are anti RD.

The point was clearly demonsrated what the vast majority of fans still think and whilst there was some disruption to people who dislike protests, it wasn't too bad and I didn't see any fans arguing or worse.

There will of course be the odd thing I'm unaware of, but overall the strength of feeling was demonstrated.

CARD will never please everyone. Some want no protests. Some think it's about right. Some want more protest. Some want the protests to be let's say "rougher".

Well done to all.

@Covered End your mate with the gray hair was giving it again. When the "we want Roland out" at 3 - 0 started he stood up and asked "why?"

Cos were 13th in league one, on our 9th manager and 55m in debt, that's why.
    Similar to a mum and her kids by me today shouting "you're showing off"!

The kids had even brought tooth picks and used them to pop balloons!
  • Options
    Being one of Card's biggest supporters even I have to admit today was a bit lame, esp in light of what Orient did yesterday.

I don't get what the 'head to the west lower' accomplished or what the aim was??!

The 'papers' handed out?!? I presume that was to educate rather than effect the game??!

I have admiration for 'Card but can't help but think it's becoming old and a lot more could be done personally.
  • Options
    What happened at the q+a?
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

I was of the opinion that a Sunday morning 11am protest would not get the best vocal support. Personally I feel it's too early for the body clock. Let's face it would players be on top form if games kicked off at 11am ?

I was a bit bemused from the Upper North, that there didn't appear to be much "protesting" in the Lower West. I have to say I was somewhat confused. There was far more disruption caused by let's say the 30 invaders last season, than there appeared to be today.

Personally, I think 95% of Charlton fans would like RD to go if a better owner takes over.

However, I'd guess perhaps 10%-20% of fans disagree with protests for various reasons, the main one being they want to watch the game without disruption.

The point was clearly demonsrated what the vast majority of fans still think and whilst there was some disruption to people who dislike protests, it wasn't too bad and I didn't see any fans arguing or worse.

There will of course be the odd thing I'm unaware of, but overall the strength of feeling was demonstrated.

CARD will never please everyone. Some want no protests. Some think it's about right. Some want more protest. Some want the protests to be let's say "rougher".

Well done to all.

@Covered End your mate with the gray hair was giving it again. When the "we want Roland out" at 3 - 0 started he stood up and asked "why?"

Education/imparting facts, is the way forward. If I didn't attend all the meetings and spend so long on here, I would be unaware of much that has been said and done.
  • Options

sammy391 said:

Well done to all.

Education/imparting facts, is the way forward. If I didn't attend all the meetings and spend so long on here, I would be unaware of much that has been said and done.
    Is meeting your middle name CE