Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD STATEMENT: assemble at 11am for major demo prior to last game v Swindon (Sunday, April 30th)

Comments

• Options
    clb74 said:

clb74 said:

mogodon said:

Being one of Card's biggest supporters even I have to admit today was a bit lame, esp in light of what Orient did yesterday.

I don't get what the 'head to the west lower' accomplished or what the aim was??!

My main problem with heading to the Lower West was I was too close to Robinson and so had to watch his antics, plus he blocked half the pitch whenever he emerged from the dugout.

I did get to see him smirk at the supporters as he had to walk through a load of balloons, after which he shook his head and quite deliberately trod on a couple. When the first goal was scored he oozed out of the dugout to turn to the directors' box pumping his fists. A good run-in ought not to disguise his massive failings.
    A good run in? Remind me who did we beat? An already relegated Swindon, a close to relegated Gillingham, an already relegated Chesterfield. Wow, what an achievement. Now where did I put that season ticket form?
    So you rather us lose the last 5 games then
    Did I say that? No. Stop being a knob. The last five results don't prove him a good manager, far from it, just show we beat some very shit, some already relegated, teams.
    No you didn't large but it was a good end to the season
    Couldn't have been any worse that what had gone before though. Don't let the last few results fool you. You can't polish a turd.
  • Options

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

mogodon said:

Being one of Card's biggest supporters even I have to admit today was a bit lame, esp in light of what Orient did yesterday.

I don't get what the 'head to the west lower' accomplished or what the aim was??!

My main problem with heading to the Lower West was I was too close to Robinson and so had to watch his antics, plus he blocked half the pitch whenever he emerged from the dugout.

I did get to see him smirk at the supporters as he had to walk through a load of balloons, after which he shook his head and quite deliberately trod on a couple. When the first goal was scored he oozed out of the dugout to turn to the directors' box pumping his fists. A good run-in ought not to disguise his massive failings.
    A good run in? Remind me who did we beat? An already relegated Swindon, a close to relegated Gillingham, an already relegated Chesterfield. Wow, what an achievement. Now where did I put that season ticket form?
    Did I say that? No. Stop being a knob. The last five results don't prove him a good manager, far from it, just show we beat some very shit, some already relegated, teams.
    Couldn't have been any worse that what had gone before though. Don't let the last few results fool you. You can't polish a turd.
    But you can roll it in glitter.
  • Options

mogodon said:

Southend. Big shame it wasn't a draw.
    fucking sickening but typical
  • Options

still can't believe CARD didn't deliver Roland's head on a plate , that is how I took the end game to mean
    Seriously CARD can't be serious unless they provide a willing owner to pay Roland's price

If you're not happy with 13th place in League One and the competent way we are being run then you are not a true supporter , just give em another season or 3 and a few January transfer windows and I'm sure they'll get it right and if you haven't got the patience for another 3 year wait just admire the pitch and red seats .

To the 80% singing Roland Out songs can you seriously not see that with another owner things could be a lot worse (ok I've followed us since 1976 and we have never finished lower or had a table position as low as this season but come on don't forget SCP finished 13th and if he can get us up the season after then it must be really easy )

Be careful what you wish for

In Roland and Katrien I continually trust

• Options
    it was nice to catch up with fans who traveled to Belgium . my first home game . Congratulations to CARD and all who help arrange the protest . I think we will have to take it to rollad again . He did not like us being there he thought he was safe , YOU CAN RUN BUT YOU CANT HIDE ROLLAND we will be back
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    personally thought Sunday wasn't as good as some of the other protests,we could of had 5000 on that pitch at the end as stewards were letting people on, just out of curiosity why were there 2 fire engines going towards the stadium?.

edit; i was on the pitch and was allowed to go on by stewards who said if you go on you will get banned.
  • Options
    Is it a full moon?
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    msomerton said:

I have to say I believe the protest backfired on the anti Roland protesters yesterday for the perverse reason that it was underwhelming. You penalised those fans who wanted to stay behind and applaud the players particularly Johnny Jackson a and of course you will have left the players feeling upset as well. If you had achieved an invasion of thousand plus during the game then maybe people would have possible at least have had respect for the effort but for what was achieved then no. I must point out I do not actually agree with pitch invasions in the first place. I will say last season I attended most protests but decided that this season I would not, as I felt all that was being achieved was making Roland dig his heels in.

Don't think that's the case at all. Scenes like this happen all over the country at pretty much every club on the last game of the season. KR said as much in his post match waffle. He also kicked us a ball so we could have a game but stewards took it off us! Most clubs still have a lap of honour. We were on the pitch quickly had a hug with Jacko sung a few Roland Out songs then we're off the pitch in a few minutes. The club could have easily done an announcement saying the players will be out for a lap of honour and to give a speech in a few minutes. That way people in the stands would have waited and us on the pitch would probably have returned to the stands...

Other clubs manage it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:

clb74 said:

mogodon said:

Yeah it was brilliant - don't forget the draw at Coventry. Is his record at Charlton still the worst in history or has he now caught Karel Fraye and Less Reed?
  • Options
    My favourite part of the protest has to be when we were all in front of the west stand chanting anti regime songs. Someone (hopefully who comes on here) then tries to start a sing along of Red Red Robin but then very quickly realises that he's on his own "I'm on my own, on my own, on my own". :smiley:

Was hilarious and made me laugh. Thank you for lightening the mood and the effort!
  • Options
    bellz2002 said:

My favourite part of the protest has to be when we were all in front of the west stand chanting anti regime songs. Someone (hopefully who comes on here) then tries to start a sing along of Red Red Robin but then very quickly realises that he's on his own "I'm on my own, on my own, on my own". :smiley:

Was hilarious and made me laugh. Thank you for lightening the mood and the effort!

TRR went down well in Belgium and was a bit of a goosebumps moment but obviously wasn't quite so easy to get off the ground with a larger scale crowd at home.
  • Options
    bellz2002 said:

I know who that was but better not name and shame! A fairly well-known poster on here!!
  • Options

bellz2002 said:

I know who that was but better not name and shame! A fairly well-known poster on here!!
    Spill!
  • Options
    msomerton said:

I have to say I believe the protest backfired on the anti Roland protesters yesterday for the perverse reason that it was underwhelming. You penalised those fans who wanted to stay behind and applaud the players particularly Johnny Jackson a and of course you will have left the players feeling upset as well. If you had achieved an invasion of thousand plus during the game then maybe people would have possible at least have had respect for the effort but for what was achieved then no. I must point out I do not actually agree with pitch invasions in the first place. I will say last season I attended most protests but decided that this season I would not, as I felt all that was being achieved was making Roland dig his heels in.

So we all give up because the war isn't won after a few battles.

To be fair if this mob carry on there won't be thousands to run on the pitch, probably more like hundreds.
  • Options

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

mogodon said:

Large I'm not polishing anything.
    But we won 4 of our last 5 result wise that's pretty good.
    My own view is all season we've not looked much better than anyone else , but no one's looked that much better than us.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

mogodon said:

My own view is all season we've not looked much better than anyone else , but no one's looked that much better than us.
    If you were to say that about us in the championship I would say fair enough.
    But is it acceptable to be no better or no worse than anyone else in league one.?

For me it isn't
  • Options

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

mogodon said:

If you were to say that about us in the championship I would say fair enough.
    But is it acceptable to be no better or no worse than anyone else in league one.?

For me it isn't
    Blackpool with the squad we had this season I don't care if it was slade or Robinson we should of made the play offs at least
    F@ck me was it only 4 games against the top 10 we lost
  • Options

bellz2002 said:

Seth ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's very easy to forget the injuries to key players earlier in the season.

The recent results reflect a more settled team.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

Injuries or not, for the volume of games the squad was again woefully inadequate. First 11 decent on paper but unfortunately for our CEO and her merry band of morons the game isn't played on paper
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Carter said:

Crusty54 said:

Injuries or not, for the volume of games the squad was again woefully inadequate. First 11 decent on paper but unfortunately for our CEO and her merry band of morons the game isn't played on paper
    RD even said on one of his interviews at the start of the season. One of the reasons we were relegated was that we didn't have a big enough squad and we had learnt from this.

So we started the season with another under strength, weak and unbalanced squad ! Effin moron.
  • Options

Carter said:

Crusty54 said:

RD even said on one of his interviews at the start of the season. One of the reasons we were relegated was that we didn't have a big enough squad and we had learnt from this.

So we started the season with another under strength, weak and unbalanced squad ! Effin moron.
    This. I'm tired of excuses about injuries. Everyone gets them, When we do, we're reduced to playing the youngsters within weeks of september ending, and they get burnt out. And that's what we'll be seeing in october 2017 if Roland is still here.
  • Options
    Well we've not heard much about Kashi recently. Couple of months ago was it he was recuperating in Dubai as his choice of location?
  • Options

Well we've not heard much about Kashi recently. Couple of months ago was it he was recuperating in Dubai as his choice of location?

Be Surprised if Kashi returns.
  • Options
    Badger said:

Be Surprised if Kashi returns.
    Charlton don't do Kash back
  • Options
    clb74 said:

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

mogodon said:

I said on another post we would finish season top on current form, and complete ineptitude for the rest of season would be hidden. We can most likely afford to lose a couple, get some kids in and still walk the leauge next season !

We have been crap all season, with only fleeting minutes of ever looking like a good side. We can't score, and beating some relegated sides and others struggling, can not change that. Wholesale changes are required. In my view that includes KR who has done nothing to convince me he can get us out of this leauge.
  • Options

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

mogodon said:

I said on another post we would finish season top on current form, and complete ineptitude for the rest of season would be hidden. We can most likely afford to lose a couple, get some kids in and still walk the leauge next season !

We have been crap all season, with only fleeting minutes of ever looking like a good side. We can't score, and beating some relegated sides and others struggling, can not change that. Wholesale changes are required. In my view that includes KR who has done nothing to convince me he can get us out of this leauge.
    Evening Ralph
    Will disagree with you slightly on this.
    Managed to get to 9 away games this season in 3 of these games a few home fans of each club said we were the best they've played this season.
    2 or 3 aways I didn't attend sheff United and Scunthorpe a few others said we looked decent.
    As I've said though even the 3-0 wins we've had this season I don't think we were that much better than the other teams.