Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

NFL 2017/18

Comments

• You could also ask her if she's got a dirty duster

Please, it’s a crying towel.
  • You could also ask her if she's got a dirty duster

Please, it’s a crying towel.
    Oh it absolutely is!

DUUUUUUVVVVVVVAAAAAAAALLLLLLL!

Btw there is plenty of space on the bandwagon. Come join me. No-one likes the Patriots...
  • edited January 2018
    If I was looking for a team to support right now I'd be thinking about the next few years, in no particular order, and look at:

Jags
    Rams
    Titans
    Bucs
    49ers
    Raiders
    Texans
    Eagles
    Vikings
  • If I was looking for a team to support right now I'd be thinking about the next few years, in no particular order, and look at:

Jags
    Rams
    Titans
    Bucs
    49ers
    Raiders
    Texans
    Eagles
    Vikings

Support the team which wins the Superbowl this year. Looking at your list that will be the Jags, Eagles or Vikings.
  • If I was looking for a team to support right now I'd be thinking about the next few years, in no particular order, and look at:

Jags
    Rams
    Titans
    Bucs
    49ers
    Raiders
    Texans
    Eagles
    Vikings

Support the team which wins the Superbowl this year. Looking at your list that will be the Jags, Eagles or Vikings.
    Ultimately I think you need to support the side you enjoy watching the most. For me, that was the Ravens in the Ray Lewis era - not so much these days!
  • I've worked in Philly and have a lot of friends there, so has to be the Eagles. Whether I followed them or not my Facebook feed would be covered in Eagles posts on game days.
  • McBobbin said:

Im a Charlton fan not a man u fan. Cleveland Browns for me then!

I would love love love to see the Browns gain pretty much instant credibility by doing something like:

- Sign Manning/Cousins/one of the Minnesota QBs/so on

- Draft Barkley at 1

- Draft Minkah Fitzpatrick at 4

- Fire Hue Jackson, bring in literally anyone else

Three of these things probably won't happen, but they have easily got the tools to do it.
  • PaddyP17 said:

McBobbin said:

Im a Charlton fan not a man u fan. Cleveland Browns for me then!

I would love love love to see the Browns gain pretty much instant credibility by doing something like:

- Sign Manning/Cousins/one of the Minnesota QBs/so on

- Draft Barkley at 1

- Draft Minkah Fitzpatrick at 4

- Fire Hue Jackson, bring in literally anyone else

Three of these things probably won't happen, but they have easily got the tools to do it.
    None of these things would make the Browns credible. Doing any of these and not sucking next season might, but it’s the Browns. Whichever of these they did, it would end up being the wrong one.

Their only solution is a new owner. Where have I heard that before?
  • edited January 2018
    McBobbin said:

McBobbin said:

Titans have ditched Mike Mularkey. About time. They can't afford to waste Mariota's talent any longer...and they need some Charlton Life love! Only team without a supporter on here.

Titans were claimed by tommyr last year.
    Texans, Panthers, Cardinals & Rams all unsupported on Charlton Life.
    I've been told at work to chose someone as long as it isn't the pats or the ravens. Aren't the rams basically mk Dons? Or is that every team? I like panthers as an animal. Probably means I'm expressing a preference for a sports teams using similar logic as my wife expresses a preference for cars.
    Nothing wrong with the Ravens :-)

... Although they are the closest thing to MK Dons.

I'd watch a bit of football and see who you like watching.

Rams moved back to LA so harsh to call them MK Dons. They should be set for a big few years.
    I think it's because she's a Steelers fan (though, she grew up on eastcombe avenue in Charlton, where I park, and she supports arsenal so sod her) that she doesn't like the ravens...I agree though that having some emotional investment makes a big difference. I mean, I'll watch the odd premiership footy match and appreciate it as I love my football, but I'll care more about the chartlon and Chelmsford score. I'll watch a few more games and see what I like (long time since i played john madden on my mega drive)
    No better way into the sport than to create a rivalry out of it IMO.

The problem is that the Steelers division has the Browns (don't do it to yourself), the Bengals who hardly ever threaten to do anything or the Ravens who I've never personally warmed to, something about the purple I think.

You might want to pick an AFC team that will often play the Steelers but from outside their division. At the moment that's the Patriots but that's like picking Man U... so no go there IMO.

Despite the NFL moving franchises around there are some that won't ever move barring a string of unlikely events and that's something I'd look for in a team.

Of all the teams that fit into the above criteria you're left with three options in my opinion: Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs or Indianapolis Colts.

All will play the Steelers semi regularly (without being in the same division) and are unlikely to be moved from their current city for the foreseeable future.

If you're willing to wait through a few years of being stomped by Brady and co. twice a season (he has to retire soon right?), you could go for Miami Dolphins or Buffalo Bills and hope that pays off further down the line following a Patriots demise.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2018
    Sorry. I couldn't resist. This is beautiful.

https://www.facebook.com/minnesotavikings/videos/10155967630557836/
  • Tom Brady listed as "questionable" for this weekend's game on the Pats injury report.
  • Tom Brady listed as "questionable" for this weekend's game on the Pats injury report.

The local ITK guys aren’t worried. Latest unconfirmed report is that it’s a cut on his knuckle. No throwing to let it heal up and that’s fueling the stories. But our most skeptical radio host says he’d bet his house on Brady playing.
  • Nothing wrong with him, mind games.

Nobody believes it isn’t real. Like they say, it’s the Jaguars. There’s no need for them to start making stories up. But everyone, mostly national but some locally are trying to make it like Brian Hoyer is starting.

And , even our local skeptic is of the opinion that they will win even if Brian Hoyer is starting.
  • We know the narrative by now. Brady is doubtful but will then rock up with a 400+ yard, 5TD game etc etc. Boo.

Here's hoping we can just smash them regardless
  • An injured Brady is better than a perfectly fit Bortles.

Nobody believes it isn’t real. Like they say, it’s the Jaguars. There’s no need for them to start making stories up. But everyone, mostly national but some locally are trying to make it like Brian Hoyer is starting.

And , even our local skeptic is of the opinion that they will win even if Brian Hoyer is starting.
    I dread to think what that Jags D would do to Hoyer.
  • An injured Brady is better than a perfectly fit Bortles.

WOAH THERE MOTHERFUCKER

(Blaine Gabbert reference)

Bortles doesn't need to be good, though. He needs to game manage and let Fournette really test that bend but don't break defense.
  • Sponsored links:

I dread to think what that Jags D would do to Hoyer.
    Bad, bad things. Thinking about it is getting me excited. Ooooohhhhh yeah.
  • edited January 2018
    Buzzing for tonights Championship games especially the Vikings v Eagles. Who will you all be rooting for?
  • Jags and Vikings I hope
  • Hoping for Eagles/Jags. Expecting Pats/Vikings
  • Vikings and Jags for me.

Jags to win it all because it would be funny.
  • Expecting Vikings/Patriots, hoping for Vikings/anyone.
  • Jags and don’t mind the other. Would have gone Eagles if Wentz was playing
  • Jags and whoever for me