Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

NFL 2017/18

Comments

• edited January 2018
    SUNDAY 21ST JAN:

8:05PM
    Jacksonville Jaguars [3] @ New England Patriots [1] (Nantz & Romo)

11:40PM
    Minnesota Vikings [2] @ Philadelphia Eagles [1] (Buck & Aikman)

• That was one of the most memorable non-tackles I’ve ever seen. He wasn’t even close. That’s going to be tough to live with.
  • The thing about the non-tackle is he completely missed Diggs and then went straight into the one other player that might've caught Diggs. Was a total kamikaze move.
  • SUNDAY 21ST JAN:

8:05PM
    Jacksonville Jaguars [3] @ New England Patriots [1] (Nantz & Romo)

11:40PM
    Minnesota Vikings [2] @ Philadelphia Eagles [1] (Buck & Aikman)

Vikes/Jags would be an advertiser's nightmare, but it's what I would like to see, just for the novelty of it.
  • edited January 2018
    Someone got there before the delete. Cocky twats.
  • McBobbin said:

Seems I made a sensible decision to go to sleep at half time

Likewise
  • What a game. I recorded it as I was out and about. Watched it when I got home. What a game. !:30 left and the Saints pushing to get the FG to go 2 points up. I knew they were going to do it. I really wanted the Vikings to win but I just knew how Brees had been playing in the second half...... And then my recording ended. I couldn't believe it. So ended up watching the late night news here (California) and seeing the final play on there. What an unbelievable end. What a play. Williams must have been avoiding any chance of pass interference and he blew it. Poor guy. Breathless stuff.

Almost as exciting as watching Charlton.

COYR!!
  • McBobbin said:

Seems I made a sensible decision to go to sleep at half time

Likewise
    Yeah me too. Taped it and added an hour. Ran out with 14 seconds to play. Gutted to miss and hear about the touch down which I know now was before the final play. My Saints supporting son will be in bits.

Only got 2 out of 4 predictions right but still on course for pats beating the vikings in the super bowl.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2018
    late to the party as sky+ and just watched oblivious to the outcome and WTF!!!

Amazing stuff, what an ending, thats tough to take for Saints but just wow for Vikings fans
  • Missed It said:

Never seen a kneel down PAT before!

Never seen a punter 'line up' on the d line either!!!
  • Reading this report of last nights NO/Minn game gave me the shivers. Miracle in Minnesota indeed.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22102589/case-keenum-minnesota-vikings-get-magic-moment-been-waiting-win-new-orleans-saints
  • Thought Case was outstanding last night, really changed my opinion of him the pressure he must be under having Bradford waiting in the wings.

I really don't like the Vikings (Fran Tarkenton aside) but best of luck to them from here on in
  • PaddyP17 said:
    We're bringing the purple rain :-)
  • Amazing finish to a great game. Heart-braking defeat for the Saints, what on earth is Williams doing on the last play? Just wondering if the Vikings name is on the trophy, I fancy them to beat Philly and face the Pats in their own Stadium. Now the Saints are out I'd like to see them win it.
  • edited January 2018
    Titans have ditched Mike Mularkey. About time. They can't afford to waste Mariota's talent any longer...and they need some Charlton Life love! Only team without a supporter on here.
  • Josh McDaniels to the Colts and Pat Shurmur to the Giants apparently.
  • Titans have ditched Mike Mularkey. About time. They can't afford to waste Mariota's talent any longer...and they need some Charlton Life love! Only team without a supporter on here. </

I disliked the Oilers nearly as much as Pittsburgh

• Sponsored links:

• Titans have ditched Mike Mularkey. About time. They can't afford to waste Mariota's talent any longer...and they need some Charlton Life love! Only team without a supporter on here.

Titans were claimed by tommyr last year.
    Texans, Panthers, Cardinals & Rams all unsupported on Charlton Life.
  • Josh McDaniels to the Colts and Pat Shurmur to the Giants apparently.

Losing McDaniels would be a pretty big blow to the Pats
  • sam3110 said:

Josh McDaniels to the Colts and Pat Shurmur to the Giants apparently.

Losing McDaniels would be a pretty big blow to the Pats
    Can't think off the top of my head of any ex-Pats coaches that ever amounted to anything after they left.
  • Titans have ditched Mike Mularkey. About time. They can't afford to waste Mariota's talent any longer...and they need some Charlton Life love! Only team without a supporter on here.

I've been told at work to chose someone as long as it isn't the pats or the ravens. Aren't the rams basically mk Dons? Or is that every team? I like panthers as an animal. Probably means I'm expressing a preference for a sports teams using similar logic as my wife expresses a preference for cars.
  • edited January 2018
    McBobbin said:

Titans have ditched Mike Mularkey. About time. They can't afford to waste Mariota's talent any longer...and they need some Charlton Life love! Only team without a supporter on here.

I've been told at work to chose someone as long as it isn't the pats or the ravens. Aren't the rams basically mk Dons? Or is that every team? I like panthers as an animal. Probably means I'm expressing a preference for a sports teams using similar logic as my wife expresses a preference for cars.
    Nothing wrong with the Ravens :-)

... Although they are the closest thing to MK Dons.

I'd watch a bit of football and see who you like watching.

Rams moved back to LA so harsh to call them MK Dons. They should be set for a big few years.
  • I really struggled to get into the sport until I picked a team.

Happily watch any game with any team now though, strange how that loyalty to a team can change someone's view on an entire sport.
  • McBobbin said:

Rams moved back to LA so harsh to call them MK Dons. They should be set for a big few years.
    I think it's because she's a Steelers fan (though, she grew up on eastcombe avenue in Charlton, where I park, and she supports arsenal so sod her) that she doesn't like the ravens...I agree though that having some emotional investment makes a big difference. I mean, I'll watch the odd premiership footy match and appreciate it as I love my football, but I'll care more about the chartlon and Chelmsford score. I'll watch a few more games and see what I like (long time since i played john madden on my mega drive)
  • McBobbin said:

McBobbin said:

I think it's because she's a Steelers fan (though, she grew up on eastcombe avenue in Charlton, where I park, and she supports arsenal so sod her) that she doesn't like the ravens...I agree though that having some emotional investment makes a big difference. I mean, I'll watch the odd premiership footy match and appreciate it as I love my football, but I'll care more about the chartlon and Chelmsford score. I'll watch a few more games and see what I like (long time since i played john madden on my mega drive)
    If she's a Steelers fan tell how much you think Vontaze Burfict is a great player who is just misunderstood
  • McBobbin said:

McBobbin said:

If she's a Steelers fan tell how much you think Vontaze Burfict is a great player who is just misunderstood
    She wasn't convinced
  • You could also ask her if she's got a dirty duster