Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chelsea v Spurs

13»

Comments

• Options
    I went. Sat in the Chelsea end. Full of new fans. Shit football experience. Wish Spurs had won. Their fans made an awful lot more noise.
  • Options
    Really didn't care too much who won. Think, at the end, it was the better side. Cracking game of football though for a neutral and great advertisement for the game.
  • Options
    Whilst i wouldn't necessarily say he had a bad game i saw something on twitter saying that Atkinson has reffed Chelsea 19 times in the past 3 years.
    Chelsea pens - 9, opponents pens - 0.
    Chelsea red cards - 0, opponents red cards - 12
  • Options

Whilst i wouldn't necessarily say he had a bad game i saw something on twitter saying that Atkinson has reffed Chelsea 19 times in the past 3 years.

Are they facts or a piss take,
  • Options

I have to say I've got no issue with the pen. Although Moses made no contact with Son, it was a stonewall pen as Son should never have dived in.

However, Alonso went through the back of Kane, Eriksen and Alli three times before getting a yellow. Amazed Lloris didnt see red for deliberate handball outside the box. He gets so many decisions wrong, he's a diabolical referee.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

I have to say I've got no issue with the pen. Although Moses made no contact with Son, it was a stonewall pen as Son should never have dived in.

However, Alonso went through the back of Kane, Eriksen and Alli three times before getting a yellow. Amazed Lloris didnt see red for deliberate handball outside the box. He gets so many decisions wrong, he's a diabolical referee.
    Not just Alonso, a couple of Chelsea players should have received a booking in the first half but ref let it go. Games of this magnitude are often decided on decisions like that going or not going in your favour.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

To be fair, if Lloris was going to pick any time to handle out of the box, the perfect time was right after a penalty had just been given. He probably could have shot Willian and the ref would have avoided showing a red
  • Options
    It was a lose lose match and , for me, the lesser of two evils one
    As for the final , come on Arsenal , can't have Chelsea doing the double again
    And it'll add more fuel to the wenger in/out debate
  • Options

It depends on whether there was contact or not.

Contact = penalty (soft but still a pen)
    No contact = indirect free kick

Seeing it live, it looked a pen. All replays I've seen showed no contact so would be an indirect free kick from spot of the foul.

Law 12 (as I recall without looking it up) relates to Fouls and Misconduct. "Tripping or attempting to trip" is a direct free kick (or penalty in the penalty area). Tt could be argued that Son was never going to win the ball so "attempting to trip", is an interpretation of the incident that is plausible.