Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jeff Stelling's rant on Hartlepool

124»

Comments

• Options
    Hartlepool have always been my second team as my Grandad hailed from there. Back in the 70s they nearly always finished bottom of Division 4 but were always re-elected.
    Very sad day and hope they bounce straight back up.
  • Options

Mate of mine was thinking of buying Newport this season, wonder if he will go back in for them now they have stayed up. Well done to them, shame for Pool.

He couldn't stretch his budget a tad?
  • Options
    Can't see the fuss regarding Hartlepool?JS always comes across as a right plonker when CAFC are bought up on soccer Saturday, the biased sky panel gave so much attention to him and his team over the last month or so but seemingly ignored the 15 point deficit Newport fought to make up.
    So well done Newport, proper club owned by the fans- good for them!
  • Options
    Real shame for Hartlepool but watching Jeff going through the mill made great television.
  • Options

Mate of mine was thinking of buying Newport this season, wonder if he will go back in for them now they have stayed up. Well done to them, shame for Pool.

I hope you're not mates with Roland.
  • Options

Hartlepool have always been my second team as my Grandad hailed from there. Back in the 70s they nearly always finished bottom of Division 4 but were always re-elected.

Opening paragraph says justice took a long time, in those days backhanders probably took place.
  • Options
    Will be a tough task to bounce back next season. Whoever doesn't get promoted out of Tranmere and Forest Green will be favourites. Plus one much bigger club, such as Wrexham normally have a strong season.

I don't think they will be back in the next 5 years.
  • Options

Opening paragraph says justice took a long time, in those days backhanders probably took place.
    Does Hartlepool's and Orients relegation mean you will have to attend a new grounds to get back up to 92? Or have you already ticked off the 2 teams that are coming up (whoever they are)?
  • Options

Real shame for Hartlepool but watching Jeff going through the mill made great television.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zp30wJeOz94

Jeff's ecstacy & agony in a couple of minutes.
  • Options

Does Hartlepool's and Orients relegation mean you will have to attend a new grounds to get back up to 92? Or have you already ticked off the 2 teams that are coming up (whoever they are)?
    By 92 club rules yes.

By normal people's rules no. I've been to Lincoln so I'm counting it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2017

By 92 club rules yes.

By normal people's rules no. I've been to Lincoln so I'm counting it.
    I know that @ElfsborgAddick includes one particular team's ground - because he could see one of the floodlights from a distance when he was on a train once :wink:
  • Options
    edited May 2017

Can't see the fuss regarding Hartlepool?JS always comes across as a right plonker when CAFC are bought up on soccer Saturday, the biased sky panel gave so much attention to him and his team over the last month or so but seemingly ignored the 15 point deficit Newport fought to make up.
    So well done Newport, proper club owned by the fans- good for them!

If Newport are a proper club they should join the league of wales. The way they snootily ignore their own national league is an insult to every Welshman.
    Like Cardiff and Swansea you mean? - Along with Merthyr Town and Wrexham?

The League of Wales was only ever formed in 1992... All the clubs mentioned were formed long before then; i.e. Newport were founded in 1912 (the current Newport County in 1989), the only side who should maybe in the Welsh Premier League now are Merthyr Town who were formed out of Merthyr Tydfil in 2010 yet seeing the original Merthyr team were playing in the English Leagues from 1945 it surely made sense to have them remain in England.

At the same time we should ask why Berwick Rangers are in the Scottish Leagues and The New Saints in the Welsh Leagues when they play in Oswestry?
  • Options
    edited May 2017

As a side note I do feel sorry for Newport.

Just watch the moment they score the winner and how Stelling | Le Tissier | Merson all react when Newport go 2-1 up.

Fair enough for Stelling to be biased but for the whole studio...

when I larf .. you all larf .. when I cry .. you all cry .. Stelling runs that team .. upset him, there are plenty more waiting to sit in the seats in front of the screens