Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Did you buy a Protest Shirt this season?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Yes, bought a couple. Wore mine in Belgium on March 4th and my son has worn his on his travels throughout the UK.
  • Options
    Can't find mine ?
  • Options

We do still have a very limited number of protest shirts left , Mens XL & XS and a couple of Ladies sizes , visit covererdendchoir.co.uk to order. We also have Roland out hoodies in all sizes.

Slight typo Nick;
    https://www.coveredendchoir.co.uk/
  • Options
    Thanks Arry A
  • Options

Shirts for the nephew & me plus woolly hats and a hoodie, money well spent.
    The contrast between the achievements of a small group of enthusiastic amateurs and those of the supposedly professional football club business defies credibility.
    No praise high enough for Covered End Choir.
    No opprobrium savage enough for the latter.

Agree totally, StigThundercock. Our house had 3 shirts, a hoodie and 3 badges! All money well spent and great merchandise as well! Thanks to all who organised and distributed them. But even better to help local charities.
  • Options
    congratulations , i am glad we can still find the time to help others , will be wearing mine with pride Sunday
  • Options
    Nug said:

After being made aware of some unsavoury and quite frankly nasty comments elsewhere on the internet I want to make it clear this project was not initiated by CARD but by a few individuals from this site. In fact out of the whole group of us I am the only one who continues to help CARD out regularly. From day one it was always a project to raise some money for the protest fund but EQUALLY to raise money for local charities. The shirt was a way for people to show their displeasure with the owners without being involved in more "active" protests if that wasn't their thing. We all fully support CARD and their aims hence the reason we included their logo on the shirt. I am delighted that we donated to such wonderful causes as the Charlton RDA and Demelza.

Who is saying it was a CARD shirt? The logo is I believe Covered End Choir but basically a protest shirt. It raised lots anyway... which is the main point.

• Options
    CAFC should adopt that shirt as the first kit for next season, might change our luck and prospects .. It'd make a change from this season's mostly woeful performances whilst the players were kitted out in red or that lovely shade of purple
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

CAFC should adopt that shirt as the first kit for next season, might change our luck and prospects .. It'd make a change from this season's mostly woeful performances whilst the players were kitted out in red or that lovely shade of purple

I did wonder if new owners might adopt a black and white theme for the away kit/third kit. It's certainly something I'd do if I took over..
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Nug said:

After being made aware of some unsavoury and quite frankly nasty comments elsewhere on the internet I want to make it clear this project was not initiated by CARD but by a few individuals from this site. In fact out of the whole group of us I am the only one who continues to help CARD out regularly. From day one it was always a project to raise some money for the protest fund but EQUALLY to raise money for local charities. The shirt was a way for people to show their displeasure with the owners without being involved in more "active" protests if that wasn't their thing. We all fully support CARD and their aims hence the reason we included their logo on the shirt. I am delighted that we donated to such wonderful causes as the Charlton RDA and Demelza.

Who is saying it was a CARD shirt? The logo is I believe Covered End Choir but basically a protest shirt. It raised lots anyway... which is the main point.

You would think so wouldn't you...
  • Options
    Nug said:

What comments, @Nug? Can you point me at them, please?
  • Options

Nug said:

What comments, @Nug? Can you point me at them, please?
    Maybe best just to leave it tbh. @Nug has set the record straight on the motives behind it and who was behind the shirts.
  • Options

I did wonder if new owners might adopt a black and white theme for the away kit/third kit. It's certainly something I'd do if I took over..
    )
  • Options
    Myself and daughter wore our B&W shirts to Chesterfield game and I had CARD hoodie on top. Also have the Covered End Choir iron-on patch on the back of my RAB jacket. Many have asked me who the 'Covered End Choir' are, to which I inform them of our plight. It's great advertising, albeit for a sad cause. We will overcome!
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Nug said:

Erm :lol: think the Card logo could be the problem some have with it...