Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bali......

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2023
    R0TW said:
    I’m here at the moment, stayed a week in Nusa Dua, this part is good for water sports and some upmarket hotels. We stayed at the Grand mirage there and 5 nights at the Hard Rock here in Kuta.

We’ve got 2 young kids aged 6 and 8 so obviously it’s factored around them but depending on your itinerary, there’s lots of thing to do for not much cost.
    We’ve spent all day today at waterbom water park in Kuta today with loads of amazing slides and pools. I think we’ve spent about £100 on Park entry, drinks all day and lunch for 4. Also taxis each way we’re about £1.50

Kuta is the place to be for a drunken night out, (I’ve not had too many opportunities to sample it yet 😉)
    Legian and Seminyak are a bit more upmarket. Seminyak has a lot of exclusive beach clubs with all day drinking and pools and such. Entry is free to all.

Ubud is bit more for the culture, as well as a few more of the places to the north of the island. There are safari’s, a zoo and monkey excursions here. I’m not sure how ethically they are run though.

This island is the Aussies version of going to Ibiza or one of our package holidays, so there’s always loads of them here.
    streets around Kuta are full of market stalls selling Knock off versions of everything from trainers to handbags. You have to barter them down though from whatever they quote you.

It’s a good holiday place with some amazing scenery and can be done for not too much £ once here.

If you want any other assistance, my sister in law is Balinese, so I’ll ask her for any advice.
    Ha ha. Your be drawing a pension when your kids become teenagers :-😊
    hope you are well mate

as for crooked, you seem to have a short memory of working with CL and your times at LE 😊
    Cheeky sod! I’m not as old as all of you lot! 😉😂😂

Wont be far off it though and certainly feel like it now days mate.

Was some good days back on the LEB and old ‘fingers’ always seemed to get his hands on something or other 😂 

Remember all that bloody wine!🍷 😂
  • Options
    I keep misreading the title of this thread as ‘Ball’. I then assume it’s the first episode in a training guide for our flagging team with further episodes ‘Goal’, ‘Defending’ etc. Anyhow, I love Bali and Indonesians but not Indonesian Law, which you should know about if you’re not married.
  • Options
    Ever been to Bali Charlie? 
  • Options
    Ijen Crater and Mount Bromo in Java are easily accessible from Bali and would be great to visit imo.
  • Options
    staying in seminyak for the beach for a few nights and then a really nice place just outside ubud as well. Any recommendations for food would be great and maybe activities?
  • Options
    We stayed in Seminyak (a few years ago) in the Oberoi next to KU DE TA which is good for grub and drinks
  • Options
    staying in seminyak for the beach for a few nights and then a really nice place just outside ubud as well. Any recommendations for food would be great and maybe activities?
    Fire, Uma Garden and Plantation Grill in Seminyak are all really nice. 

How old are you though? Do you want recommendations for more chilled vibe places, or lively bar/night club places?
  • Options
    There's a really nice restaurant in Ubud, down the road from Monkey forest. As much about the ambience as the food. It has a courtyard which is behind the temple which is part of the restaurant, and there's also a connected art gallery. All owned by one family. So suggest you go in the evening, and only go if it's not raining, and ask to sit out back, not in the main restaurant. The old guy will probably be painting while you're there as well.  It's called Ibu Rai which I believe was the name of the lady who founded it many years ago. We bought one of the paintings he was working on while we were there. 

The website is a bit rubbish but you can find it on google.

• Options
    Batik in Seminyak was very good for food. Lacasita in Ubud was also very good - by far the best Mexican food I’ve ever had and in Bali of all places.
  • Options
    You are all very easily pleased. 

I’ve been on bail a few times and thought it was shit. 

Each to their own I suppose. 
    I've never gone back to somewhere that I thought was shit. Each to their own.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think that's a whoosh...
  • Options
    arny23394 said:
    Batik in Seminyak was very good for food. Lacasita in Ubud was also very good - by far the best Mexican food I’ve ever had and in Bali of all places.
    Spice Mantra in Seminyak is another id recommend
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Fire, Uma Garden and Plantation Grill in Seminyak are all really nice. 

How old are you though? Do you want recommendations for more chilled vibe places, or lively bar/night club places?
    Looking for more chilled please! But early 30s
  • Options
    Boom said:
    We stayed in Seminyak (a few years ago) in the Oberoi next to KU DE TA which is good for grub and drinks
    Stayed at the Oberoi a few times and back again next year … great place