Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***Video*** - Charlton Athletic and the fight for the club's future

Comments

• Options
    What a brilliant video.

Absolutely proud to be part of this football family!

Well done all.

• Options
    On a train so not yet watched the video but assume it is by the reporter who was on the coach to Belgium?

A decent chap and true football fan, especially if his write up for us is positive after we smashed his team twice this season (he's a gasshead)
  • Options
    Stig said:

Absolutely brilliant video!

There is a certain irony that the two papers that are slated on here the most, The Guardian and The Mail, are the two that have published the most in support of ordinary Charlton fans.

Stig said:

Absolutely brilliant video!

There is a certain irony that the two papers that are slated on here the most, The Guardian and The Mail, are the two that have published the most in support of ordinary Charlton fans.

Very true.
  • Options
    Oh my goodness.
  • Options
    Great stuff and thanks to those who spoke with quite dignity and passion but he's still here. I'll be there on Sunday.
  • Options
    Brilliant video.
  • Options
    Loved the guy with the short ginger hair and the glasses (that looked a bit like Alf Garnett) having a rant on the microphone in Belgium.

(My round I suppose mate?).
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Loved the guy with the short ginger hair and the glasses (that looked a bit like Alf Garnett) having a rant on the microphone in Belgium.

(My round I suppose mate?).

Yes!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Superb timing for our final push of this season this Sunday. Not sure if that was planned but surely this will get a few more foot soldiers against Swindon.
  • Options
    Excellent video. Measured, factual and appropriate. I'm away Sunday but hope it all goes well.
  • Options
    Excellent video from the Guardian. Great timing for this Sunday
  • Options

My mojo for continuing the protests outside the ground was flagging before watching this video and now I can say I have been well and truly energised by it. I was going to turn up to protest as and when before the game on Sunday. Now I will get there that bit earlier. Well done whoever put this together and well done for re-inspiring fans like me.

This post sums up exactly how I feel. I will be there on Sunday
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Brilliant video. Ordinary fans striving to restore the heart and soul of our great club. More power to the protests.
    What a contrast to the stupid, snivelling, self-interested apologists. Shame on each and every one of you. In particular the saddo who pathetically attempts to ingratiate himself with the CEO. She probably thinks less of him than we do. (if she ever thinks of him at all)
  • Options
    Cant see how anyone could criticise this video.

Eloquently spoken proper fans trying to make a difference.

Well done to The Guardian.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Succint and powerful (strings on a soundtrack can do that to a film). I do hope KM and the SMT do bother to watch and not dismiss open handedly as I can picture them doing. And I hope that if they do watch it they realise how utterly wrong their way has been. If they stay may this sort of thing guide them going forwards but preferably they would just realise they have to go.
  • Options
    very very good film
  • Options
    A classy film which can only gain extra support from across football.
  • Options
    South London Pride. I just feel in awe of some of our fans. It isn't going to end until he's gone. I feel a lump in my throat whenever I see our club being spoken of in such terms of endearment.

We all feel the same pain. Sadly the only one now not feling it is the cause.
  • Options
    what a great video , shows we are committed we are a family . this is so much more than being about our club our beloved Charlton this is about our history our beloved game , the football league are not interested , the FA dont give a shit because we are not a premier league team . our protest group are the best in the country . We have to join with others and get this fit and proper person act looked into . The league and FA cant run themselves so they have no interest in us , Maybe they should take a leaf out of our protest group and have a common cause . There is so much money going around in the game if we dont watch out it will kill it
  • Options
    Superb.

Some very eloquent and insightful comments from those interviewed - well done folks!
  • Options

I love Heather's analogy of a football club being like a listed building.

I wish I'd said that.

(Don't worry, Henry, you will, you will)

You're not the only one. Heather really hit the nail on the head there.