Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Swindon 30.4.17 post-match views

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:

PWR

Pretty pointless trying any kind of analysis now, it's so last season.

Swindon were poor we were able to stroll around prettily and win.

However for me by far the most interesting thing was Aaron barnes' debut. Aaron actually did not touch the ball at all, but having watched his progress as a young player, and having got to know Dr Barnes (Aaron's dad) in recent months I want to say I am delighted for him.

He did touch the ball. He looked quite elegant while on it, but his attempted through ball was intercepted.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

A statement of intent would be to sign da Silva on a permanent contract. Loans are pretty unsatisfying.

He's got to be way too highly rated at Chelsea for something like that, and he has enough talent to go to a team above us. Captained England U-18s or 19s, can't remember which, over the last international break. For now I'd just be happy keeping ahold of Konsa.
  • Options

Heard a rumour that the young striker from Arsenal may be back on a season long loan and also heard a couple of potential signings were sitting in the stand watching - apparently Robinson confirmed this?

Expecting yet another large turn over of players. All loanees gone never to return. Konsa will no doubt be sold as well. As ever we will go into the summer with a load of "positive" background noise, but we all know if these clowns are here come August the squad will have 5 goalkeepers, 7 centrebacks, 1 winger and a striker.

If we keep Holmes, and get Mavididi back, it's at least a start.
    But not holding my breath about getting a decent sized squad together.

I waited until the last match of the season to make a correct prediction. Mind you, I normally guess 4-3 or 3-4.

• Options
    Amazed at how many people/ pro players that don't realise that a free kick in your own area has to leave the area before another player can touch it, just like a goal kick.

Twice Swindon had to retake free kicks because of this.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure I saw Konsa before the game, in his car around 11:30 in a traffic jam in Floyd Road. Does he have a BMW X4 or X6?
  • Options
    Kr will be happy 5 games unbeaten. Just a day catching up with me mates and arranging close season beers.
  • Options

I'm pretty sure I saw Konsa before the game, in his car around 11:30 in a traffic jam in Floyd Road. Does he have a BMW X4 or X6?

He was at the ground to collect young player of the year award

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cambridge said:

On a mildly positive note, I sat behind KR today and genuinely liked the atmosphere he has generated with the players and staff. Thought his discussions with Bowyer were good, his comments to the players during the game were useful and there was (agreed end of season helped) enjoyment. Always think players smiling and enjoying football helps.

That was also the Chris Powell way.
  • Options
    Ezri Konsa said to me earlier re the sit down protest near by he west stand entrance car park. "They're childish man. Sitting down." I explained it was a protest and he tutted. He almost missed the award ceremony before the game. Almost.
  • Options
    Funny old game really, nice win against a broken side who should have scored once or twice, good protests good company and first class brandy.
  • Options
    Arrived early for the protest and it was pretty big, about 2k in the car park and another 500 or so behind the covered end, with many wearing black and white clobber; hmm more than 2% that's for sure! Not overly hostile - I kept wondering what the atmosphere would have been like if we were relegated! The balloons were surreal, broke up play once and kept floating on down all game really.
    The match was fairly forgettable even though we scored three times. I though our goals were a bit soft, bouncing past their goalie. For once we didn't hit the bar but they did early on. (Byrne gave away a really stupid free kick.)
    I hope we keep Holmes but actually think he is a Championship player. I truly hope Dasilva will play for us again - he is so intelligent and skilful. Can't we send Croft's to one of Roly's sub teams? Lovely to see Jacko get the reception he deserved.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Bit of a meh! game. Always nice to see a win. Played some nice stuff at times and shame Jacko didn't score. Highlight was Da Silva stopping the ball from going out with his back...!
  • Options
    Anyone else think their number 11 Brophy stood out in a very poor side ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Definately - would be a god addition.
  • Options
    Well yes. Buying Swindon players has done us nothing but good in the past ;-)
  • Options

smudge7946smudge7946
    April 29
    3-0 Charlton.
    The groundwork for next years title are being laid now. We are going to do a Leicester with or without RD.
    Flag Quote · Like LOL

My second correct prediction of the month.

And as they say, even a broken clock is right twice a day.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

A statement of intent would be to sign da Silva on a permanent contract. Loans are pretty unsatisfying.

I doubt we could afford his wages. He's probably on at least £200,000 a year at Chelski.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

Had to laugh at the police walkie talkie message overheard behind the West Stand. "There's a woman with a pushchair with an effigy of the owner hidden inside who has been spotted in the car park ... make sure she is apprehended before she gets inside ..."

But really how is this a police matter? Surely maintaining law and order, can extend to upholding freedom of speech.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Ezri Konsa said to me earlier re the sit down protest near by he west stand entrance car park. "They're childish man. Sitting down." I explained it was a protest and he tutted. He almost missed the award ceremony before the game. Almost.

He'll be doing a lot of sitting down if he does indeed go to Liverpool!
    Where's this come from? There's no way he's at a level to go to Liverpool. Think of how good Gomez was and then compare Konsa to that.
  • Options

I was quite impressed at first but then noticed that despite his good ball skills he got no penetration.
  • Options

sammy391 said:

Where's this come from? There's no way he's at a level to go to Liverpool. Think of how good Gomez was and then compare Konsa to that.
    There had been rumours out today that konsa was leaving, then read on the 'other site' that potentially Liverpool!
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

sammy391 said:

There had been rumours out today that konsa was leaving, then read on the 'other site' that potentially Liverpool!
    Liverpool can't be that daft......
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

Definately - would be a god addition.
    Praise indeed.