Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Keith Peacock

13»

Comments

• Options

I was later, joined the infants in 1963 and left Juniors in 1969. Am sure it was Keith who did one session when I must have been around eight or nine, but as I said was not into football then so may be mistaken. He was small and dark like Keith, and played for Charlton though.

Lucky you.
    Mind you, I was so shy back in those days I probably would have been too scared to speak to him
  • Options
    Trouble is, I was not interested in football then, so didn't appreciate him doing it until it was too late. Like you, I would have been too scared to ask for an autograph anyway.
  • Options
    Sounds like he's going to become a Great-Grandfather if he isnt already

Just seen a tweet from Gavin showing a photo of his Son and partner announcing it
  • Options

Just seen a tweet from Gavin showing a photo of his Son and partner announcing it
    Tis true, his son Jake and wife Christa are expecting.
    Check out Jakes kick boxing And MMA career, he is an outstanding athlete and top fella.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Check out Jakes kick boxing And MMA career, he is an outstanding athlete and top fella.
    Isn't he the one-armed chap?

The guy is a machine
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Greenie said:

Isn't he the one-armed chap?

The guy is a machine
    Yes he is, I have a vested interest, before they  moved to Canada I used to teach and grade Jake and his sister Ava in the traditional MAs, both Gavin, Keith and the family used to come to all the gradings and tournaments and support all the kids. Smashing family.
    Jake opened Dunamis MAs in Canada and is very successful. Despite his disability he is rolling over everyone in his way In the kickboxing and MMA rings. Great spirit and dedication. 
  • Options
    First saw him play when he was a boy being nurtured by Eddie Firmani .. the epitome of a one club loyalist as a player .. we'll forgive him his time managing the Kent small fry and working for his friend St Llewellyn at the Hammers
    He predates Curbs at West Ham, as he was actually brought there by Pardew!
    so he'd left before Curbs arrived there ?
    Answering a very old question, I'm pretty sure Pardew brought Peacock to West Ham, and when Pardew was sacked he stayed on and ended up working with Curbs and Day again.

Pardew spoke highly of Peacock.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He played some great games for Charlton, the one that stands out for me is when Keith Newton ( Blackburn) had just received his call up as England full back to go to the 1970 world cup with England, we then played Blackburn at home and Keith turned Newton inside out so many times it took them weeks to undo the knots. 
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    He played some great games for Charlton, the one that stands out for me is when Keith Newton ( Blackburn) had just received his call up as England full back to go to the 1970 world cup with England, we then played Blackburn at home and Keith turned Newton inside out so many times it took them weeks to undo the knots. 
    I remember that game well, KP gave a masterclass in wing play, KP was an exceptional player.
    Happy birthday Keith, 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Met him at a friends funeral yesterday. He was looking very well and was convinced that we would bounce back again soon. Such a nice fellow - thought people may be interested as there were some concerns re his health posted on here recently. A true Charlton legend.

Saw Keith walking his dog in Bexley yesterday looking as fit as ever.
    That's great. 

How was Keith looking though? 
    Ruff.
  • Options
    Met him at a friends funeral yesterday. He was looking very well and was convinced that we would bounce back again soon. Such a nice fellow - thought people may be interested as there were some concerns re his health posted on here recently. A true Charlton legend.
    Charlton from top to toe.
  • Options
    Spoke to him a few times when i had the opportunity to have a day in his lounge at the Sunderland game. Was limping a bit but was on good form throughout the day.
  • Options
    Lovely man, a true gent