Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brian Cassey - photographer

2»

Comments

• Options
    I reckon the first photo is v Hereford in about 72/73. The first season I got a S/T and had one every season since.

I must be at the front of the East Terrace with my dad behind me. I was definitely there.
  • Options
    McCartney said:

I remember Brian well from the early 70's as I used to stand to the right (looking out to the pitch) of the goal at what's now the Jimmy Seed sand and his position was usually just in front. He used to give away a few of those glossy pictures that looked like they'd just been developed to us kids down the front and I'm sure of I had one of Barry Endean scoring against Watford. Nice fellow.

Ahh, Barry Endean, scored for watford against Liverpool in cup quarter final in 1970, then came to us with high expectations, took a year to score that goal against Watford, which I think was an anniversary game
  • Options
    @casseyb some great memories from my early days watching Charlton (before I would call myself a supporter). The horizontal stripes v Millwall, can you remmeber were they black and green?
  • Options
    ... now you're asking Kap10 :-) ... should have shot it in colour ;-) ... how about greeny black ?
    If I had to put money on it I would say black and blue ... which almost certainly means it was black and green. I should have the match program somewhere around in a safe place. It may mention it in there.
  • Options
    ... the players included in my afore mentioned photo gallery are Arthur Horsfield, Ray Treacy, Derek Hales, Keith Peacock, Mike Flanagan, Peter Reeves, Colin Powell, Bobby Hunt, Dickie Plumb, David Shipperly, Paul Davies, Barry Endean, Roger Smart (and more if you look close).
  • Options
    Great stuff Brian......many thanks.
    Use the forum and stay in touch.
  • Options
    Black & green was our away kit (I thought).

I remember many of those photos from the programmes.