Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Club cricket thread

Comments

• Options
    PaddyP17 said:

AshBurton said:

PaddyP17 said:

Following on from my plea for players earlier in the week:

I'm the 4th team skipper. I had 18 (18!!!) available until last night. By contrast, the 1s and 2s both had seven. Everything is upside down.

We now all have eleven and one of the best bowlers at the club has "just become available" and it's really really really annoying that that's happened so late on. And we can't dick people around any more, so he's not playing.

Sigh. Why is the mechanics of club cricket side selection harder to understand than fucking quantum physics...

No, that must be a misunderstanding @PaddyP17, I'm definitely in the South of France this weekend...
    I was talking about Ash Jr. His flight leaves in two hours. Make sure he's at the airport safe and sound.
    Ash Junior unlikely to be going anywhere - he's too busy trying to interest the local girls in his googlies
  • Options
    Right then.

Who down Gravesend way fancies a game this Saturday? I had 12 men about two hours ago, now I have ten and the 3s have nine.

It's all rather falling apart at the seams. Let me know!
  • Options
    Sigh. Just when I'm thinking "ooh, I have a decent team here, we're in with a sniff", we were 76 all out this week.

Then again, having been 29-8, to get even that many was amazing. Credit to the CL Colfeians - between the three of us we scored 51 of the runs!

Couple of scalps for me in the reply as they won by 7 wickets. (Gonna pat myself on the back here and recite 8-5-11-2)

In unrelated news, I am looking for someone to coach our side on how to run between the wickets.
  • Options
    You didn't mention who got the other scalp :P
  • Options
    Can you bloody believe they batted me at 11 a few games ago?
  • Options
    Very true!

Leuth with 31* and the other wicket, so a creditable performance from us two.

Speaking of cricket mate - 1pm at the club please this Saturday!
  • Options
    First Sunday friendly game of the season, we were set 222 to win from 40 overs, myself and our opening bat were 189-0 off 30 overs, we were both dismissed within 3 balls of each other. We ended up 201-9 from 40 overs. I suddenly remembered why i only play league cricket....
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Sigh. Just when I'm thinking "ooh, I have a decent team here, we're in with a sniff", we were 76 all out this week.

Then again, having been 29-8, to get even that many was amazing. Credit to the CL Colfeians - between the three of us we scored 51 of the runs!

Couple of scalps for me in the reply as they won by 7 wickets. (Gonna pat myself on the back here and recite 8-5-11-2)

In unrelated news, I am looking for someone to coach our side on how to run between the wickets.

Not sure what you mean Paddy - I ran the first two and a half runs of the very easy three perfectly. Admittedly I may have dawdled a bit for the remaining half a run, as I didn't expect an Exocet missile to be launched from 60 yards away and score a direct hit on my stumps. **Hangs head in shame**
  • Options
    AshBurton said:

PaddyP17 said:

Not sure what you mean Paddy - I ran the first two and a half runs of the very easy three perfectly. Admittedly I may have dawdled a bit for the remaining half a run, as I didn't expect an Exocet missile to be launched from 60 yards away and score a direct hit on my stumps. **Hangs head in shame**
    That's not even what I meant! Rather, the run-out that brought me to the crease, our overseas pro happening to be a massive ball-watcher, the club chairman having a tendency to set off without calling, and my own general, erm, reluctance to run...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

First Sunday friendly game of the season, we were set 222 to win from 40 overs, myself and our opening bat were 189-0 off 30 overs, we were both dismissed within 3 balls of each other. We ended up 201-9 from 40 overs. I suddenly remembered why i only play league cricket....

12 runs off 10 overs losing 9 wickets after that start has got to be some sort of record collapse /fuck up
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

AshBurton said:

PaddyP17 said:

That's not even what I meant! Rather, the run-out that brought me to the crease, our overseas pro happening to be a massive ball-watcher, the club chairman having a tendency to set off without calling, and my own general, erm, reluctance to run...
    Haha, I know, still very embarrassed though...
  • Options

12 runs off 10 overs losing 9 wickets after that start has got to be some sort of record collapse /fuck up
    It was quite impressive to watch, the captain hasn't uploaded the game to play cricket yet, i'll post it on here when he has
  • Options
    We've made the playoffs in LMS, first game is tonight. Best season we've had as a team. On a personal level I've been terrible.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Very true!

shame i missed out on meeting you ....i didnt play on saturday although the CCCC skip is a charlton fan

must admit it quite an achievement to be run out by any of our team ...its comfortably the worst fielding side i

have ever seen
  • Options
    lolwray said:

PaddyP17 said:

Very true!

shame i missed out on meeting you ....i didnt play on saturday although the CCCC skip is a charlton fan

must admit it quite an achievement to be run out by any of our team ...its comfortably the worst fielding side i

have ever seen
    Ask about Assad's run out. It was phenomenal. Shame we didn't cross paths this season!
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

lolwray said:

PaddyP17 said:

Very true!

have ever seen
    Ask about Assad's run out. It was phenomenal. Shame we didn't cross paths this season!
    that explains it Assad is just a kid compared to the rest !
  • Options
    lolwray said:

PaddyP17 said:

Very true!

have ever seen
    Thanks @lolwray - that really makes me feel a whole load better about my run out !

Yes, shame you missed our encounter - we had at least 6 Charlton fans on our side on Saturday plus - bizarrely - one Bristol Rovers fan. Had a good chat with your skipper Chris about Charlton.
  • Options
    AshBurton said:

lolwray said:

PaddyP17 said:

Very true!

have ever seen
    Thanks @lolwray - that really makes me feel a whole load better about my run out !

Yes, shame you missed our encounter - we had at least 6 Charlton fans on our side on Saturday plus - bizarrely - one Bristol Rovers fan. Had a good chat with your skipper Chris about Charlton.
    Glad you bonded with Chris re Charlton ...Chris and i went through school together from the age of 5 -18 so we are good pals ...the bloke who scratches around and doesnt hit anything forward of square who got 22 not out out was also in our class at school from 11-18 ..hes a chelsea fan ...he had the honour of accompanying me and chris to the infamous 4-1 drubbing of Chelsea (1977 was it ?) ..he got some stick that night ...

best wishes to you all at OCCC for the rest of the season
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    lolwray said:

AshBurton said:

lolwray said:

PaddyP17 said:

Very true!

have ever seen

Glad you bonded with Chris re Charlton ...Chris and i went through school together from the age of 5 -18 so we are good pals ...the bloke who scratches around and doesnt hit anything forward of square who got 22 not out out was also in our class at school from 11-18 ..hes a chelsea fan ...he had the honour of accompanying me and chris to the infamous 4-1 drubbing of Chelsea (1977 was it ?) ..he got some stick that night ...

best wishes to you all at OCCC for the rest of the season
    Ah fantastic! I think even by Rich's standards, he was slow - I bowled four consecutive maidens at him before he finally got off the mark... My figures for the first four overs were 4-4-0-1 haha.
  • Options
    Yep, at 2 for 1 off 8 overs, we thought you might still run out of overs chasing 77 off 49.
  • Options
    In my sons semi final u11 match South Loughton v Wanstead his team managed to get 7 run outs out of the 9 wickets that fell in the 20 over match they won comfortably 135 against prolly 70
  • Options
    Desperate times.

Anyone want to play for me instead of going to the match tomorrow? I'm on nine...

@Chizz , @cantersaddick , @ WHOEVER ELSE PLEEEEAAAASSSSEEEE :cry:
  • Options
    Lost our first game (T20) after a three game unbeaten run on Wednesday night to our bogie team who have now beaten us three times in a row. Annoyingly we've beaten much better teams than them this season. We finished 105-7 to their 151-6.

Batting figures for me weren't great, most of my runs coming off their wide bowling - just 14 off 25 balls. Bowling better though, 1-13 off two overs.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Yeah, we really can't afford to concede this one. Possibly our last winnable game too...and possibly my last game of the season (these facts are largely unrelated)
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Desperate times.

Anyone want to play for me instead of going to the match tomorrow? I'm on nine...

@Chizz , @cantersaddick , @ WHOEVER ELSE PLEEEEAAAASSSSEEEE :cry:

Sorry got the girlfriends mums birthday celebrations this weekend... I can't get out of it. I've already turned down 2 local teams. Sorry.
  • Options
    For those that haven't heard what happened yesterday in the Kent Village game between Egerton and Littlebourne match yesterday, prepare to either admire or despair at the "bullyin" tactics employed by the Littlebourne opener and captain:

littlebourne.play-cricket.com/website/results/2884355