Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Number of continents

If you were asked how many continents in the world, what would your initial answer be without checking?

Comments

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Didn't they decide to name a new continent. One that is under the sea somewhere or something
  • Options
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Well, 7 although some people put Europe and Asia together to make Eurasia. That doesn't make sense to me as America should be one continent, I think.
  • Options

Please please someone sign some players or buy the club

The thread is 'Number of continents' not number of contents. Clearly, you're a malcontent.
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Asia, Africa, North America, South America, Antarctica, Europe, and Australia.
  • Options
    Another vote for 7
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    7. What else would the answer be?
  • Options
    7. Wow, we're bored tonight!
  • Options
    Not having any of this Eurasia shit
  • Options
    How are North and South America two separate continents.

That's bollocks.
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

Australasia you mean... Australia is a country on its own whereas the former includes New Zealand and the Pacific Islands
    Yeah, or Oceania.
    Sure I've seen before that most other countries teach it as Australia though.
  • Options

That's bollocks.

Texas is bigger than most of Europe
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

MrOneLung said:

Australasia you mean... Australia is a country on its own whereas the former includes New Zealand and the Pacific Islands
    No I mean Australia

Australasia / Oceania are names given to include countries such as New Zealand that are not geographically part of any continent.

Hawaii for instance is another place not geographically part of any continent
  • Options
    Yep it is officially called Australia now. I used to call it Oceania or Australasia but have since been corrected.
  • Options
    6 remember this from the risk board game
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    7 officially, as listed by Mr One Lung. Geographically that's a bit Eurocentric and maybe 'Eurasia' should be regarded as one.

Not forgetting Harwich for the continent, and Frinton for the incontinent.
  • Options
    This was how we were taught it back in the plus plus good days

• Options

That's bollocks.

It was only one and then they built the Panama Canal and cut it in half. :smile:
    BTW, if you are sailing from the Pacific to the Atlantic on the Panama Canal, which direction are you travelling in?
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

That's bollocks.

It was only one and then they built the Panama Canal and cut it in half. :smile:
    BTW, if you are sailing from the Pacific to the Atlantic on the Panama Canal, which direction are you travelling in?
    Whichever way the boat is pointing :smile:
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

That's bollocks.

North West as the land sort of jackknifes back on itself