Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Email sent to FA (UPDATE: - Reply received from FA)

Comments

• Options

I think things should stay on a non personal level, how many on here would be up in arms if someone wrote a letter to a prospective employer such as this. My view will prob be in the minority but this is a step to far for me.

If I were as shit at my job as she is I doubt anyone would be 'up in arms' if I were grassed up for going for another job in the same genre.

Plus, from a female perspective, I want a women in the FA to represent me, a real football fan who is passionate about the game & wants to see it progress. Not some dozy Doris who hasn't the first idea about football.
    But you would be, you would be up in arms and quite rightly so.
    Errrrr no I wouldn't because I wouldn't be stupid enough to go for a job I wasn't remotely qualified for or any good at.

But thanks for thinking you know my own mind eh?!?!!
    Really your offered a job with money and perks beyond what your currently on and you would not go for it. Fair enough I stand corrected and apologise.

Also given that we do not know KM JDs for all we know she may be doing a wonderful job from the point of view of her employers, Charlton. If she applied for this position at the FA her reference would be Charlton her employers. I don't think its anyone's place to put forward a view which, potentially, effects a persons livelihood. My understanding was the various groups aim was to force the owner to sale, if this presumption is the case I fail to see how this letter corresponds with their aims ?

Anyway someone's performance at their job is not a black and white subject. Ask my boss an honest answer about what they think of me and she will tell you im a' C**t' ask her who generates the most income (the function of my role) and she would tell you it was me by a country mile. Whether someone is doing a good job depends on what there job actually is from our point of view KM may well be the anti Christ, that does not mean from the point of view of her employer she is failing at her job.

Like I said I was sure my opinion would be in the minority but that's never stopped me expressing it.
    The only thing which would affect a persons livelihood as you call it is surely how well they have performed in roles relevant to those they are being considered for, giving facts about poor performance potentially helps the person in question from being over-promoted and losing their livelihood pdq.
    If thats the way you look at it for play
  • Options

I think things should stay on a non personal level, how many on here would be up in arms if someone wrote a letter to a prospective employer such as this. My view will prob be in the minority but this is a step to far for me.

If I were as shit at my job as she is I doubt anyone would be 'up in arms' if I were grassed up for going for another job in the same genre.

Plus, from a female perspective, I want a women in the FA to represent me, a real football fan who is passionate about the game & wants to see it progress. Not some dozy Doris who hasn't the first idea about football.
    Errrrr no I wouldn't because I wouldn't be stupid enough to go for a job I wasn't remotely qualified for or any good at.

Really your offered a job with money and perks beyond what your currently on and you would not go for it. Fair enough I stand corrected and apologise.

Also given that we do not know KM JDs for all we know she may be doing a wonderful job from the point of view of her employers, Charlton. If she applied for this position at the FA her reference would be Charlton her employers. I don't think its anyone's place to put forward a view which, potentially, effects a persons livelihood. My understanding was the various groups aim was to force the owner to sale, if this presumption is the case I fail to see how this letter corresponds with their aims ?

Anyway someone's performance at their job is not a black and white subject. Ask my boss an honest answer about what they think of me and she will tell you im a' C**t' ask her who generates the most income (the function of my role) and she would tell you it was me by a country mile. Whether someone is doing a good job depends on what there job actually is from our point of view KM may well be the anti Christ, that does not mean from the point of view of her employer she is failing at her job.

Like I said I was sure my opinion would be in the minority but that's never stopped me expressing it.
    The only thing which would affect a persons livelihood as you call it is surely how well they have performed in roles relevant to those they are being considered for, giving facts about poor performance potentially helps the person in question from being over-promoted and losing their livelihood pdq.
    Just as well you didn't see fit to play YOUR part in the numerous, innovative & ballsy ways that the protesters, whichever guise they operate under, are continuing to fight the good fight against our current oppressers...

The sweet FA would surely have binned anything you penned, pieman.

I can only guess at your meaning in the above.

" If THAT'S the way you look at it, FAIR play" ?
  • Options
    Great letter from WAR. Well done.
  • Options

I can't see how WAR, CARD or even the B20 can be described as militant.

I actually think we have been too nice and need to get a bit more in their faces. They have got off lightly. ........ so far.

Knocking on the door of KM parents, that is militant is it not ?
    Definition of militant in English:

militant
    ADJECTIVE

Favouring confrontational or violent methods in support of a political or social cause.

Well the reports we received on this encounter did not give the impression that they were either confrontational or violent in method. So no, I don't believe it was militant.
    If knocking on the door of someone parents is not confrontational im not sure what is. Ive upset many people at work and if one of those people knockes on my parents door i would find it very confrontational. If you in the same position would not find it confrontational fair play to you.
    Well apparently there was no confrontation, so there's little to discuss.
  • Options
    Brilliant letter WAR. Exactly what you are there for has much more force coming from them!
  • Options
    As regards WAR, I assumed they were formed as a response to both KM and RD trying to claim all criticism of the terrible work KM is doing was purely down to her gender.
    And just on the basis of this being a personal attack, while I wouldn't be gratefull to third parties writing to my boss about the poor job I was doing, I doubt many people would still be in a job having done the sort of things Katrien has achieved. Is she now beyond complaint? Cushy number if so.
  • Options

Just as well you didn't see fit to play YOUR part in the numerous, innovative & ballsy ways that the protesters, whichever guise they operate under, are continuing to fight the good fight against our current oppressers...

Think everyone is entitled to an opinion i have given mine. Attacking someone on a personal levwl is a step to far in my view.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Yes.
    I was constantly told to go for promotion in my previous existence but I chose to stay as an Indian & not a chief as I felt my qualities were better suited to it.
    Plus, I'm awful at telling people exactly what I thought of them. Apparently that's frowned upon when in managerial situations.
    But as I'm just a lowly goat farmer now, I can say what I like now.

I agree with your boss.

Express away :-D
    If you agree with my boss thats your opinion, ive never felt the need to speak in such derogoraty terms bur each to their own
  • Options

Northstandpieeater,

It isn't an attack on a personal level though is it? The letter describes her professional ineptitude. Given that, as football supporters, we will be effected by FA decisions it seems perfectly reasonable that those who have already suffered from her gross professional incompetence tell the FA of her record of alienating her own club's supporters, driving down attendances, insulting supporters and failure to learn from her mistakes etc.

• Options
    For me its making the protest personal and also serves no purpose in forcing rhw owner out. I upset a lot of people in my line of work a lot of people and if one of those wrote to a prospectice employer. Whilst i would never begrudge them complainjng about my conduct if one of those wrote to a prospextice employer im sorry i would not be alright with that.
  • Options

For me its making the protest personal and also serves no purpose in forcing rhw owner out. I upset a lot of people in my line of work a lot of people and if one of those wrote to a prospectice employer. Whilst i would never begrudge them complainjng about my conduct if one of those wrote to a prospextice employer im sorry i would not be alright with that.

Latrine made it personal when she started messing with our football club and our way of life.
  • Options
    Okay thats fine but still does not change my opinion.
  • Options
    even if the letter was making it personal, which I don't think it does, it wouldn't bother me. She has made it personal by stopping me going to football every week with my parents and meeting up with my brother, nephew and many friends. if that ain't making it personal then what is?
  • Options

even if the letter was making it personal, which I don't think it does, it wouldn't bother me. She has made it personal by stopping me going to football every week with my parents and meeting up with my brother, nephew and many friends. if that ain't making it personal then what is?

I was not aware she had banned you from charlton games and do not know the circumstances surrounding your ban so cant really make a comment on the matter
  • Options

I was not aware she had banned you from charlton games and do not know the circumstances surrounding your ban so cant really make a comment on the matter
    I can't make up my mind if that is a serious comment or you are just being antagonistic and looking for a response so you can post some more inane drivel.

• Options

I can't make up my mind if that is a serious comment or you are just being antagonistic and looking for a response so you can post some more inane drivel.

Insane drivel. I see any person that expresses a minority opinion has that opinion labelled insane drivel. Sorry i thought this was an internet forum where one was able to express their views. Ive not on a single occassion been disrespectful to another member but hey insane drivel it is
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2017

I think it's at least possible that a main part of RD's purpose at Charlton is to provide career opportunities for KM. A lot of effort and money appears to be expended in this direction - notably in PR terms - while she has an unusual appetite for attending events and obtaining a profile in related areas that yield little obvious benefit to the club.

Most obviously, she is not held to account by RD for being useless at her job, despite the range of objective indicators all pointing in that direction and the anecdotal evidence from many who have had or continue to have personal dealings with her.

In these circumstances I think targeting her professional ambitions directly is entirely legitimate.

I was going to mention the enormous cost of the PR to cover her ineptitude but you beat me to it... However, that's one thing, but pumping millions into a loss making club (albeit as loans repayable to douchebag) is another. She'd have to be one special niece to spend 30/40/50M on her to advance her career.

I think, in truth, she implements the doughebag line and, as faar as he's concerned, probably does it quite well: his only interest being the player farm and the network, although the network seems to be crumbling before his eyes.

I guess that, now they've finally decided to go down the old established 'L1 experience/English manger' route, and it seems we're stuck with KR, we'll finally see her true worth(lessness) in the upcoming transfer window.

All in all, she seems to have kept a very low profile these past six months - since we got Rubbashow; although her muddy paws can still be seen over things like the POYR débacle.
  • Options

Think everyone is entitled to an opinion i have given mine. Attacking someone on a personal levwl is a step to far in my view.
    But that's not what the letter does. It highlights her professional failings, which are hardly off the table if she was under consideration for such a responsible public role.
  • Options
    Ive stated my opinion and my reasons for it and will leave it at that, its a minority view that I already knew but the world would be a very boring place if everyone agreed.
  • Options
    I see the FA is patting itself on the head for adopting the reforms http://www.thefa.com/news/2017/may/18/fa-governance-reforms-180517, but still no indication of how they will be implemented. I hope it won’t still be the “old boys’ network”. More transparency is needed if ever the FA are going to regain the trust and respect of the fans. (And of course, having a competitive national team would help…)

Our fans’ emails have had success in other areas, such as discouraging sponsorship of Roland’s Toxic Experiment, so there’s nothing to be lost by adding our weight behind WAR in asking for transparency on how the reforms are to be implemented.

If you are uncomfortable commenting on the gender issue at FA Board level, there will also be 11 new FA Committee positions to boost representation for ethnic minorities, the disabled community, fans groups and women's football. It would be interesting to know how these representatives are to be selected, especially since Charlton fans have a proud history of support in all these areas. Take your pick! It’s probably the NUMBER of emails received by the FA more than the detailed CONTENT which will matter.

Off to put my money where my mouth is & write my contribution!
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Just to add my tuppence worth. I have read and reread our WAR email and fail to see anything 'personal' in it. The rationale behind the formation of WAR has been ably cited on this thread both by my fellow WARriors (with some amusing asides) and others.
    As I have mentioned on other threads, I'm a fairly reserved type of person and prior to the 'Roland Out' campaign I have never taken part in any protest, demonstration or march for any other cause and thus have never been described or indeed would describe myself as militant.