Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Email sent to FA (UPDATE: - Reply received from FA)

Comments

• Options

I can't see how WAR, CARD or even the B20 can be described as militant.

I actually think we have been too nice and need to get a bit more in their faces. They have got off lightly. ........ so far.

Knocking on the door of KM parents, that is militant is it not ?
    Definition of militant in English:

militant
    ADJECTIVE

Favouring confrontational or violent methods in support of a political or social cause.

Well the reports we received on this encounter did not give the impression that they were either confrontational or violent in method. So no, I don't believe it was militant.
    If knocking on the door of someone parents is not confrontational im not sure what is. Ive upset many people at work and if one of those people knockes on my parents door i would find it very confrontational. If you in the same position would not find it confrontational fair play to you.
    "Knocking on the door" is not confrontational; what is said or done immediately thereafter may be considered confrontational. I wasn't there so cannot comment; you clearly were to make such a judgement. Perhaps you share your " doorstep experience" with us.

Well done WAR - keep up with the pressure please.
  • Options
    redman said:

For me its making the protest personal and also serves no purpose in forcing rhw owner out. I upset a lot of people in my line of work a lot of people and if one of those wrote to a prospectice employer. Whilst i would never begrudge them complainjng about my conduct if one of those wrote to a prospextice employer im sorry i would not be alright with that.

If I was an employer about to appoint some-one to a senior business in a customer facing business, and then received lots of letters and emails from my customers outlining her unsuitability i would certainly look into them and be grateful. Furthermore when we did appoint someone to a senior position we would try and seek assurances from key customers if they were known to them.
    1. Ive made my view I think attacking someone's potential lively hood/career path is wrong (I wont say any more on this as I've commented earlier in the thread)

2. The FA have not sought to 'seek' these views, its my understanding that WAR wrote to the FA off their own backs

3. This is a football club so lets use the terms customers as Meire has. It would be very hard to define WAR as being any more 'key' then any other fan that pays for a ticket. Everyone after all pays a similar amount for a season ticket. As everybody pays a similar amount WAR are no more a key customer then any other. There are views which are the polar opposite of WAR held by other 'customers' as long as you also sought the views of those customers to provide a balanced argument I could find no complaint in your recruiting organisation seeking the views of the customer base.
  • Options
    Is the role on the FA board an employed role as some are suggesting or a representative but unpaid role?
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    PeterGage said:

I actually think we have been too nice and need to get a bit more in their faces. They have got off lightly. ........ so far.

militant
    ADJECTIVE

Favouring confrontational or violent methods in support of a political or social cause.

Well the reports we received on this encounter did not give the impression that they were either confrontational or violent in method. So no, I don't believe it was militant.
    If knocking on the door of someone parents is not confrontational im not sure what is. Ive upset many people at work and if one of those people knockes on my parents door i would find it very confrontational. If you in the same position would not find it confrontational fair play to you.
    "Knocking on the door" is not confrontational; what is said or done immediately thereafter may be considered confrontational. I wasn't there so cannot comment; you clearly were to make such a judgement. Perhaps you share your " doorstep experience" with us.

Lets use an real life analogy I had an issue with an internet forum moderator. I had the persons name and I tracked them down on facebook, not very hard. We had a brief chat and the issue was resolved.

The alternative as I knew the persons name, I tracked down their mum and dad who live in another country, not sure how I would track them down as they live in another country, I travel to the other country and then knocked on their door to discuss the issue I had with their son.

If you feel me taking the hypothetical alternative approach, rather then the real life approach, was not confrontational we have very different view points in life.

• Options

Is the role on the FA board an employed role as some are suggesting or a representative but unpaid role?

I thought it was an unpaid role that you could only take if you were already involved in football.

IE Meire couldn't leave her Chalton role to take up this position at the FA.
  • Options
    Id imagine it was a paid role, I cannot see Meire wanting to take an unpaid position to be honest. A lot of people have paid roles as trustees on top of their day job. Id imagine that is what this is.
  • Options

PeterGage said:

militant
    ADJECTIVE

Lets use an real life analogy I had an issue with an internet forum moderator. I had the persons name and I tracked them down on facebook, not very hard. We had a brief chat and the issue was resolved.

The alternative as I knew the persons name, I tracked down their mum and dad who live in another country, not sure how I would track them down as they live in another country, I travel to the other country and then knocked on their door to discuss the issue I had with their son.

If you feel me taking the hypothetical alternative approach, rather then the real life approach, was not confrontational we have very different view points in life.

My understanding, but I am happy to be corrected, is that B20 leafleted a number of areas in Belgium, one of which included the residence of KM's parents; a consistent approach was thus taken over all homes leafleted in those areas. So in your eyes, the residents of all homes leafleted come into your "confrontational" interpretation?
  • Options

redman said:

For me its making the protest personal and also serves no purpose in forcing rhw owner out. I upset a lot of people in my line of work a lot of people and if one of those wrote to a prospectice employer. Whilst i would never begrudge them complainjng about my conduct if one of those wrote to a prospextice employer im sorry i would not be alright with that.

If I was an employer about to appoint some-one to a senior business in a customer facing business, and then received lots of letters and emails from my customers outlining her unsuitability i would certainly look into them and be grateful. Furthermore when we did appoint someone to a senior position we would try and seek assurances from key customers if they were known to them.
    1. Ive made my view I think attacking someone's potential lively hood/career path is wrong (I wont say any more on this as I've commented earlier in the thread)

2. The FA have not sought to 'seek' these views, its my understanding that WAR wrote to the FA off their own backs

3. This is a football club so lets use the terms customers as Meire has. It would be very hard to define WAR as being any more 'key' then any other fan that pays for a ticket. Everyone after all pays a similar amount for a season ticket. As everybody pays a similar amount WAR are no more a key customer then any other. There are views which are the polar opposite of WAR held by other 'customers' as long as you also sought the views of those customers to provide a balanced argument I could find no complaint in your recruiting organisation seeking the views of the customer base.
    There is nothing stopping the 'key' customers with polar opposite views also writing to the FA, WAR have made it quite clear who they are and do not purport to speak on anyone elses behalf.
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

PeterGage said:

militant
    ADJECTIVE

My understanding, but I am happy to be corrected, is that B20 leafleted a number of areas in Belgium, one of which included the residence of KM's parents; a consistent approach was thus taken over all homes leafleted in those areas. So in your eyes, the residents of all homes leafleted come into your "confrontational" interpretation?
    Mr President knocked on the door of Meire's parents and handed her father a leaflet.
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

PeterGage said:

militant
    ADJECTIVE

Your understanding differs to mine. My understanding is they knocked on the parents door and personally handed them a leaflet.

If someone is leafleting an entire area then no this is not confrontational. If it was a case of slipping a leaflet though the house in a randomly chosen area, presumably close to RD place of business, then no I would not see this as confrontational. No more confrontational then someone putting a leaflet though my door protesting against something in Catford. The fact that they happened to be picketing the very area KM parents live well lets call that coincidence.

If your understanding is correct they picketed an entire area and by coincidence knocked on the door of KM then no their actions were not confrontational, although if I was KM I would struggle to accept that the action was coincidence .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Looks like I'm right & it not a salaried role, unless it's changed in the last 3 years.

“People say 'what on earth are you doing on the FA board, isn’t it frustrating ?’ but it’s a great challenge,’’ said Devlin.
    “I don’t get paid for this. It’s a great honour and privilege."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/england/11196459/Revealed-What-life-is-like-inside-the-FA-boardroom.html
  • Options

redman said:

There is nothing stopping the 'key' customers with polar opposite views also writing to the FA, WAR have made it quite clear who they are and do not purport to speak on anyone elses behalf.
    Hello no there is not. my reply was in response to some saying a company should 'seek' the views of the customer base. Of course nothing stops other customers writing in but in terms of a company 'seeking' the views of a customer base then the recruiting company should ensure that the views it 'seeks' is a representative view should be taken across the board.
  • Options
    the FA can only take on board those views that are expressed to them. If they receive numerous letters advising them against employing a certain person and none suggesting that person would be good in the role then they have to draw their own conclusions from that.

Unannounced I have Jehovahs witnesses knocking on my door to speak to me. They ask me to take a leaflet, I do. Is that being confrontational?
  • Options
    If i was shit at my job and I was approaching a new position elsewhere , i'd accept that the people taking me on to the new position might find out i'm pony

If i was in a job and i'd pissed off thousands of punters and was useless , I think before anyone knocked on my parents door they would have pointed out what a bell i was but then the truth was never hidden in our household as much as it may hurt
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Here you go, it's on page 9 of this 12 page thread.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/73058/meires-parents-house-visited/p9

This is the post by Mr President in May 2016 - none of this is what I am saying !!!!!!!

Wow , just got home to this hailstorm. Must admit, I wasn’t expecting this reaction (obviously).

OK, must admit havnt read most of the posts on here- but notice there are 40 ‘likes’ – so for that I take it that 40 people agreed with the comments therein. Although I think, that generally there are probably :) more negative posts than positive .

There has been a massive over-reaction.

Let me explain what happened and the dialogue that happened at the house (I should know, coz as @jamescafc has mentioned (cheers mate :wink: ) ) I was there..…

Knocked on door, …

“Mr Meire ?” ……”yes”
    “ Do you know Katrien Meire?” ……. “……no”
    “ Ok, would you mind reading this literature re Katrien” ….”ok”
    Shake Hands…closes door, walks away.

Now, we had no idea at the time that it was her father, we simply knew that Meire lived at the address – it was only after perusing through some photos and searching the net that we established it was her father- and once we found out, we thought it best to get it out there.

Now,in hindsight, I probably agree with the sentiment of most of the posters that we over-stepped the mark, but there was never any intention of being aggressive or any intent to ambush or terrorise Mr Meire – to the contrary.

During the protests in Belgium we have always been fully respectful of the local people and police – even consulting with the Police on one occasion to determine what was acceptable.
    Now , it seems you all want to scapegoat me (and others) because of what was a simple engagement which was not sinister in any shape or form despite how it may seem portrayed on the OP.
  • Options
    Covered End, it's not all by a long chalk
  • Options
    Re the question of whether the FA Board is full/part time & paid/unpaid

http://www.thefa.com/about-football-association/who-we-are/structure
    It appears to me that the majority of the current board have other high-flying jobs, so I would say it is probably a part time appointment, and possibly very part time.
    I have no information about their pay, but would expect that at the very least they get generous expenses, and probably a healthy honorarium.
    My understanding of the reformed rules is that if the 3 professional and 3 amateur football representatives on the new board move out of the game they must retire (this is certainly true for the new FA Committee, but the article I read was ambiguous whether the board members were subject to the same condition)
    I think I read they would be able to serve a maximum of 3 x 3y terms, both board and committee.

I imagine somebody in KM's position would value a post at the FA more for the social kudos & business connections it would afford them, not to mention looking good on their CV, than for short term financial reasons.
    Of course there is also the possible motive of good old-fashioned altruism - I would be more inclined to move that up the pecking order if it were the Belgian FA we were discussing, but you never know, do you?
  • Options
    edited May 2017

LargeAddick, I have copied what Mr President said at the time. None of the above is anything to do with me !
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Anyway, if Mr President is to be believed (no reason why not), it wasn't confrontational and the FA position is not salaried.
    So I think the majority of what Northstandpieeater is saying is based on incorrect information.
  • Options
    so the person that knocked on the door believes he overstepped the mark. I have no more to say on the matter :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2017

so the person that knocked on the door believes he overstepped the mark. I have no more to say on the matter :)

I'm not surprised, as I've just proved it isn't effecting her livelihood, wasn't militant and wasn't confrontational !

Apart from that you're bang on the money.

Case dismissed.
  • Options

LargeAddick, I have copied what Mr President said at the time. None of the above is anything to do with me !
    apologies
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    N01R4M said:

"I have no more to say on the matter :) "
    Until you report your discussions on this forum elsewhere @Northstandpieeater ?
    Beware the Trojan Horse, friends!

Trojan Horse. FFS is a person not able to contribute to more then one forum. Seeing you have taken the time to check up on my activities elsewhere why don't you copy and paste my comments. Have I made any negative comments directed at a member of Charlton Life ? NO. Come on don't leave a statement open ended paste over all the incriminating evidence against me.

Ive given the same opinion there that I have here there is there anything wrong with that ??? Ive been quite consistent.

Seeing you are checking me out on other forums why don't you have a good look and see what you find. I think you will find that I have defended CARD quite staunchly over there.

Trojan Horse. Funny a Trojan Horse is from Greek Mythology and relates to a war time strategy. I do not believe the forums are at war are they ?? Considering ive defended both CARD and Cl over there many a time im a pretty useless Trojan horse if I don't know what side of the war im on !!!

Looking at it another way a Trojan Horse is a malicious computer virus. I challenge you to find one malicious comment ive made elsewhere and post it here. Just one go on see if you can friend

Sod me ive got a minority view and its implied im a Trojan Horse. Oh and btw going on your previous comment about me I can happily confirm you have misconstrued what I have said.
  • Options

N01R4M said:

"I have no more to say on the matter :) "
    Until you report your discussions on this forum elsewhere @Northstandpieeater ?
    Beware the Trojan Horse, friends!

Trojan Horse. FFS is a person not able to contribute to more then one forum. Seeing you have taken the time to check up on my activities elsewhere why don't you copy and paste my comments. Have I made any negative comments directed at a member of Charlton Life ? NO. Come on don't leave a statement open ended paste over all the incriminating evidence against me.

Ive given the same opinion there that I have here there is there anything wrong with that ??? Ive been quite consistent.

Seeing you are checking me out on other forums why don't you have a good look and see what you find. I think you will find that I have defended CARD quite staunchly over there.

Trojan Horse. Funny a Trojan Horse is from Greek Mythology and relates to a war time strategy. I do not believe the forums are at war are they ?? Considering ive defended both CARD and Cl over there many a time im a pretty useless Trojan horse if I don't know what side of the war im on !!!

Looking at it another way a Trojan Horse is a malicious computer virus. I challenge you to find one malicious comment ive made elsewhere and post it here. Just one go on see if you can friend

Sod me ive got a minority view and its implied im a Trojan Horse. Oh and btw going on your previous comment about me I can happily confirm you have misconstrued what I have said.
    I don't think you're a Trojan Horse, but I think you should try and obtain the facts before you spend days being overly critical.
  • Options
    1. Ive not been overly critical ive offered an opinion.
    2. Ive read the letter so am aware of the facts
  • Options
    Yes, a critical opinion. Anyway, life's too short, especially in light of this week's tragic events.
  • Options
    Sorry if I have "misconstrued" you @Northstandpieeater , as you have me!
    Absolutely nothing to do with computer viruses. I find tittle tattle & selective quoting mischievous. So I certainly will not be doing it myself. Others can look where I did if they are interested.
    I for one welcome all politely expressed views, minority or otherwise, if based on verifiable facts. However, I will reserve the right to draw different conclusions from those facts.

Please excuse me from contributing further to this thread this evening - I have a 4.5h drive ahead of me.
  • Options
    You wont be engaging in title tatle okay someone most have stolen you log in details when your username and implied i was a trojan horse.

Maybe you should delete the post if it was not you that engaged in title tatle in the first place.

Glad you only draw opinions on verifiable facts because the fact is i have defendws both this site and card very consistently on another site. Thats not my opinion by the way thats a verifiable fact.

• Options

Yes, a critical opinion. Anyway, life's too short, especially in light of this week's tragic events.

Sorry i did not realise one could only post if it was a positive opinion.

The site does have rules and if the moderaters decide to insert into them rules that you are only allowd to post positive opinions i shall delete my account. Until that rule is put into place i shall carry on as i am.