Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup final

Comments

• Options
    Well deserved victory for Arsenal. Great send off for Wenger, which may be his last game in charge for Arsenal.
  • Options
    Decent game, don't like Chelsea, don't like Arsenal but enjoyed it.
  • Options

Thanks for the logic @vff.Still think my dad will be turning in his grave.

Then again, he was cremated so maybe he will forgive me.

Great final. Just a shame about Murphy.

• Options
    They'll be dancing in the streets of Islington.
  • Options
    Me old mans a gooner so glad they won. They deserved it as well.
  • Options
    Great cup final. Wanted Chelsea to win. But happy for Arsene Wenger. Excellent refereeing performance.
  • Options
    Cue John Terry appearing on the open top bus parade....
  • Options

Can't believe I'm supporting Arsenal.

It's easy when they play Chelsea.
  • Options
    Wonder what those muggy c***s on Arsenal fan tv are saying now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Having gone off football somewhat in the last few years I thoroughly enjoyed that. Glad Terry leaves on a downer.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited May 2017
    1StevieG said:

13 cup final victories, so tough being an Arsenal supporter.
  • Options
    Wenger out
  • Options

Want to like / laugh at that comment at same time @Weegie Addick . Sure your dad understands.

Agree on Murphy. Terrible commentary, like he was such a great player, with all the criticism of what the players should & shouldn't be doing.

Good final & even better for Chelsea losing.
  • Options
    Really enjoyable cup final for a neutral fan and an excellent advert for English football. A bit of drama, sending off, 2 goals in a minute, end to end for the last half hour. Arsenal deserved to win in the end but made bloody hard work of it missing a shedload of opportunities to wrap it up.
  • Options
    vff said:

Want to like / laugh at that comment at same time @Weegie Addick . Sure your dad understands.

Agree on Murphy. Terrible commentary, like he was such a great player, with all the criticism of what the players should & shouldn't be doing.

Good final & even better for Chelsea losing.
    I switched over from bt sport to BBC and caught some of his wisdom "some players have good games some players have bad ones". If anyone will be turning in their grave it's Kenneth Wolstenholme.
  • Options
    (Posting without reading all)

Delighted for Arsenal, far and away the better side on the day. Had they won 6 - 1 Chelsea could not have complained.
    Didn't think the first goal should have been allowed though ................
  • Options
    So who won the goal of the cup?
    Nice to see Coombes/Welling in at number one.
  • Options
    Really entertaining game. The first Cup Final I have watched for many years when I haven't been flicking around or putting teletext on. (Yup, I still look at it!)

Wouldn't it be nice if we could somehow fluke our way to a Wembley Cup final. Sadly, I suspect it's never going to happen in my lifetime.
  • Options
    I did wonder how long it would take for someone to mock up a picture of Terry in an Arsenal shirt celebrating the victory!

Not long is the answer!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sm said:

You can take the boy out of Palarse but you cannot take Palarse out of the boy.

Well done Victor.

Once Palace always Palace

Apart from Powell.

The only one to escape Shithurst alive and well.
  • Options

So who won the goal of the cup?
    Nice to see Coombes/Welling in at number one.

Was Matic's goal in the Semi-Final of course... What they fail to realise is the goals from Coombes / Morgan (Curzon Ashton) are just as good (if not better) because they've been scored by players who are worth about 0.1% of the value of the Premier League players in the same goal competition
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Had to make her majesty a gin and tonic and missed two goals.

F*****g hell!! Don't take up bar work mate!! You'll be skint in no time!
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

So despise that 'phrase'! It's so 'muggy'!!
  • Options
    edited May 2017

1StevieG said:

So despise that 'phrase'! It's so 'muggy'!!
    Can I point you in the direction of the general things that annoy you thread :wink:
  • Options

Cracking game of football

Yeah really enjoyed that.

• Options
    Dave2l said:

sm said:

You can take the boy out of Palarse but you cannot take Palarse out of the boy.

Well done Victor.

Once Palace always Palace

Apart from Powell.

The only one to escape Shithurst alive and well.
    So true. He got upset with me once when I said I'd mentioned to Wiggins that he started his career at Palace. Got the feeling he didn't admit it!
  • Options
    Good cup final, hats off to Wenger for the formation change that knocked Chelsea off their game which led to a comfortable win for the Arsenal.
  • Options
    Just finished watching it... What a game... I was out all day with err indoors but had to watch the mighty celts first. Both great finals. Arsenal deserved it.
  • Options
    I have an Arsenal supporting mate who has been telling me he has been boycotting all season because he is so against Wenger. Managed to get a ticket for the final though and text me to say how happy he is they won but still wants Wenger out. I do wonder if Arsenal have missed his customer from his self imposed boycott as he used to average at least 2 games a season before that !

I actually aphave a fair few Arsenal mates and always grates when I am in the pub and they harp on about what a tough time it is for The Arsenal.