Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup final

1235»

Comments

• Options

Just finished watching it... What a game... I was out all day with err indoors but had to watch the mighty celts first. Both great finals. Arsenal deserved it.

The Scottish game was certainly not great. Both teams looked as if they'd struggle in the Championship. Celtic finishing absolutely awful.
  • Options
    I enjoyed it and it was... Same as premier teams struggle in the champions league... A step too far.
  • Options
    Scottish final might not have as technically good but some good goals, contrast of styles, tension, chances, saves and a late winner.
    I enjoyed it.
  • Options

Scottish final might not have as technically good but some good goals, contrast of styles, tension, chances, saves and a late winner.
    I enjoyed it.

Well said henry.... Two of the three goals in the english cup were lucky and scrappy, compared to the scottish cup ones.
  • Options

Cheating bastard.
    Great decision Ref

I agree but isn't the Sanchez handball as much of a cheat as he didn't admit it was handball. Wish players would be more fair like arshavin when he went over and got awarded a pen but went to the ref to say it wasn't. Why can't players all be like this. Scummy.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Cheating bastard.
    Great decision Ref

I agree but isn't the Sanchez handball as much of a cheat as he didn't admit it was handball. Wish players would be more fair like arshavin when he went over and got awarded a pen but went to the ref to say it wasn't. Why can't players all be like this. Scummy.
    No because it was completely accidental, and happened in a split second. I love Peter Crouch, but the goal he scored a couple of weeks ago was deliberate handball and completely different
  • Options
    Not sure two arms raised to bat the ball down can be described as purely accidental.
  • Options

Not sure two arms raised to bat the ball down can be described as purely accidental.

They were just an accidental position for them to be in, it wasn't as if he was expecting to pat the ball down with them!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I felt it was an instinctive reaction to protect his face, something anyone would do and does whenever you see players defending a free kick, i.e. either the men in the wall will do it or the bloke trying to charge down the shot will do it - Ultimately whats the difference?

Its the almost impossible situation with the handball rule because unlike all the other rules, the referee is forced to look inside the players mind almost and work out whether they deliberately went to handle the ball or whether it was accidental...

The easiest thing to do would be to cut out the grey area and have handball = foul regardless

But then you get situations like a Liverpool game I watched once, think it was Lucas who had the ball, advanced into the penalty area and deliberately chipped the ball against the defenders arm before appealing for a penalty which rightly wasnt given.
  • Options
    Travelled up to Gravesend yesterday via Ashford and Ebbsfleet...train was very busy with mainly Arsenal fans. Saw some of the game in the Clarendon Hotel bar and the last 15 mins in the Spoons (John Pocock) looked a decent game from the bits I saw.
  • Options
    Was at the match yesterday (tickets through an Arsenal friend) and really enjoyed it - exciting football, beautiful weather and a preferable outcome !
  • Options

I have an Arsenal supporting mate who has been telling me he has been boycotting all season because he is so against Wenger. Managed to get a ticket for the final though and text me to say how happy he is they won but still wants Wenger out. I do wonder if Arsenal have missed his customer from his self imposed boycott as he used to average at least 2 games a season before that !

I actually aphave a fair few Arsenal mates and always grates when I am in the pub and they harp on about what a tough time it is for The Arsenal.

Watched a couple of the Arsenal fan tv videos on youtube earlier and they're going on about "our disastrous season", "fans deserve today after what they've had to endure" etc. What a shambles of a season, finishing 3 points behind third and winning a cup.
  • Options
    I also liked Cambell as a player. Got the impression he was just a normal hard working professional that you'd want in your side.

Wrong!