Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Duchatelet on Belgian TV again about Charlton - a "Mismatch"

13»

Comments

• Options
    Why do we get lumbered with someone that collects football clubs as a hobby?

Why couldn't he be satisfied with Panini stickers?
  • Options
    He's seriously deluded. I doubt that many people care whether he's hands on or not. We jus want an indication of ambition.

If he thinks the problem is communication then he really is missing the point.

If he doesn't want to spend any of his time on this, then he needs to employ competent management. By any measure, he has failed miserably to do this. That he can't recognize this is the biggest issue with his ownership.
  • Options
    In the words of the mighty Blackadder -"Roland, there is only one small flaw in your cunning plan - It's bollocks!"
  • Options
    " limit myself to giving money, but they believe I should be occupied day and night with it."

Every other Saturday would be a good start.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    He doesn't limit himself to that though does he? He tells managers what formations to play, decides players like Kermogant are not good enough. After Peeters, Meire actually indicated there would be a proper recruitment process and he decided otherwise and put Luzon in. He has intervened to the point of forcing Mel Baroni to resign in despair. And despite all of her gaffs, he continues to support Meire and undermine us through his comments!

It would be better if he appoinetd a decent CEO and was as hands off as possible, if he doesn't go.

• Options

A mismatch! It's a damn cheek that our fabulously wealthy owner lands us with hopelessly incompetent managers and turkeys for players – and then says Charlton are almost insignificant to his concerns.

Here's a mismatch – Ten years ago we were in the Prem. Four years ago we were in the Championship and finished just outside the play-offs. Enter Duchatelet: relegation last year, and this season struggled against the drop to the fourth division.

Duchatelet has a personal fortune of at least £350 million. The 'mismatch' is when we are routinely walked over and taken apart by the likes of AFC Wimbledon, Peterborough and MK Dons.

Over £1bn.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Do you rememmber that game - Go for Broke - where you had to lose as much money as possible by making terrible buisness decisions? Duchatelet is probably playing it for real!
  • Options
    As I have said many times before, relatively speaking, the money he is losing means nothing to him. It really is a sideline and a training vehicle for his 'niece'.