Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tour de France 2017

Comments

• Options
    Aru in yellow.

Excellent. The tour has needed it.
  • Options
    Although Aru was 40secs down on Froome in the first TT so will need to really get ahead of him to keep that Yellow Jersey into Paris, nor do Astana work together like SKY do - Froome losing the Jersey is definitely needed though
  • Options
    Didn't expect that, Sky looked like they had done it so well.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Didn't expect that, Sky looked like they had done it so well.

Come on, you're a charlton fan - you must be well used to seeing an open goal served up for a striker only for it to be ballooned into the north stand.
  • Options
    Aru leads Froome by six-secs... Bardet is third just 26-secs back!!

Reckon SKY should have controlled the race letting Cummings stay clear and thus taking the 10sec bonus away from any rivals
  • Options
    Sky get three in the top ten but still didn't work.
  • Options
    Good to see that Cummings has won the most Aggressive Rider of the day award...
  • Options

Good to see that Cummings has won the most Aggressive Rider of the day award...

Great news.
  • Options
    The other Question is have SKY done this deliberately... Did they know how difficult a stage it would be and have given Aru the Jersey and will now take it back over the next few days with Aru a bit more cooked after that climb from 500m
  • Options

The other Question is have SKY done this deliberately... Did they know how difficult a stage it would be and have given Aru the Jersey and will now take it back over the next few days with Aru a bit more cooked after that climb from 500m

Would like to believe that but Froome did look like he was suffering on the run in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It was a killer finish today, but I think Froome knew losing the yellow here wasn't a problem. Astana don't have the fire power to defend the yellow.

I don't think Froome will risk waiting for the TT in case its wet, he will get it back before that.
  • Options

It was a killer finish today, but I think Froome knew losing the yellow here wasn't a problem. Astana don't have the fire power to defend the yellow.

I don't think Froome will risk waiting for the TT in case its wet, he will get it back before that.

Maybe, but Aru did ok today without any noticeable support.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Mainly as sky did all the controlling, he could sit back. He won't be able to do that as easy as the team will need to defend more.
  • Options

stonemuse said:

Mainly as sky did all the controlling, he could sit back. He won't be able to do that as easy as the team will need to defend more.
    Will be good to, hopefully, see Sky on the attack.
  • Options
    The TT has a 10% 1km climb in it. It's not like the first one.
  • Options
    Froome has not been the best rider up the steep climbs for the last two tdfs. I very much doubt if Sky could have let the break go. Knees and Rowe weren't riding super fast, if they went slower they'd have had multiple breaks going off.

Froome should be better in the Alps. He'll not win if he get's isolated like in 2013. I can't see Aru getting enough time in the mountains as the steeper ramps are knocked off. Down to Ag2R. But think without a trad tt tour this is Froome's last tour he can win.
  • Options
    olster said:

The TT has a 10% 1km climb in it. It's not like the first one.

Froome is a good Time Trialer and Climber though...

Both Bardet and Aru are terrible Time Trialers but good Climbers though... The gradient wont haul them back time.
  • Options
    Just 100km todays Stage though... That descent with about 30km to go to could really make things interesting later.

• Options

Just 100km todays Stage though... That descent with about 30km to go to could really make things interesting later.

It'll feel like an additional 100km on the steeper sections of the Mur de Peguere though...

I probably wouldn't try driving up them, never mind cycling.
  • Options
    Just getting really interesting and Eurosport go to adverts!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Yeh both them and ITV4 have a great habit of doing this at the moment!!
  • Options
    At last, my favourite rider, Contador, showing some form.
  • Options

Yeh both them and ITV4 have a great habit of doing this at the moment!!
    ITV4 is terrible for it. At one point I thought they were getting all their adverts in early such was the frequency of them - however towards the end of the race when things were hotting up they just kept continuing cutting away!
  • Options

At last, my favourite rider, Contador, showing some form.

Quintana has finally attacked as well... He's been dog awful this year, least they're both going for it rather than what Aru was doing and just hoping for the 10-sec time bonus you get for winning the Stage to claw back time!!
  • Options
    Just as a thought... the final Stage of the Tour de France in Paris is always procession rather than part of the race.

Its not going to happen because neither Froome or Aru would win a Sprint but what would happen if Froome was in second (less than 10-secs behind) yet was to win on the Champs-Elysee? - As that would give him the 10sec bonus to win the Tour?
  • Options
    On the basis of the current stage... If Landa (Team SKY funnily enough) gets another 15secs on top of Aru he takes the Yellow Jersey - Have three different riders in a single team ever held the Yellow Jersey in one Tour?
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Froome's Attacks!! - Nope just a bluff :)

Its a proper bit of eyeballing from Froome and Aru... The latter getting the Jersey was the best thing that could have happened!!
  • Options
    This is a fascinating stage!
  • Options
    Aru will lose major time on the time trial so still all to play for. Sky know this!
  • Options
    Fulgsang has abandoned the tour, pity for him but no surprise.