Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scott Parker Retires

1235»

Comments

• Options

The beating heart of the best Charlton team I ever saw. Was an absolute pleasure to watch Scott play. I never believed he would leave us, remember telling my mates that he WAS Charlton and that we were different as a club, that our players would never leave when we were 4th in the league. Then Parker went on strike and shattered everything that Curbs and Co had worked so hard to build. One selfish action that made us no different to any other club, that every player has his price. Broke my heart. After that, he can never be close to being my favourite Charlton player even though he was easily one of the best. Such a shame.

Totally agree. Great player but moving at that precise time was devastating for the club and fans. It cost the Valley hosting European football. Sorry but can never forgive him.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

He pissed me right off at the time.If he'd waited until the end of the season to move I'd have driven down, got him a drink and lunch and dropped him off at any club...if he'd stayed we would of had European football..99% sure.Im over it now.good luck to him.

Another annoying thing about missing out on European football that season is that millwall took the final place by reaching the cup final.
    They never beat a single premiership team in reaching the final and then got spanked at Wembley .
    We finished 7th in the premiership and missed out.
    Not that I'm still angry or anything.

F@_#/=%#$ c#$#$/ w#@$##rs
    He stropped off with no class whatsoever but to me totally understandable to take the life changing dough cos he didn't have a crystal ball to know where things would end up and you have to make hay when the sun shines .

If he'd have just stayed and played for the remainder of that season we may not have lost to Gillingham in the Cup and would have ended up with the route the scum took to get to Cardiff for the Cup Final (saying that would our best team in recent years have beaten the Zampa Road muppets)
    I'm not too bothered about us not getting to a Cup Final or Europe but I am bothered that the filthy pondlife shitbag sluts got all that glory instead of us when they weren't fit to lace our boots at the time .
    I think we went out in the 4th round that year, don't think we can say with much conviction that with Parker we would have been in with a shout of the final - that's a little far fetched. For starters we would have had to have beaten a Man United side that had Ronaldo, van Nistelrooy etc in it!
    We went out to Gillingham who then played someone shit who won then played millwall , our run to final would not have involved a prem team till the final and as losers against Man Utd Europe was the softener which the scum got
  • Options

The beating heart of the best Charlton team I ever saw. Was an absolute pleasure to watch Scott play. I never believed he would leave us, remember telling my mates that he WAS Charlton and that we were different as a club, that our players would never leave when we were 4th in the league. Then Parker went on strike and shattered everything that Curbs and Co had worked so hard to build. One selfish action that made us no different to any other club, that every player has his price. Broke my heart. After that, he can never be close to being my favourite Charlton player even though he was easily one of the best. Such a shame.

spot on
  • Options
    Been appointed under 18 coach at Spurs
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Been appointed under 18 coach at Spurs

According to many including JT and probably everyone at west ham, Scott Parker provides a great amount of outspoken pre match or half time team talks.

I predict the Spurs under 18 side will be picking up results in the near future.

Scott will be a manager one day.
  • Options
    Probably the best player I have seen in a Charlton shirt. Superb to watch, dragged us to a Champions League place and had he stayed to the end of the season and we held in he would have been a complete legend. As it is he decided to leave and if he came back to The Valley to visit, whilst I would not boo or be bitter I wouldn't really cheer either. Shame really. Had a decent career, could have had a better one but for that move to Chelsea IMO.
  • Options

Again, I feel and felt exactly the same. Absolutely heart broken when he left. Never let myself like a footballer like that again, even yann I didn't love as much.
  • Options
    I was listening to them compare Gallagher to Parker last night and while I agree in terms of their talent and ability I thought that one big difference is Gallagher seems down to earth and humble whereas Parker was completely arrogant.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Passing it around mid table. Chuffed for them.
  • Options
    The stats about how many passes you make are irrelevant in a lot of ways. 
    Huddersfield for instance are 8th. 
    We don't feature. 
    Yet look at the league positions. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Scoham said:
    Passing it around mid table. Chuffed for them.
    Just 2 points behind us.
  • Options
    Leeds were passing it around quite a bit Saturday, wonder how they got on?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Impressive from Fulham, but the stat is slightly skewed by 1000 of those passes coming in one game v Millwall.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Leeds were passing it around quite a bit Saturday, wonder how they got on?
    Not to mention we had 28% possession against Leeds | Millwall had 16% against Fulham

Now thats how you play when your not getting much of the ball
  • Options
    The media rave on about the numbers of passes. 

Man City could have 400 passes but not score, the opposition have one pass, 60 yards from the center half to the centre forward and score.

Only stat that matters is the goals scored.