Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jorge teixeira sold to STVV

That should free up some money

Comments

• Options
    Good to see someone on high wages off the books but quite telling quite how ridiculous the terms we gave him must be that we have to offload him to a sister club in order to get rid.

Hopefully this will enable the 3-4 signings to happen
  • Options
    He's up there with Gudmundsson as proof that the regime can sign good players... they just need to stop paying crazy wages to everyone and cant have 50-flops in between these types of purchases
  • Options
    It makes sense. Indeed, isn't the whole point of a "network" of clubs, being the opportunity to move "assets" around like this. CB is the one position where we are well catered for, especially if Sarr stays...
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    The Portuguese defender takes advantage of a start to find the Pro League.

Jorge Teixeira, who is about his 31 years old, will engage with Saint-Trond. The strong defender will replace his compatriot Ruben Fernandes, who asked the club to return to his country for private reasons.

Party of the Standard a year and a half, Teixeira had not been able to prevent the Addicks from switching to League One. He played only 20 games last season for four goals. He had to wait until the 21st day to start his season, he could not play in the last meetings.
    Two other arrivals

We also learn that Ceballos, lent by the Londoners to the Canaries last season, returns.
    A third player passed by the Pro League could sign.

Read more: https://www.walfoot.be/fra/news/lis/2017-07-15/jorge-teixeira-revient-en-belgique#ixzz4mvNBIMEX

19.05 pm local time, 15/7/17
  • Options
    So Roland Duchatelet is still paying him then because he couldn't shift him anywhere else.
  • Options
    We are well covered with centre halfs.
    If moving Tex means we get Reeves I'll be happy
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

J BLOCK said:

Would be pissed if we let Ceballos go

I wouldn't.
    Nor me. He's done fairly well in some pre-season games after failing to impress previously. Good for him but it hardly marks him out as the creative No 10 we desperately need. I hope that Tex going (and good luck to him too - not his fault that Nightmeire gave him a daft contract) means that Reeves and another striker come in.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Would be pissed if we let Ceballos go

Definitely be disappointing after his Ireland showing. Think he's got something to offer.
  • Options
    Don't quite understand the happiness of getting rid of Tex based on already having a few CB's!

Tex Is easily in the top 3 defenders at the club, so removing him now means Naby Sarr is our next back up should Pearce or Bauer get injured!
    Konsa seen as more of a CDM, where harry Lennon has been naff
  • Options
    Bye Jorge. You were good. Which means you're no use to us.
  • Options
    Ceballos ain't going anywhere
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Good player, and under different circumstances, I think he could have been a real cult hero. He deserves to be playing at a higher level, and I think the Belgian league just about represents that.

Ceballos leaving would be hugely problematic for me. He's apparently just scored a screamer at Greenwich Borough, and he looked very good in Ireland. He's at least worth being given a short for the reast of pre-season. As I said on the transfer thread, Reeves is a good League One player, but I think Ceballos has the ability to be more than that. And given his suitors and how he's held out for ten weeks, I'm not convinced Reeves will be on significantly lower wages.

He's also got an assist for the third and set Mark Marshall up for that goal... Nearly every attempt at goal is mentioning Ceballos.

I know Slade didnt give him a chance as he didnt think he was up to the physicality yet if he can handle the roughness from Non-League teams he should be fine whilst his priority during matches should be involved in tackles yet drifting from space to space and exploiting gaps.

Opponents wont know who to mark or what to do if we have Ceballos in the No.10 who can ping the ball left and right or whether they should concentrate on Holmes or Marshall
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ceballos certainly looks like he's hating life at Charlton though...

• Options

SDAddick said:

Good player, and under different circumstances, I think he could have been a real cult hero. He deserves to be playing at a higher level, and I think the Belgian league just about represents that.

Ceballos leaving would be hugely problematic for me. He's apparently just scored a screamer at Greenwich Borough, and he looked very good in Ireland. He's at least worth being given a short for the reast of pre-season. As I said on the transfer thread, Reeves is a good League One player, but I think Ceballos has the ability to be more than that. And given his suitors and how he's held out for ten weeks, I'm not convinced Reeves will be on significantly lower wages.

He's also got an assist for the third and set Mark Marshall up for that goal... Nearly every attempt at goal is mentioning Ceballos.

I know Slade didnt give him a chance as he didnt think he was up to the physicality yet if he can handle the roughness from Non-League teams he should be fine whilst his priority during matches should be involved in tackles yet drifting from space to space and exploiting gaps.

Opponents wont know who to mark or what to do if we have Ceballos in the No.10 who can ping the ball left and right or whether they should concentrate on Holmes or Marshall
    Agreed.
  • Options
    When does the Belgium season start? Have they started pre season yet? I wonder if we are just getting Tex and Ceballos match fit as much as anything else
  • Options

Ceballos certainly looks like he's hating life at Charlton though...

He was hoping it went for a corner.
    is he EVER going to live that one down ? ((:>)
  • Options
    Bookeeping entry but at least it should give Jimmy a bit more room to sign someone else within his budget. Thanks for memories Tex and don't forget to tell the Grandchildren once upon a time Christmas, your Birthday and a lottery win all coincided on the same day :smirk:
  • Options
    Beardface said:

sammy391 said:

Don't quite understand the happiness of getting rid of Tex based on already having a few CB's!

Tex Is easily in the top 3 defenders at the club, so removing him now means Naby Sarr is our next back up should Pearce or Bauer get injured!
    Konsa seen as more of a CDM, where harry Lennon has been naff

this is not true. Konsa is a CB and an able fill in at RB. He was tried at CM and struggled. The fact that in every pre-season performance so far he's played at CB tells you exactly that.
    Bang on. And Karl has certainly hinted that his first choice pairing is Pearce and Konsa.
  • Options
    Konsa's best position is CB without doubt and hopefully he's maturing because whilst composed on the ball he got roughed up more than once last season. He needs to add a bit of bite to his game and then he'll be the next big Douchbag payday.