Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dover v Charlton - PSF - 18 July 2017 Match Updates

1235»

Comments

• Options

@cobbles and others mock but HE IS THE REAL DEAL

Is he better or worse than Zak Ansah?
    More expensive if you want his name on the back of your shirt certainly.
  • Options
    Sarr mom for me

KAG looks to have improved. If his decision making improves he'll be very decent indeed. Impressed this pre season

Decent run out I thought against a strong and quick team.
  • Options

Five things to look out for tonight

The new "Denim" kit - Will it look nice with jeans and white Reebox classics?

Christian Cebellos - Will he play or is he being sold

The Trailists - How many and who the hell are they?

The result - A win means automatic promotion is ensured. Anything else equals relegation. There is no other possible conclusion.

Err, that's all I can think of.

The result - A win means automatic promotion is ensured. Anything else equals relegation. There is no other possible conclusion.

Sounds like the sort of negativity that Sir Henry Irving normally talks down.

• Options
    Any others there last night or watched online?

Interested in your feedback
  • Options

Sounds like the sort of negativity that Sir Henry Irving normally talks down.

wrong
  • Options
    Just finished watching the link shared by Nicholas.

We played tidy football but almost build up to a speed we can't yet maintain.

A good game to display that we need an out and out striker.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Nicholas said:

Full 90 mins if anyone is sad enough interested enough to watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG4x2oglosU

RHF: I don't think it's too early to start comparing him to a mixture of Ruud van Nistelrooy and Theiry Henry.

Slightly OTT there I think SDAddick.

More Darren Bent IMHO
  • Options
    I think this is an important season for KAG.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Whether it's because he his terrified of getting it wrong I don't know, or maybe it comes with familiarity, but Sarr took ages over his decision making I thought. The good news is that he played it simply, mostly short, sometimes long, but he needs to be totally in the moment for 100 minutes each game.
    Clarke would make me feel better if he were back up, and JFC too, at their best Aribo and Kashi would be my first picks.
    Robinson wants two players of virtually equal quality for each position, maybe somebody wants to try listing those pairings, in my view we are not ready yet in terms of the squad.
    I found last night a bit 'meh'.
  • Options
    I guess pre season is always a bit meh for me, but if Sarr is staring to show he has earnt his way to being a major part of the squad, he should be given the chance. Sadly, my worry would be the 'Fox hater' types we get who might get on his back in the warm up, and inevitably bring his confidence back down to zero just when we might be about to reap the reward in bringing him in.
    It's hard to judge anything on the opponents so far, and it may yet prove Sarr is looking good because the rest are so average, but until then, he deserves recognition for what he is doing.
  • Options

Best performance by Marshall in pre-season by far. Looked strong on the ball.

The Sarr haters must be struggling to find something to complain about.

How composed is Konsa?

All the YOUNG full backs looked good.

KAG needs to seriously improve his decision making, but looked a real threat.

Those criticising Crofts obviously didn't watch the game.

His passing left a bit to be desired at times, but mostly played well. (Maybe a bit slow - which against Dover is concerning)
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Whether it's because he his terrified of getting it wrong I don't know, or maybe it comes with familiarity, but Sarr took ages over his decision making I thought. The good news is that he played it simply, mostly short, sometimes long, but he needs to be totally in the moment for 100 minutes each game.
    Clarke would make me feel better if he were back up, and JFC too, at their best Aribo and Kashi would be my first picks.
    Robinson wants two players of virtually equal quality for each position, maybe somebody wants to try listing those pairings, in my view we are not ready yet in terms of the squad.
    I found last night a bit 'meh'.

It never felt like Sarr didn't have the time to make a choice or the ability to make the pass. He also tidily turned the striker inside out a couple of times.

Crofts played more balls out from the back that were wasted passes than Sarr did.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Robinson wants us to be patient I see.

I noticed that too :neutral:
  • Options
    seth plum said:

He says we as in the club. Not so much the fans was my opinion.

DaSilva to be confirmed before the weekend.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Enjoyed first half --second was just a parade of subs--Grant looks like he has bulked out and thought he did well.Sarr was ok .nice ground.good club house ,shit beer.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Almost like he's speaking on behalf of someone...?
  • Options
    Could Reeco Hackett - Fairchild be the striker we have been missing!? Needs to play more minutes v Norwich and Ipswich! Charles Cook looked decent too! Impressed by last season under 23's lads
  • Options

Enjoyed first half --second was just a parade of subs--Grant looks like he has bulked out and thought he did well.Sarr was ok .nice ground.good club house ,shit beer.

Bloody hell is that Chris Solly on the Left... He's got even shorter!!
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Dillon looked sharp, comfortable on the ball and he was always looking to distribute quickly. I wonder if he put too much pressure on himself in Ireland. Much better
    Barnes showed his versatility by playing full back on both sides. No frills but very solid though got caught out a couple of times, brought his man down and would have got a yellow at least
    Jacko got roasted a couple of times and his injury looked like his ribs are busted
    Naby was really good. They looked to get him on the ball a lot (his passing was decent, accurate and fizzed in). Couple of great long range passes too and a fair few blocks and tackles. Impressive.
    Ezri was Ezri. So calm and assured on the ball. He's definitely a CB not a DM

Crofts was his usual self really. Some decent blocks and tackles but passing wasn't good.
    JFC Quiet but got his goal. decent run out
    Marshall is a like a pitbull. Small and aggressive and hard to get the ball off him. Not firing on all cylinders yet but he's shaping up well. Love how 2 footed he is.
    KAG just needs to work on decision making and we'll have a really good player there. He's impressed me a lot in pre season
    McGennis doesn't look quite fit yet and his touch isn't there yet.

Aribo was all-action when he came on
    Reeco didn't do a lot except score

Good run out against a young and speedy team

I thought JFC done well with his link up play and was always looking to make the run from midfield into space, was calm and measured passing and was box to box
  • Options
    Any highlights other than VP?
  • Options
    Whole game was posted by nicolas and quoted by SD above.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    SDAddick & Swisdom made good summaries.

Barnes & Charles-Cook had good games and didn't look out of place.

Ahearne-Grant has bulked up, but runs into trouble because he is so right footed & is played on the left.

Sarr played well and was always decent at passing the ball when unchallenged. The test for him is when he is put under pressure and players run at him. This is when his decision making, composure and his balance have been found wanting.
    No one really ran at him last night.

We played some nice passing football in the first half, but we still seem to lack a threat.

However, these are friendly games, so we are of course not really pushing ourselves too hard.
  • Options
    "We dropped into zones we worked very hard on"

That's alright then. Promotion virtually guaranteed.