Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Ipswich - PSF - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    15:42 Chance
    Knudsen takes drastic action to stop Magennis getting in again following more superb play from Clarke and Holmes. Charlton look like scoring every time they go forward at the moment.
  • Options
    we look very good, great passing game
  • Options
    ooooh nearly five
  • Options
    Just tuned in sounds great, save some goals for next week please.
  • Options
    great first half, well done Addicks
  • Options
    HALF TIME | Charlton 4 Ipswich 0.
  • Options
    What a brilliant first half diaplay from clinical Charlton. Displaying some superb attacking play, it seemed like they would score at will. Ipswich fans boo their team off - they have been that bad, and Charlton have been that good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Superb.
    Thanks for the updates everyone
  • Options
    They inspired me to sign up for a season of Valley Pass. Pricey, but just can't help myself.
  • Options
    Wasn't expecting that. Kashi has been quality. They cant handle that now shit player who Didn't sign a contract extension :smiley: . Fosu and Clarke been really good aswell.
  • Options
    Trouble is, if we do not beat Bristol Rovers by at least 4-0, people will moan
  • Options
    Best £1 ever spent. Get your money on Ipswich to be relegated. Bye bye Mick
  • Options
    We look brilliant, Forster Caskey is pinging them for fun. Clarke looks like a tricky customer. Kashi looks solid. Fosu looks like he can make something happen Everytime he picks up the ball. Da Silva getting in quality positions too.
  • Options

They inspired me to sign up for a season of Valley Pass. Pricey, but just can't help myself.

It's been great to watch.
  • Options
    Ipswich have been very poor so far but the intensity of our play has contributed to that. Holmes really putting shift in and Kashi is like we have 12v11. All the players have done well but hard to tell if Amos is any good of not.
    Norwich light years ahead of Ipswich. Dont have Ipswich in your season accumulator
  • Options
    Robinson out
  • Options
    Kashi is the key in my mind. Watching on Valley Pass, we look good and DaSilva is one hell of a LB. Wasnt sure about Clarke, but looks as though fitting in well today. If Reeves signs who do you leave out? I like Fosu and would like him to start next week. Only a friendly and we have to temper this with the Norwich game, but we are looking better than I thought we would.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

All optimism has to be tempered by acknowledging that Ipswich really lack intensity... but very good from us so far. Everyone is busy and pressing well. Players look comfortable in possession, even under pressure. Also showing the lie to the idea that one up front is always defensive. Clarke, Holmes and Fosu all playing close to Big Mag, not 30 yards behind him as has been the way in the past, and the 3 are interchanging well giving a fluidity to our play. If we can do this when it matters we are going to score plenty just on sheer weight of chances created.

Must keep Big Mag.

Yeah, all of this. Ipswich are missing two or three key plays but the back seven, including the two holding players, are pretty much first choice and they can't handle us.

This is a great illustration of how a well drilled, intelligent pressing game can create goals at our level. We will not come up against many teams whose center backs will be comfortable dealing with the pressure and playing out, and it will mean turnovers in possession and aimless long balls. Think of what teams did to us under Slade last year.

If you have a God or a shaman or a talisman or anything, please implore them to keep Forster-Caskey and Kashi fit. You can see today just how good they are.
  • Options
    Half time marks from people there and watching the stream? Sounds like Kashi, Mag, Clarke and Bauer have been doing the business.
  • Options
    Enjoying the halftime video interview with Pearce.
  • Options
    Kashi give JFC the freedom to play further up the pitch and means he pulls the strings going forward.

Our attacking play looks similar to basketball movements. JFC air Kashi at the base spreading balls to either side of the pitch. Our forwards all moving around and interchanging. We try and go one way then come back and Go the other way. And the man at the base is always there to receive the ball and start again. Very fluid and great movement.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

KR's target this year is 100 goals
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

KR is always around in training and is an excellent coach, wants to improve everyone.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Charlton look classy, admittedly against a very poor Ipswich side, but the passing is spot on and the players look comfortable with the ball. Our goals all look like they were meant as well. A nice little run out before the season kicks off. The only downside is the tannoy volume has been set somewhere just above the level of a 1970s heavy metal band and each time we score the players name is announced.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

stonemuse said:
    Desperate times for him.

Is that a list of interested clubs in his hand?

Its his signing on fee Harry Redknapp style !