Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Starting XI for the first game of the season (v Bristol Rovers)

2»

Comments

• Options
    And if he is our for the odd game, Dijksteel can step up.
  • Options
    Amos
    Solly Konsa Bauer Dasilva
    Kashi JFC
    Fosu Clarke Holmes
    Magennis

GK, Barnes, Sarr, Dijksteel, Aribo, Ahearne-Grant, Novak

Assuming Pearce and Phillips are unfit, very young bench but probably the best first XI in the league
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Amos
    Kashi JFC
    Fosu Clarke Holmes
    Magennis

Assuming Pearce and Phillips are unfit, very young bench but probably the best first XI in the league

No Croft, Watt?
  • Options
    ross1 said:

sam3110 said:

Amos
    Kashi JFC
    Fosu Clarke Holmes
    Magennis

No Croft, Watt?
    Who would they replace?
  • Options
    Would still have Watt ahead of KAG, just. JUST. Actually would I? Does Aribo double up as the sub winger?

Maybe Watt vs Novak is more interesting, but I think KR favours Novak and with reason
  • Options
    Crofts ahead of Dijksteel would piss me off considerably however
  • Options
    KAG is ahead of Watt for me. Has pace and attacks players in a direct way. More what you need from a sub.

Dijksteele offers flexability.

Crofts and Watt will play their part as the season moves forward, but are probably struggling to get on the bench if everyone is fit.
  • Options
    The effectiveness of Watt and KAG are on a par at the moment. Both players need to up their game, the question might be which one is prepared to do so.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Amos
    Solly Bauer Konsa Dasilva
    Kashi JFC
    Fosu Clarke Holmes
    Magennis

Phillips (may leave IMO, Martin if so) Dijksteel, Barnes, Sarr, Aribo, Reeves, Watt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I'd start Phillips until Amos has the time to build an understanding with the defence. Give the shirt to Phillips and tell him it's his to lose.

Do you seriously think Amos would have come here if he was told "it's Phillips to lose?"

• Options
    Amos
    Solly, Baeur, Pearce, Da Silva
    Kashi, Forster- Caskey
    Holmes, Fosu,
    Clarke
    Magennis