Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SKY Sports.

Comments

• Options
    What happens with Sky Sports News?
  • Options

It's part of the basic package I think , we still have it and only have the basic.
  • Options
    I have Sky Sports via BT these days, and the reconfiguration buggered my Test Match watching the other day because they chose to supplant the cricket with F1. I can't help feeling that Sky is deliberately getting at those who pay for sports via another platform.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

It's part of the basic package I think , we still have it and only have the basic.
    It's not a news channel as much as an advertising tool, hence why it's available in the basic package.
  • Options
    I got a free Now TV pass with some insurance for three months. ( I wasn't too bothered about it as already have Sky Sports.) But it seemed to be incompatible with virtually every application I run. Didn't work on Chrome, wouldn't work on the Now TV app on my Youview box (bizarre - only movies not entertainment), incompatible with Linux and wouldn't work on my tablet. That meant the only thing I could use it with was my Windows-based laptop and then only if I switch browser.
    All in all about as useful as a chocolate teapot. Needless to say it got cancelled after the free trial.
  • Options
    Id been with sky for 10 years or more continuously paying £80 per month tried to sort a deal with not much joy so cancelled and held out for 2 months and then got offered the £80 package for £32!!!
  • Options
    They were showing a FIFA 17 tournament on it last night FFS!
  • Options
    Brother in law works for nowtv and I have sky sports free for five years
    Yes, I am gloating.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Brother in law works for nowtv and I have sky sports free for five years
    Yes, I am gloating.

To be fair, so does everyone with a Kodi box, only difference is that they get all the games on other channels too - like the Saturday 3pm kick offs.
  • Options
    In case anyone with sky sports isn't aware you can now pause it until the sport resumes, so you won't be charged. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I just cancelled it. Can’t see them showing much before August, and even that’s optimistic. Sat on hold for ages to do the pause thing, when I called back to cancel I skipped the two-hour queue! 
  • Options
    Funny it took me less than 10 minutes to pause. Was automated though so hopefully goes through. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Funny it took me less than 10 minutes to pause. Was automated though so hopefully goes through. 
    How did you do it Talal? 
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    I am enjoying the past Premier League years they are showing  when we were an established team. 

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Simonsen said:
    Talal said:
    How did you do it Talal? 
    Go to the front page on Sky.com ,  its right there . Currently it's not working !
  • Options
    phone 0800 151 2747. automated service, it confirms you have paused sky sports package, and apparently it will  do so. Also no need to phone up and  start it when  it comes online, no sure how all that will work, with football and F1  but that is what they claim?....... we shall see 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    Talal said:
    How did you do it Talal? 
    Phoned 03337591018 then gives you the option to pause. It said there'd be a long wait but wasn't, maybe I got lucky. 
  • Options
    phone 0800 151 2747. automated service, it confirms you have paused sky sports package, and apparently it will  do so. Also no need to phone up and  start it when  it comes online, no sure how all that will work, with football and F1  but that is what they claim?....... we shall see 
    Did the same waited about 1 minute easy.
  • Options
    Good advice chaps...thanks.

Anyone managed to pause BT Sport too? 
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    SKY Sports cancelled on line. Took about 20 mins for the Pause page to come up. Clicked pause and it was confirmed immediately. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Simonsen said:
    SKY Sports cancelled on line. Took about 20 mins for the Pause page to come up. Clicked pause and it was confirmed immediately. 
    Did the same. Quite a smooth process although there was no confirmatory email, which would have been nice. 
  • Options
    Can you do the same on Virgin Media?
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    What’s the saving and how long does it pause for?
  • Options
    When I rang two days ago I was told I had to cancel sport and then when I was ready, as in live sport returned, I would have to re-subscribe to the sports channels and get the best deal available at that time. 
    Have just phoned and they have re-instated my sports and immediately paused it and knocked another £2 of the bill. 
    Thanks Charltonlife.
    Happy days.  :)
  • Options
    dwb said:
    This is what I want to know. 
    Anyone?
  • Options
    dwb said:
    This is what I want to know. 
    Anyone?
    I have tweeted them asking, no answer yet. 

I don't want to cancel it because I will loose my recordings such as the play offs and cricket World Cup final. 
  • Options
    I have tried on the Sky web site to pause my subscription about 5 times today and each time they say that they have technical difficulties and try again later
  • Options
    What news.
    There ain't no sports being played 
  • Options
    I have tried on the Sky web site to pause my subscription about 5 times today and each time they say that they have technical difficulties and try again later
    Had the same problem but called on 0800 151 2747 and got through quickly. Guy on the phone sorted it out easily.