Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SKY Sports.

Comments

• Options
    When I rang two days ago I was told I had to cancel sport and then when I was ready, as in live sport returned, I would have to re-subscribe to the sports channels and get the best deal available at that time. 
    Have just phoned and they have re-instated my sports and immediately paused it and knocked another £2 of the bill. 
    Thanks Charltonlife.
    Happy days.  :)
    I was told you could continue with the deal you had.

In any event I don't see sport resuming any time soon. You'll be able to get the best deal possible when Black Friday comes round.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    dwb said:
    Can you do the same on Virgin Media?
    This is what I want to know. 
    Anyone?
    I have tweeted them asking, no answer yet. 

I don't want to cancel it because I will loose my recordings such as the play offs and cricket World Cup final. 
    Don't understand why you think you will lose your recordings on your Skybox if you cancel Sky Sports. Surely you just lose access to the Sky Sports Channels, not recordings you have on your box?
  • Options
    Don't know if you lose (as in they are deleted), but you definitely wouldn't be able to continue watching unless you resubscribed
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Simonsen said:
    SKY Sports cancelled on line. Took about 20 mins for the Pause page to come up. Clicked pause and it was confirmed immediately. 
    Did the same. Quite a smooth process although there was no confirmatory email, which would have been nice. 
    Same here, but only took 5 minutes
  • Options
    dwb said:
    No, not at this stage. 
  • Options
    Cheers for the reminder guys, phoned up sky saved myself £35 a month.
  • Options
    I have the whole kit and caboodle with Sky - sports, movies, Sky q with ultra HD as well as broadband and phone. Discovered new customers get it for a little over half of what I’m paying - albeit with some promo prices. One phone call cut the cost by a little over a third - fairly near the prices after promos ended. 👍
  • Options
    Always haggle with Sky when contract is up
  • Options
    I gave my 1 months notice to Virgin to cancel my Sky & BT Sports.
    It can be reinstated within 3 hours.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Given that there is practically no live sport, surely all customers will want to pause their sky sports subscription?

To avoid everyone spending hours on the phone or getting frustrated at the website not working why don't they just suspend sky sports payments for everyone until sports resume?
    Quite. Just want that extra bit of cash from those unaware of it. 
  • Options
    Completely frgot about this. Will cancel. No doubt there will be serious offers when sport is back. 
  • Options
    Called the 0800 number and paused, really good service (compared to BA who are being an absolute nightmare...).

The automated message said all 11 channels & my recordings would remain “available”. Does that mean I can watch them even though I’m not paying?
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Simonsen said:
    Talal said:
    Funny it took me less than 10 minutes to pause. Was automated though so hopefully goes through. 
    How did you do it Talal? 
    Phoned 03337591018 then gives you the option to pause. It said there'd be a long wait but wasn't, maybe I got lucky. 
    Just did that, easy peasey......thanks for the tip Talal
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    dwb said:
    Anyone?

I don't want to cancel it because I will loose my recordings such as the play offs and cricket World Cup final. 
    Don't understand why you think you will lose your recordings on your Skybox if you cancel Sky Sports. Surely you just lose access to the Sky Sports Channels, not recordings you have on your box?
    I believe you do keep your recording.
  • Options
    You won't lose anything if you pause, they are simply stopping the payment but you still get the channels and presumably recordings (I don't have any to check but wouldn't make sense for them to be deleted).
  • Options
    I paused my subscription and now don't have access to the channels or recordings although recordings stay in your planner you just can't watch them.
  • Options
    Did mine this morning, logged in a pressed the pause button. All done.
    But with so little content why doesn’t Sky just scrub the payment to their sports channel? We’ve already paid for the archive stuff they have been showing for the past couple of weeks.
     I do know the reason, they’re business to make money not look after the finances of their customers.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    dwb said:
    Anyone?

Mine is virgin media, the recordings are encrypted and you can't view them with out the relevant subscription.  I assume the idea is you don't get movies, for example, for one month, record everything, then cancel it? 
  • Options
    I paused my subscription and now don't have access to the channels or recordings although recordings stay in your planner you just can't watch them.
    You should still have them and be able to watch recordings.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    But with so little content why doesn’t Sky just scrub the payment to their sports channel? We’ve already paid for the archive stuff they have been showing for the past couple of weeks.
     I do know the reason, they’re business to make money not look after the finances of their customers.
    To be fair I think it’s pretty good of them to do this (and to make it so easy). As I said above it’s a complete contrast to the way BA are behaving.

Credit where it’s due. 
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    I’ve hit the pause button. No idea if it’s done anything though. Just whirring away. 
  • Options
    Anyone know if this is possible if you have a NOW TV sky sports annual season ticket?
  • Options
    Cheers @Talal I did this a few days ago before the online option was made available so no doubt an error on the sky operative's behalf early on.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    To be fair I think it’s pretty good of them to do this (and to make it so easy). As I said above it’s a complete contrast to the way BA are behaving.

Credit where it’s due. 
    Yes they are better than a lot but they have been pressured into this. Only a few days ago they were not willing to take this path. I don’t think it’s good of them , it’s the right thing to do. They are willing to take your money but not provide the goods paid for, (which is obviously not their doing). Sky is not cheap and their sports channels are rapidly becoming a sports version of UK Gold. If people were forced to cancel their contracts, Sky knows the churn rate would be a lot higher than it is on a normal day. 
  • Options
    I’ve hit the pause button. No idea if it’s done anything though. Just whirring away. 
    I did that about an hour ago...still going round and round
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Overload probably same as before. Close the page and try again later. You will get a confirmation response almost immediately when the site is responding.
  • Options
    I have tried three times over the last two days, mine is still going around after two hours this morning, they are a shameful company, I might just cancel
  • Options
    I have tried three times over the last two days, mine is still going around after two hours this morning, they are a shameful company, I might just cancel
    Don't give up Harry it's pot luck or timing it seems, keep trying I got through at 8 o'clock Thursday evening.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    I paused using  the automated phone system two hours ago (which was very easy), but I am still able to get all sports channels.
    Does anyone know how long they take to implement the request?