Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2017/18 Betting Thread

Comments

• Options
    MrLargo said:

Sheff Weds
    Bristol Rovers
    Fleetwood

Oldham Athletic - lost their first 5 games of the season, then MrLargo starts betting on them to lose and they pick up 4 points on their travels against sides in the top half of the table (Fleetwood on Saturday, BRovers yesterday).

Sometimes I'll place a bet and when it loses I'll curse myself for not thinking it through properly or being too reckless.

Sometimes though, like last night and last Saturday, I'll diligently do my research and place what appears on paper to be a very sensible, shrewd bet, and I still end up losing. I can only presume that when my dad was driving my mum to hospital to give birth to me, he ran over about 50 black cats on the way and then managed to pass under 13 ladders whilst wheeling her up to the maternity ward.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

MrLargo said:

Sheff Weds
    Bristol Rovers
    Fleetwood

Oldham Athletic - lost their first 5 games of the season, then MrLargo starts betting on them to lose and they pick up 4 points on their travels against sides in the top half of the table (Fleetwood on Saturday, BRovers yesterday).

Sometimes I'll place a bet and when it loses I'll curse myself for not thinking it through properly or being too reckless.

Sometimes though, like last night and last Saturday, I'll diligently do my research and place what appears on paper to be a very sensible, shrewd bet, and I still end up losing. I can only presume that when my dad was driving my mum to hospital to give birth to me, he ran over about 50 black cats on the way and then managed to pass under 13 ladders whilst wheeling her up to the maternity ward.
    My old fella was in such a hurry he put the car through the window of 'World of Mirrors'
  • Options

Found midweek results in the EFL even more a lottery than weekend Ines last few years

Couldn't agree more. Noticed this trend last year.
  • Options
    Shrewsbury
    Leeds
    Ipswich
    Wigan
    Fulham
    Boro

About 66/1. Ipswich will be the one that goes wrong. McCarthy always lets me down.
  • Options
    This week's losers:

Double on Wigan and Exeter won't be posting out at odds of 2/1.

Btw, Bet 365 users. Have a look in the My Account bit: Members> Offers> Offers Available. I had a ten quid bonus in there that I was completely unaware of. They called it a Loyalty Bonus, which I guess is another way of saying "thanks for paying for our staff Christmas bash, you loser".
  • Options
    Played quite a few today but primary.

Charlton, Wigan, Blackburn £12
    Wigan Blackburn £32
    Exeter, Charlton, welling East Thurrock £25
    Ipswich, Shrewsbury, Wigan £16

• Options
    I run my own model for the Prem/Champ/Lg1/Lg2 based on shot data. This has it's advantages and disadvantages as any model does but can throw up some value bets throughout the season.

Still early days in the Premiership but there are some interesting things to note in lower leagues:

Championship: Got this quite competitive at the top end with Leeds and Cardiff currently top. At the other end things looks very bad for both Bolton and Burton. Bolton are now only 1.44 but can still get 1.91 on Burton if you don't mind taking a short price this far out. Ipswich, despite their start, also don't fare well and could be worth an interest at 11s should they slide down the table.

League 1: Got Wigan well clear currently and prices of 9/4 look fair to win the League. Rate us about 8th at the moment. Other end of the table doesn't throw up anything of major interest yet.

League 2: Very competitive at the top but Forest Green look to be struggling to adapt to the step up from non-Leauge. 13/2 with Bet365 to go down looks big (if you can get anything on), with it as short as 11/4 elsewhere. Can get 5s in main high street shops.
  • Options
    Desperate for a winner to provide a chicken dinner

Someone pick something out for us today!
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    £5 - returns £170
    Everton
    Leeds
    Derby
    Charlton
    QPR
    Mansfield

£3- Returns £87
    Spurs
    Manure
    Chelsea
    Brentford
    Cardiff

£2- £81
    Draws
    Burnley / Udders
    Norwich/ Bristol
    Plymouth/ Doncaster
  • Options

Remember, a 2/1 winner is better than a 10/1 loser
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Villa Forest
    Reading Hull
    Draw double
  • Options

Give the gambling up then it's steak every other week
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    MrOneLung said:

Remember, a 2/1 winner is better than a 10/1 loser
    When the fun food stops, you stop starve.
  • Options
    Spurs -1, 6/4
    Kane to score 2 or more, 7/2

Couple of guarantee losers to start the day with.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

I wish mate. I'm still playing with the initial £50 I put on a Paddy account six years. Had a couple of good wins 4-5 years ago and my balance has just been gradually eeking down from there. Current balance £26. Need a win otherwise I've only got 5 or 6 weeks left!
  • Options

clb74 said:

I wish mate. I'm still playing with the initial £50 I put on a Paddy account six years. Had a couple of good wins 4-5 years ago and my balance has just been gradually eeking down from there. Current balance £26. Need a win otherwise I've only got 5 or 6 weeks left!
    Put £25 on a Tottenham, Chelsea and Man Utd treble. With the other £1, do a treble score cast for the 3 games.

You’ll either win a few quid or your paddy power balance will be 0 - on the up side you won’t have to worry about it anymore.
  • Options
    Don't worry mate, I'm on an 856-1 dead cert
  • Options
    Man City
    Chelsea
    Wolves
    Derby
    Luton

6/1, well overdue a win.
  • Options
    This weekend's main losers:

Man C to win to nil
    Man U to win to nil
    Fleetwood
    Accrington
    Trebles and a 22/1 fourfold.

Might also stick a tenner on bottom placed Bolton to beat third from bottom Brentford - 5/2
  • Options
    edited September 2017
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Japan is where the money is. Always good odds.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Spurs -1, 6/4

Great call
  • Options
    Accrington look decent value today at evens
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Spurs -1, 6/4

Congratulations
  • Options
    Charlton let me down.
    Never bet on your own team
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    I was sweating on Wolves for a 5 fold. scored in the 81st min..... Barnsley equalised in the 91st min, just as I was about to throw my phone at the cat, Wolves scored again to win it.
  • Options

Charlton let me down.
    Never bet on your own team

Same here
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Put £50 on Utd, City, Chelsea, RM and Barca (see attachment). Thought United would struggle so went for a Draw No Bet.
  • Options
    Guess who let me down for my 854-1 accy?
  • Options
    Loads