Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POSITIVITY 100% SUPPORT

Comments

• Options
    clb74 said:

JamesSeed said:

clb74 said:

So when's the next protest? Are anti Regime songs still being heard?

No and no
    Most folks think, well I do anyway, that what we're seeing on the pitch this season wouldn't have happened without the protests.

JamesSeed said:

clb74 said:

No and no
    Most folks think, well I do anyway, that what we're seeing on the pitch this season wouldn't have happened without the protests.
    Ditto, JS.

Something the die hard pro regimers will never acknowledge.
    Of course.
    I could sit here and say out of the games I've been to 4 out of 6 league I've heard no anti regime , anti Belgian songs ,chants.
    Perhaps the team are playing better because there are none.
    "Just sell the club".
  • Options

clb74 said:

JamesSeed said:

clb74 said:

No and no

JamesSeed said:

clb74 said:

No and no
    Ditto, JS.

Of course.
    I could sit here and say out of the games I've been to 4 out of 6 league I've heard no anti regime , anti Belgian songs ,chants.
    Perhaps the team are playing better because there are none.
    "Just sell the club".
    Coming from the man who at Northampton nearly started crying
  • Options
    This may help those on the Fence....

POSITIVITY

http://www.charlton.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=504300
  • Options
    I'm sure the protests have had an impact but the failure of the network nonsense that lead to relegation has lead to the end of the maniac Belgium from interfering and the withdrawal of meire into a purely functional role - as I told this board last year. Anyway, no point banging on about it - the evidence is now there for all to see as airman has even conceded in his magazine. Onwards and upwards
  • Options
    cafc_will said:

POSITIVITY

Odd article. He wants "boycotters" to reconsider, but then wants to ban them forever anyway.
    Unique
  • Options
    NugNug
    edited September 2017
    DOUCHER said:

I'm sure the protests have had an impact but the failure of the network nonsense that lead to relegation has lead to the end of the maniac Belgium from interfering and the withdrawal of meire into a purely functional role - as I told this board last year. Anyway, no point banging on about it - the evidence is now there for all to see as airman has even conceded in his magazine. Onwards and upwards

Even though you do keep banging on about it.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

I might agree if the change happened after relegation, but it didn't really did it? And it was hardly working before that anyway. Last season we still sacked a manager 16 or so games in, we still had an inadequate squad, the main difference was that it wasn't filled with network scout suggestions and we very nearly skirted with relegation for 2 seasons running. Although my memory might be clouded now but didn't some players come in before Slade?

This season seems slightly different, but it's still early days, I sincerely hope the leopard has changed his spots, but I can't help feel he hasn't entirely, only time will tell.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Uboat said:

cafc_will said:

POSITIVITY

Bloody hell. Did you actually read it? What a pile of shite.
    Content........... complete bollocks

Writing style..... complete novice

Impact............. zero
  • Options
    I do not know what that individual has said or done in the past...

In the present and the future, I believe the Team and club deserves our support. We all want the same thing which is promotion back where we were in the championship.. protests in the past have obviously had an effect for the better of the club which is why KR has been given full control, we have no interference which has been stated many times.
    What I liked about the article was the fact we all know what went on in the past, this season is different SO FAR and the team are playing good football.. I know some supporters do not want to return until RD sells but should we gain promotion and then be challenging at the top end of the championship playing good football with a team to relate to why miss these memories. In my opinion CARD and others actions in the past have obviously had an effect on how the Club Is run now.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

DOUCHER said:

I might agree if the change happened after relegation, but it didn't really did it? And it was hardly working before that anyway. Last season we still sacked a manager 16 or so games in, we still had an inadequate squad, the main difference was that it wasn't filled with network scout suggestions and we very nearly skirted with relegation for 2 seasons running. Although my memory might be clouded now but didn't some players come in before Slade?

This season seems slightly different, but it's still early days, I sincerely hope the leopard has changed his spots, but I can't help feel he hasn't entirely, only time will tell.
    I agree Rob. You and I sat in that meeting with KM on the final day of last season and she was (imo) at pains to stress that they have learnt from their mistakes and could they be judged on this season (well, that's how it came across to me). As you say, this season feels a little different, but I truly believe RD has lost interest in his little hobby, and that's why there is a degree of normality. KR, regardless of whether or not you rate him, knows how the game works. We have an English head of recruitment, and actually, the choice of putting JJ and Bowyer as coaches, could prove to be a very clever move.

I'm even willing to go as far as to say that perhaps KM has learned a few things and is now 3 years into her tenure and perhaps, adjusting to her role. She's not stupid, and I'm sure she would've picked up on the commercial side of the game a little bit by now.

I'm still massively weary because you know RD is now doing this on the cheap and putting the bare minimum in to make us competitive and we've actually got what looks like green shoots of recovery.

Who knows, but I'm just enjoying the winning feeling, but more the fact that I'm going to games wanting us to win. I felt totally detached over the last 2 and a bit years. I need this little purple patch of positivity and possible comeback
  • Options
    cafc_will said:

I do not know what that individual has said or done in the past...

In the present and the future, I believe the Team and club deserves our support. We all want the same thing which is promotion back where we were in the championship.. protests in the past have obviously had an effect for the better of the club which is why KR has been given full control, we have no interference which has been stated many times.
    What I liked about the article was the fact we all know what went on in the past, this season is different SO FAR and the team are playing good football.. I know some supporters do not want to return until RD sells but should we gain promotion and then be challenging at the top end of the championship playing good football with a team to relate to why miss these memories. In my opinion CARD and others actions in the past have obviously had an effect on how the Club Is run now.

Full control Will why are we short on strikers
  • Options
    We tried to get our Number 1 target but was over priced... We got our loan signing instead.. this was short term as come January we will try again or move on to No.2 on the list for a Permanent signing...

POSITIVITY

How many goals scored so far, the way we are playing loads of goals in the team..

Stay Positive clb
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

DOUCHER said:

the change did happen - didn't work as well as this season but it did - nothings perfect even now but the change of strategy definitely happened but of course the wilder thing fell through at the last minute - believe what you like, it did
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    cafc_will said:

We tried to get our Number 1 target but was over priced... We got our loan signing instead.. this was short term as come January we will try again or move on to No.2 on the list for a Permanent signing...

POSITIVITY

How many goals scored so far, the way we are playing loads of goals in the team..

Stay Positive clb

I am positive Will if the Belgians take us up with one major striker who over the next couple of months will miss a couple of games will be unbelievable.
  • Options
    cafcwill said:

just so we're clear

***Bump***
  • Options
    cafc_will said:

POSITIVITY

What a crock of shit.
  • Options
    I may be in the minority here but consistently repeating the word 'positivity' positively grates on me.

I have actively protested at the Valley and in belgium, have spoken to Duchatelet a couple of times and while I feel I could have done more and better on occasions (as always) I am happy that Karl Robinson has been given the freedom to create a team in the way he likes to play.

I think it is unfortunate that we weren't able to get decent striker cover in, not terrible....

Facts are that the first part of Duchatelet's ownership were awful, the approach of the senior management, with no experience, was awful...

Not just slightly bad, truly awful and have been well documented. We had many useless or unsuitable players imposed upon us, managers fired due to these poor decisions, fans persecuted or prosecuted for complaints, this cannot be lightly dismissed.

But it is possible that the protests both at the Valley or more likely in Belgium, and other factors, have changed this.

Now we have a lively looking team (not seen them yet but will soon) and a different feel from fans in the ground.

So I support that, I think that if sensible decisions are made, and the team does well, what's not to like?

So far I think we could have done better signing a striker, that's my only issue with the transfer market (if pushed would like also another goalie) but fair play, the team looks good.

If I could get Duchatelet to invest another £5m by standing up and supporting the team every week, I would.

Aupportin the positivity vibe, with reservations. Just shouting it out in capital letters is just annoying sorry mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm still not convinced KR has full control. I think the club want to paint the picture he does for PR bit I think someone else controls things and tugs the strings every now and then.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    DOUCHER said:

Rob7Lee said:

DOUCHER said:

the change did happen - didn't work as well as this season but it did - nothings perfect even now but the change of strategy definitely happened but of course the wilder thing fell through at the last minute - believe what you like, it did
    I'm not sure what a failed attempt to hire Chris Wilder proves - managers weren't the only issue by a long shot. Employed an experienced manager then sacked them, inadequate squad that almost led to a relegation battle. Not much of a change was it, much like the appointment of CO'L that lead to Slade being sacked, believe what you like, it did happen :wink:
    cabbles said:

Rob7Lee said:

DOUCHER said:

I agree Rob. You and I sat in that meeting with KM on the final day of last season and she was (imo) at pains to stress that they have learnt from their mistakes and could they be judged on this season (well, that's how it came across to me). As you say, this season feels a little different, but I truly believe RD has lost interest in his little hobby, and that's why there is a degree of normality. KR, regardless of whether or not you rate him, knows how the game works. We have an English head of recruitment, and actually, the choice of putting JJ and Bowyer as coaches, could prove to be a very clever move.

I'm even willing to go as far as to say that perhaps KM has learned a few things and is now 3 years into her tenure and perhaps, adjusting to her role. She's not stupid, and I'm sure she would've picked up on the commercial side of the game a little bit by now.

I'm still massively weary because you know RD is now doing this on the cheap and putting the bare minimum in to make us competitive and we've actually got what looks like green shoots of recovery.

Who knows, but I'm just enjoying the winning feeling, but more the fact that I'm going to games wanting us to win. I felt totally detached over the last 2 and a bit years. I need this little purple patch of positivity and possible comeback
    300%
  • Options
    drewman said:

I'm still not convinced KR has full control. I think the club want to paint the picture he does for PR bit I think someone else controls things and tugs the strings every now and then.

there's not a manager in the world who has full control - they're all answerable to somebody and that somebody is the bloke who's stumping up the cash - its how the world works
  • Options
    Agreed.
  • Options
    Agree with everyone...

I'll be at the Valley Tomorrow Night Cheering on the boys to hopefully another 3 points and possibly Top of the League..

COYR
  • Options
    I'm fighting with the ex and my girlfriend about whether its ok to take the lad at 7 years old on a school night, first time I've been interested enough to have the discussion for 2 years
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

DOUCHER said:

Rob7Lee said:

DOUCHER said:

I'm not sure what a failed attempt to hire Chris Wilder proves - managers weren't the only issue by a long shot. Employed an experienced manager then sacked them, inadequate squad that almost led to a relegation battle. Not much of a change was it, much like the appointment of CO'L that lead to Slade being sacked, believe what you like, it did happen :wink:

that they had ditched the foreign network type thing!!!!!! i didn't say they'd suddenly become perfect owners - anyway.... just remembered why i stopped posting on here - bloody hard work wading through the doom - see u next year

cabbles said:

Rob7Lee said:

DOUCHER said:

300%
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

clb74 said:

No and no
    Ditto, JS.

At the start of the protests some fans were of the opinion that if we started winning protests would disappear - that's happening at the moment? Having said that it seems that protests have worked in terms of having a decent English Manager, buying ''experienced' British players and with RD/KM letting KR get on with the job. It seems as id we're not just winning but also playing some decent football.
    If the run of wins falls over and we start to se a mid table CAFC will the protests return?

• Options

JamesSeed said:

clb74 said:

No and no
    Ditto, JS.

At the start of the protests some fans were of the opinion that if we started winning protests would disappear - that's happening at the moment? Having said that it seems that protests have worked in terms of having a decent English Manager, buying ''experienced' British players and with RD/KM letting KR get on with the job. It seems as id we're not just winning but also playing some decent football.
    If the run of wins falls over and we start to se a mid table CAFC will the protests return?

If we don't go up this season, then yes, they should return in my opinion.